Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Draft Combine Measurements

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...t=&pos=&sort=2

Some things that caught my eye.

Larry Sanders: 6'9.25" w/o shoes 7' 5.75" wingspan

DeMarcus Cousin: 6'9.75" w/o shoes 7' 5.75" wingspan

Cole Aldrich: 6'9" w/o shoes 6'10.75" with shoes
Thought he would be a legit 6'10" without shoes. However, whatever shoes he wore added almost 2 inches.

Paul George: 6'8.75" with shoes. Some talk of him being able to play SG as well as SF, and at almost 6'9" he'll have great size.

Evan Turner: 6'7" in shoes 6'8" wingspan. I thought he would be much longer than that.

Xavier Henry: 6'6.5" in shoes 6'11.2.5" wingspan

John Scheyer: 6'4.75 w/o shoes 6'6" with shoes 6'3.25" wingspan

Marquis Blakely: 6'4.75" 7'1" wingspan

John Wall: 6'2.75" w/o shoes 6'9.25" wingspan

Eric Bledsoe: 6'0.25" w/o shoes 6'7.5" wingspan

No verts have been recorded yet.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
JaE_BLiZZy
NICE

JaE_BLiZZy has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Draft Combine Measurements

I didnt know jon scheyer was that tall, he looks short.
JaE_BLiZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
TheTruth11
Great young streetballer

TheTruth11 has an OK reputation so far

If I am not mistaken, wingspan incorporates shoulder width. While Evan Turner has very long arms (often described as having "the arm length of a condor"), he is narrow in shoulder width.
TheTruth11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ed Davis needs to get some new sneaks. Only ones out of those that surprised me are Aldrich and damn Blakely is a freak.

Deshawn Sims isn't even 6'7"?

Stanley Robinson was listed 6'9" and he's only 6'6.5 barefoot.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Patiently awaiting the vert results. And only one legit 7 footer, barely legit.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Ed Davis needs to get some new sneaks. Only ones out of those that surprised me are Aldrich and damn Blakely is a freak.

Deshawn Sims isn't even 6'7"?

Stanley Robinson was listed 6'9" and he's only 6'6.5 barefoot.

Ed Davis only measuring 0.75 inches taller in shoes is weird. Guess he had on some flip flops or something. When we did our official measurements my 1st and only year of college ball I was 6'3.75" barefoot but 6'5.5" in shoes. Most people get 1.5-2 inches added onto their height in shoes.

Stanley Robinson being 2+ inches shorter than his listed height kind of surprised me. As long as he is I figured he was at least a legit 6'8".

And the 6'4" height but 7'1" wingspan is sick.

And wasn't Sims listed at 6'8" at Michigan?

Seeing guys 1-2 inches shorter (barefoot) than their listed heights in college it doesn't really surprise me. But Cole Aldrich only being 6'9" w/o shoes is very surprising. I mean he's not even one of those guys you watch on TV and think he might not be nearly as tall as his listed height. You see him on TV and believe he's really 6'11" or 7'. Wonder what his shoes at Kansas had to do it.

Last edited by KG215 : 05-21-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

Meh. True 7 footers are pretty rare every year. Especially the last few years. Honestly, if a guy is 6'11.25" then I consider him a 7' footer. Even guys that are measured 6'10.75" w/o shoes are basically 7 footers but wingspan has a lot to do with it too.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:23 AM   #8
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
In the last 11 years (since they've been reporting directly from the combine), only 16 players have measured at 7' or taller without shoes. Of those 15 players, only four players have gotten legit playing time in the NBA (Loren Woods, Primoz Brezec, Aaron Gray, and Hasheem Thabeet). I think you'd be surprised if the measurements were always accurate, how many "known" 7 footers in NBA history weren't actually 7'.
steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:37 AM   #9
KG215
NBA Legend

True 7 footers are definitely a ararity.

Last edited by KG215 : 05-22-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:48 AM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
In the last 11 years (since they've been reporting directly from the combine), only 16 players have measured at 7' or taller without shoes. Of those 15 players, only four players have gotten legit playing time in the NBA (Loren Woods, Primoz Brezec, Aaron Gray, and Hasheem Thabeet). I think you'd be surprised if the measurements were always accurate, how many "known" 7 footers in NBA history weren't actually 7'.

Thank you for schooling me. Off the top of my head, what about Yao and Andrew Bynum?
Old 05-22-2010, 11:03 AM   #11
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Thank you for schooling me. Off the top of my head, what about Yao and Andrew Bynum?
Well, we know that Yao is and I'd suspect that Bynum is too, but neither of them showed up for the draft combine, so I guess we can't be sure about their measurements. Everything was taken from here:

Draft Express
steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oh and Demarcus weighed in at 292. Lol at 270.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #13
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
Well, we know that Yao is and I'd suspect that Bynum is too, but neither of them showed up for the draft combine, so I guess we can't be sure about their measurements. Everything was taken from here:

Draft Express

I'm not thinking correctly I guess. Very obvious answer. Again, thanks.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #14
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Oh and Demarcus weighed in at 292. Lol at 270.

There was some dude on here arguing that he wasn't even close to the 260 or 270 they had him listed at in college. He was the only one taking that asinine stance but he was convinced it was true. I don't know how you could look at Cousins and think he ways at least any less than 275 or 280.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:48 AM   #15
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Of the great centers, I think only Wilt, Kareem, Shaq and Robinson were/are legit 7 footers. And I think D Rob was only 7' even. The others, a legit 7'1"+.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: