Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 05-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default The draft Lottery!

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/5/16/1...tery-explained
Quote:
On Tuesday, just before the tip-off of the Magic-Celtics game, fans of the 14 teams that didn’t make the playoffs will tune in to see how their teams’ fate was decided by fast-moving ping-pong balls inside a clear plastic machine.

Code:
1. Nets - 250 combinations, 25% chance of receiving the #1 pick 2. Timberwolves - 199 combinations, 19.9% chance 3. Kings - 156 combinations, 15.6% chance 4. Warriors - 119 combinations, 11.9% chance 5. Wizards - 88 combinations, 8.8% chance 6. 76ers - 63 combinations, 6.3% chance 7. Pistons - 43 combinations, 4.3% chance 8. Clippers - 28 combinations, 2.8% chance 9. Jazz (from Knicks) - 17 combinations, 1.7% chance 10. Pacers - 11 combinations, 1.1% chance 11. Hornets - 8 combinations, 0.8% chance 12. Grizzlies - 7 combinations, 0.7% chance 13. Raptors - 6 combinations, 0.6% chance 14. Rockets - 5 combinations, 0.5% chance

Quote:
So, the Nets have no more than a 25% chance of getting the overall #1 pick, a 44.9% chance of getting the first or second pick and a 60.5% chance of getting one of the first three. The team with the worst record can do no worse than the fourth pick. Compare that probability to last year. In the 2009 draft, when the Nets had the league's 10th worst record, their chances of getting one of the top three picks were around 3%.

Pray to the bball gods!
Nets fan 93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The draft Lottery!

i know almost nothing about the college game, but i did get the idea that wall, turner and cousins are all studs.

not sure if there's a fourth guy who rates up there with those three, but with my simple-headed logic, it sounds like the nets are in great shape to get a game-changer, regardless.

...and there are more picks a' coming- a lot more.

truly, this is a franchise with a tremendous future in front of it...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i know almost nothing about the college game, but i did get the idea that wall, turner and cousins are all studs.

not sure if there's a fourth guy who rates up there with those three, but with my simple-headed logic, it sounds like the nets are in great shape to get a game-changer, regardless.

...and there are more picks a' coming- a lot more.

truly, this is a franchise with a tremendous future in front of it...
Derrick Favors looks promising to me.
Nets fan 93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Know this, getting John Wall will increase the chances of getting Lebron. A lot.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I have a friend that works out in the same gym that Cousins' works out in right now. Told me that Cousins is lazy, whines a lot, and uses poor form when lifting. Also said that he can't really lift all that much and does minimal pushups. Not sure if this means anything.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

doh.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Well I hope we do get Wall, or at least Turner or Cousins. Anyone else other than these three are crap...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
taibien86
I hit open layups

taibien86 has an OK reputation so far

wassup guys... haven't been on the forums in a minute.

here's my take on the draft. john wall is the guy we want. evan turner will make a bigger impact next season (older, more mature), but john wall is the guy we want for the future. i would cry if we pick cousins.

john wall shows the talent and the leadership ability that the best players in the game have had. remember its not just talent that makes the best, its that hunger for success and to do any and everything to win. john wall has potential to go down as one of the greats and you can't pass that up in a draft.

evan turner would be the clear cut #1 if it wasn't for wall. that how big the gap is between the 2nd and 3rd pick. evan turner is a small forward, yet he played point most of the season with ohio state. this guy can play 3 positions on the court right now and can close games. future all star.

i saw a ton of kentucky games this season and cousins ceiling is derrick coleman. now, im not tryna hate on dc, but cousins is a head case with a lot of raw talent. nba fame and money doesn't bode well for guys who don't have their head on straight. (example: beasley). i don't want drama on and off the court from our franchise guy, which is what he'll be considered for a season and a half maybe before he proves everyone wrong.

favors is talented but he doesn't have that "thing" that great players have. he was content with being #2 on georgia tech when he should have made sure he was the go to guy on that team. it's different if georgia tech would have been a top seed or something, but they were never really considered a threat in the tourney. it should have been favors' team and it wasn't. also, bc he didn't have the ball in his hands, we don't know if he is really good or its just hype... who knows? either way, i don't want the nets to pick him either. (but favors>cousins imo... i really really really don't want cousins)

if the nets end up with the 3rd or 4th pick (i'll be in mourning for a long time), the guy i'm hoping they pick up is wes johnson. i actually don't have my own opinion on wes bc i was so focused on the previously named players during the ncaa season/tourney. but all the stuff i read about him tells me he's a solid guy that i hope the nets pick if we don't get the top 2 picks.

so the way it works for me is if nets get the..

1st pick - john wall (perennial all star with on and off court leadership ability, also chance at signing lebron over the summer...they are buddies)
2nd pick - evan turner (sure fire nba player)
3rd or 4th pick - wes johnson (6'7" athletic small forward with 7' wingspan)
taibien86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #10
taibien86
I hit open layups

taibien86 has an OK reputation so far

officially 24 hours till lottery. everyone pray hard for that #1...
taibien86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #11
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

I know im having my draft party tonight at the crib: pizza, wings, and beer
ESPN @8PM

im really hoping that we get the #1 pick, i really am.
theres 4 guys: Wall, Turner, Favors, Cousins

I don't want cousins. Cousins seems like a nut job from all that im hearing.

Favors is a guy i wouldnt mind getting actually as a worse case scenario. He has the potential to be like A'mere Stoudimire but will need about 2 or 3 years to develop. Whoever gets favors and has the patience to develop him will be very lucky cause he's going to be very good. Question is for us nets fans, is do we have the patience to wait on him like that?

Turner is very polished. someone stated that he plays all 3 positions, etc. thats reminds me alot like Terrance Williams. Could turn out to be a TWILL clone in my opinion, and twill is a dude that is now starting to figure it out. We also have CLEE. Not to mention CDR...with TURNER, TWILL, CDR, and CLEE
thats alot of talent that plays the same positions basically.

Wall is the golden prize in my opinon. def need to get him

in this order it would be Wall, Turner, Favors
thats it. #4 i wouldnt pick Cousins
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #12
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

While Terrence and Evan are all around players, they are rather different. For one thing Evan is 2 years younger and already a much better scorer and more aggressive on the offensive end. Terrence seems to have better defensive prowless and much more athleticism. If one of them improves their shooting touch (most likely Evan, I don't see Terrence ever being more than a mid range shooter), then they could work as a pretty dynamic SG/SF combo.

However, the prize is Wall obviously. After him and Turner it becomes really scattered.

Favors is a guy who I think will be 10x better in the NBA than in college, Cousins I'm weary about but he would help out a lot on the boards and inside scoring. Wesley Johnson is athletic and can score, but at that point we're starting to dip on potential cause I don't see him more than being a Jason Richardson like player.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #13
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
Whoever gets favors and has the patience to develop him will be very lucky cause he's going to be very good. Question is for us nets fans, is do we have the patience to wait on him like that?
no way. this is a team of aging stars and we need to win the title NOW. another year or two and it will be too late!

oh, wait. i've been following so many kmart, kidd and RJ playoff games that i forgot who my home team was.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #14
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

lol
i dunno about u guys but im pretty friggin excited about tonight. im not going to analyze anymore at this point, im just going to wait and see what happens with the balls tonight and then assess after i know our position feel me.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #15
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
While Terrence and Evan are all around players, they are rather different. For one thing Evan is 2 years younger and already a much better scorer and more aggressive on the offensive end. Terrence seems to have better defensive prowless and much more athleticism. If one of them improves their shooting touch (most likely Evan, I don't see Terrence ever being more than a mid range shooter), then they could work as a pretty dynamic SG/SF combo.

then that would leave me with the question of what will happen to CDR and CLEE? if turner and williams actually do turn out be a killer sg/sf combo like that what do we do with cdr/clee? keep them as serviceable role players or try and trade them? but wait let me just see wat happens to night im getting ahead of my self im too exicted
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: