Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #31
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kobe Bryant on Game 7 in 2006 Phoenix Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch24
Phil Jackson SPECIFICALLY told him to stop shooting the ball dude. I actually heard one of the players in the lockeroom also said they needed to move the ball around more too...play "team ball" (the name of that player was never disclosed). I'm done trying to convince anyone here.

And I'm done trying to convey the point that there is a difference between making plays for others, and giving up the ball and doing nothing. You cannot seem to grasp this point. If Phil wanted others to get involved more, then there was certainly a better way then for Kobe to do nothing.

And you cannot seem to also grasp that Kobe is not Phil's lapdog. Kobe wants to do what he wants to do, and hasn't had problems defying Phil in the past.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #32
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Kobe is my favorite player but I don't buy a word of it.

Put simply, on what OTHER OCCASION has he done this? In what other blowout situations has he NOT tried to take over a game? I'm gonna give myself a margin of error and say maybe someone can name 2 examples, but probably no more than that...
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #33
catch24
phal5

catch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
And I'm done trying to convey the point that there is a difference between making plays for others, and giving up the ball and doing nothing. You cannot seem to grasp this point.

And you cannot seem to also grasp that Kobe is not Phil's lapdog. Kobe wants to do what he wants to do, and hasn't had problems defying Phil in the past.

Did I not say he could of been more aggressive? It wasn't just Phil Jackson, there was a player on that team that called him out too.
catch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #34
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

At least he showed up for a half. Cough.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #35
SYM86
I hit open layups

SYM86 has no real reputation yet.

all the lechoke fans just want to get back on kobe, at least kobe is still a laker, and lebron's heart is out of cleveland since 2009, can't wait till July 1st.
SYM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #36
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Kobe is my favorite player but I don't buy a word of it.

Put simply, on what OTHER OCCASION has he done this? In what other blowout situations has he NOT tried to take over a game? I'm gonna give myself a margin of error and say maybe someone can name 2 examples, but probably no more than that...

Oh, but you're just a "hater"

It's one thing to like a player. It's another thing to not be able to admit even obvious negative things.

People keep coming back to "Phil told him not to shoot". Anyone that's ever PLAYED basketball (or has a decent knowledge of it) knows that there are plenty of other things a player like Bryant can do besides jack up shots (Of course, even if you buy the Jackson told him not to shoot BS, how does a player with 40 point streaks and all the rest of it shoot ONE time in the second half of a GAME SEVEN?) Bryant just stood on the perimeter the entire second half. Go back and WATCH the game if you don't believe it.

It's nonsense, and even (smart and honest) Kobe fans will tell you that.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #37
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I expect the second half debacle will be mentioned in Phil Jackson's new book. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Phil and Kobe's relationship is fabricated.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #38
catch24
phal5

catch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I expect the second half debacle will be mentioned in Phil Jackson's new book. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Phil and Kobe's relationship is fabricated.

Seems like they're closer than they were in the 2000-2004 circa but I agree. Almost as if their coach/player relationship is forced.
catch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #39
rs98762001
Great young streetballer

rs98762001 has an OK reputation so far

Kobe without a doubt played suspiciously passive in the second half of Game 7. Anyone objective will say that.

However, anyone who thinks that's remotely similar to what Lebron just pulled clearly has an agenda. LBJ sulked through an entire series, and stunk up the joint in at least two full games. Bryant actually played incredibly in that entire series, all the way up to the 2nd half of Game 7. Considering at that point in the game he'd scored 23 points in a half, and it was enough to only get LA within 15 points, it's at least vaguely understandable - if not defensible - why he quit towards the end.

LeBron - supposedly the best player in the world - just played an entire series like that. A series that his team was the favorite in, and which he was expected to dominate in. The two situations are on balance not even comparable.
rs98762001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #40
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch24
Seems like they're closer than they were in the 2000-2004 circa but I agree. Almost as if their coach/player relationship is forced.

They have a cordial relationship, but they're in it together for their own selfish reasons.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #41
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs98762001
Kobe without a doubt played suspiciously passive in the second half of Game 7. Anyone objective will say that.

However, anyone who thinks that's remotely similar to what Lebron just pulled clearly has an agenda. LBJ sulked through an entire series, and stunk up the joint in at least two full games. Bryant actually played incredibly in that entire series, all the way up to the 2nd half of Game 7. Considering at that point in the game he'd scored 23 points in a half, and it was enough to only get LA within 15 points, it's at least vaguely understandable - if not defensible - why he quit towards the end.

LeBron - supposedly the best player in the world - just played an entire series like that. A series that his team was the favorite in, and which he was expected to dominate in. The two situations are on balance not even comparable.

Kobe could have kept shooting and scored 50 or 60 points in a loss, but then the anti-Kobe douche bags would say he shot his team out of the game. He loses either way.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #42
CeoTypeDoe619

Kobe's team gave up on him.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #43
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

4 rings.
He has my support no matter what.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #44
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
4 rings.
He has my support no matter what.

Unless he goes into the summer demanding trades, calling out teammates, etc.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #45
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
Notice how I put 2nd half.

READ

Notice how you said "Kobe game 6 phx = Lebron game 5 bos" idiot. LA showtime pretty much hit the nail on the head though with all of his posts in the thread.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: