Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Rugby star may sign with NFL

OK, I have no idea if this guy is really a "star" but that's how I saw him described. I know I'm not the only one annoyed by the media's loose definition of that word. Anyway;

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nf...-1225867234815

Quote:
GREG Inglis has received an invitation to trial with NFL clubs Buffalo and Denver as nine rugby league clubs target the Melbourne Storm champ.

As investigators continue their probe into Storm's $1.7 million salary cap breach, the Sunday Herald Sun can reveal the hunt for Inglis's signature has gone offshore.

Up to four American gridiron clubs want to trial the bustling Australian Test centre at three-day camps in September.

The guy's about 6'5/240, plays centre in rugby. I've read that position could sort of be interpreted as a fullback/h-back type NFL position, but 6'5 seems way too damn tall to play that. Maybe a TE or LB?

I just hope he makes it so we can see endless football vs rugby toughness debates.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 05-17-2010 at 03:11 PM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rugby star may sign with NFL

This guy is one of the best players in League.. I don't know why he is wants to play in thr NFL.. guessing it's money.

He would be a fool to play in the NFL.. hopefully the he doesn't do it.. damn league players are leaving just for money...
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
Kobe Jnr
Banned

Kobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKobe Jnr is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just letting you guys know, he players rugby league..not rugby union..

http://www.helium.com/items/605114-t...nd-rugby-union

Just letting you Americans know..
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He'll probably play LB or DE. I don't think he can play any offensive positions due to the fact he never played America football before. He's probably going to be a Brock Lesner 2.0
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

i dnt know jack shit about rugby but american football seems like its a lot more complicated. (i wont go right out and say that it is because i dont really know but im about 99% sure)

He going to have a hell of a lot to learn, in terms of gaps, blitz packages, different schemes, assignments. if you dnt know your assignments you will get ZERO run in football. he must have some prior knowledge of the game if NFL teams are looking at him..
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
i dnt know jack shit about rugby but american football seems like its a lot more complicated. (i wont go right out and say that it is because i dont really know but im about 99% sure)

He going to have a hell of a lot to learn, in terms of gaps, blitz packages, different schemes, assignments. if you dnt know your assignments you will get ZERO run in football. he must have some prior knowledge of the game if NFL teams are looking at him..
I don't know about the amount of gameplanning and everything in rugby, but it doesn't really matter, he still I assume knows nothing about actually playing football. It'd be like me trying to join the high school's soccer team. Physically I'm better than most, at least on par, but I don't know shit but put the ball in the net.

The guy's only 23 though, still a steep learning curve, but plenty of time to develop. Football isn't exactly rocket science.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I don't know about the amount of gameplanning and everything in rugby, but it doesn't really matter, he still I assume knows nothing about actually playing football. It'd be like me trying to join the high school's soccer team. Physically I'm better than most, at least on par, but I don't know shit but put the ball in the net.

The guy's only 23 though, still a steep learning curve, but plenty of time to develop. Football isn't exactly rocket science.

Actually the way the NFL plays it's actually very complicated. Like the other guy mentioned, blitz packages, route running, blocking schemes, audibles, etc.. Teams in the NFL spend countless hours on little things like checking out of plays, positional defense, etc. It's a huge learning curve. I know for a fact that this guy won't be able to play a offensive position and he'll have to play as a DE where you don't need to be the einstein of the team.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: