Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 04-27-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

King Lebron LBJ has decent reputationKing Lebron LBJ has decent reputation
Default 2010 2nd round preview: Cavaliers vs Celtics series

now the match-up is offical what are your thoughts on the series? key match-ups e.t.c
King Lebron LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
west
NBA lottery pick

west has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2nd round- Cavs Vs Celtics series talk

Celtics won't let the Cavs run over them like most of the Cavs fans predicted. If we play hard we may have a chance, you never know.
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Will the Boston Celtics win a game in the 2nd Round versus Cleveland??

I think we have a chance to win the series although I understand that the Cavs are heavy favourites. For the C's to actually win they are going to need the big 4 to continue their curent play. KG has been solid, Ray and Pierce have been nice and Rondo does what he does. That might of been enough against Mia but against Cle they will probably need a bit more production from the bench. It doesn't have to be conistent but if they can get 1 decent game out of Sheed, 1 solid game out of TA/Baby scattered throughout the series then they might actually have a shot.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
PleezeBelieve
Jay-A: Thats MR To You

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Will the Boston Celtics win a game in the 2nd Round versus Cleveland??

I think this Cavs team is alot better than you all realize. I think its a 65% its a sweep in favor of Cleveland. Cavs have too many weapons and I expect LeBron to lock Pierce down.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

i posted this on another thread

Quote:
I think we have a chance to win the series although I understand that the Cavs are heavy favourites. For the C's to actually win they are going to need the big 4 to continue their curent play. KG has been solid, Ray and Pierce have been nice and Rondo does what he does. That might of been enough against Mia but against Cle they will probably need a bit more production from the bench. It doesn't have to be conistent but if they can get 1 decent game out of Sheed, 1 solid game out of TA/Baby scattered throughout the series then they might actually have a shot.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #6
PleezeBelieve

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Boston struggles in 4th quarters, Cavs excel in them. That will be the difference in the four games.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #7
zORi
National High School Star

zORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this board

I say Cavs in 6.

The C's know what they're going up against, and I know they won't go out without a fight.
zORi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #8
burnsy87
Local High School Star

burnsy87 is considered somewhat coolburnsy87 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
How many???

I don't think they will

4-0

Wait...you pick the Bulls to get swept in 4...it nearly goes 6 (Back to the UC)...

So now that you BARELY take the Bulls in 5, you predict a sweep of the C's?

Sigh...i hope you die soon.
burnsy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:07 PM   #9
burnsy87
Local High School Star

burnsy87 is considered somewhat coolburnsy87 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
I think this Cavs team is alot better than you all realize. I think its a 65% its a sweep in favor of Cleveland. Cavs have too many weapons and I expect LeBron to lock Pierce down.

You are going from playing the Bulls, who's entire offense is Rose penetrate and shoot or Rose penetrate, kick, and miss a wide open jumper to Allen drain 3's in your face all game.

The Celtics have EXACTLY what the Bulls needed against the cavs; outside shooters.
burnsy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 PM   #10
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Would've predicted Cavs in 5 had this been a 1st round match-up. Boston just looked brutal to finish out the season. But they looked TERRIFIC against Miami. Solid defensively and efficient offensively. Cleveland was their usual self against Chicago - great on O, beyond average on D. I can't see them winning in Boston with their defense. This series will be all about homecourt. So Cavs in 7.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy87
Wait...you pick the Bulls to get swept in 4...it nearly goes 6 (Back to the UC)...

So now that you BARELY take the Bulls in 5, you predict a sweep of the C's?

Sigh...i hope you die soon.
Dude, this series was a bogus charge against call against LeBron from being a Swisker mop sweep
Old 04-27-2010, 11:10 PM   #12
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

I can't see the likes of Pierce, Garnett and Allen alllowing a sweep. Joke of a thread by a joke of a poster.
Cavs in 7.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:10 PM   #13
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

King Lebron LBJ has decent reputationKing Lebron LBJ has decent reputation

It will be a very tough series but to me Cavs will win in 5 or 6. Saying in 5 sounds bad but all games will be close.
King Lebron LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #14
EroticVanilla
Sexual Chocolate=GOAT

EroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this board

Celts in 4, maybe 5 if the refs help the Cavs. In fact if the Bobcats had been the 8th seeds instead of the 7th, we would have a Celtics - Bobcats semifinals

Lets see if PB overreacts. Realistically it will be a 6-7 game series, even though I'm a Celtics fan I can recognize that the Cavs are the favorites, but I think the Celts have a good chance of winning.

Last edited by EroticVanilla : 04-27-2010 at 11:13 PM.
EroticVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:12 PM   #15
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

The Celtics will steal a game in Cleveland and the Cavs won't be able to win in Boston. The Celtics in 6.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: