Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #106
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ISH Mock Draft 2010

Was out all day, but with the 28th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, the Memphis Grizzlies select Kevin Seraphin from France.

Grizzlies already have three young bigs, one of whom is real solid in Marc Gasol, but Seraphin seems to be highly touted and could stay overseas for another year to further develop his game and give the Grizzlies a chance to really evaluate Thabeet & Haddadi.

Bledsoe-Mayo-George-Randolph-Gasol
Conley-Carroll-Young-Brewer-Haddadi-Thabeet-Seraphin + whatever happens with Rudy Gay.

I do find it funny that NBADraft.net changed the Grizzlies 25th pick from someone to Bledsoe from when I checked it to see who was left to now
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:58 AM   #107
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow, almost done with the first round :)

TBH, this fan-mock draft seems a great deal more logical than any site that I have seen.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #108
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat cool

dang i got picks 41,42 and 48
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:33 AM   #109
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer
dang i got picks 41,42 and 48

Build a dynasty!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #110
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

With their 3rd pick in the draft, the New Jersey Nets select Gani Lawal, PF Georgia Tech.

The Nets strengthen their frontcourt again with the addition of Derrick Favours teammate at Georgia Tech, Gani Lawal. Adding these two to play alongside Brook Lopez will hopefully give the Nets a true inside presence. Favours and Lawal should already have a bit of chemistry together which will only help build teamwork.

Strengths: Lawal is a relentless player in the post with great potential ... He is a big time athlete with combination of a great body, huge wingspan (7’0’’) and excellent motor ... Has great footwork for a big man and runs the floor extremely hard ... Offensively, his game is based on his strength under the basket with putbacks, rebounds and hook shoots (shows solid touch with his right hand) and he does a great job at holding down his position ... Good finisher around the rim. If he catches the ball in the post and decides to turn around for a jump-shot, he will most likely try to shoot it off the glass ... Likes to play a physical game and is very hard to stop if he caches the ball on the low-post ... Has ability to get his defenders in the air and draw fouls ... Lawal possesses soft hands and he is very explosive player off the ground when he catches the ball in the paint or going for a rebound ... Solid passer inside the post with good vision ... Defensively, Lawal does excellent job at holding down his position on the post and using his body ... He has great timing for blocking shoots and rebounding the ball (his long arms make him a good rebounder as well) ... It’s very difficult to shoot over Lawal due to his long arms, and if he doesn’t block shots he can alter them ... Hard working kid with great attitude and effort on the court ... Has the type of frame and body that should allow for significantly more weight ...

Weaknesses: Right now, Lawal is raw and very limited offensively and needs to work on his low post game (he needs a go-to move) ... Has troubles putting the ball on the floor and making moves (commits a high number of travels) ... Lawal must work on his outside shot as well as free-throws (.541 FT %) ... His shot doesn’t have good mechanics and he doesn’t feel comfortable shooting the ball ... It will be interesting to see if he improves his outside game and learns how to beat his defenders off the dribble (it would make him very difficult player to guard at the next level). Lacks experience ... Will commit some cheap fouls and get into unnecessary foul trouble
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #111
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

Thunder select Willie Warren SG, Oklahoma

Thunder take warren to gain some guard depth. Warren had a disappointing sophmore season but the guy is a great scorer. His defense is a bit lacking but I think coach Brooks could fix that.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #112
sak
I hit open layups

sak has an OK reputation so far

gimme time. was hopin on warner or bledsoe slippin. need to re evaluate. lol
sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #113
sak
I hit open layups

sak has an OK reputation so far

with the 33rd pick in the 2010 draft. The Sacramento kings select Greivis vasques.

The i think The Sac GM will try and mov thins pick. The kings need help at the gurd spot and bigs. with cousins already drafted we look to the guards.

Evens is playing the point and the team seems content that way. so you would think we need a 2guard.

I would have liked willie warner or at this spot but greivis has some very good court vision and a good 3 point shoot. those things are what u really want aroung a very good combo guard like Evens. some one that can spot shoot if evens is dominanting the ball with dribble drives and kicks. or stand back and help control the game with good passing and decision making. He could be a solid point in the nba.

will he ever be dominant probably not. but does he has the posibility of filling a role in the guard spot off the bench. definantly.

givin the kings very good salery cap position. we can pick up a vet that can play solid in this role if Greivis doesnt pan out. but if you can pick up a good back up like greivis in the second round. gooood stuff.
sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:38 AM   #114
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

I'm sorry for the delay in forcing picks out, for users who are past their draft window. Most everyone has been very good about this, almost ahead of the pack.

I had 2 picks, switched out of order, and that may have cause confusion. Thats why I'm giving someone a fresh clock.

The 2nd round has been pretty interesting so far. I bid everyone good luck to finding players that can contribute, in this weaker than normal draft.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #115
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I like the James Anderson to Chicago pick. Think it works well for both parties.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #116
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

My bad i was on a trip and did not have access to the internet....did you skip my pick?
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #117
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
My bad i was on a trip and did not have access to the internet....did you skip my pick?

Brujesino is up. he has a few hours left, then its your pick.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:53 AM   #118
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

With the 34th pick the warriors select

Gani Lawal

Gets his points off putbacks and some post game(hook shots) something we need since biedrins doesnt have a post game

Also a very good rebounder,shot blocker and man DEFENDER.

With my 2 picks for the warriors i have selected a SF and PF who can play uptempo dont need much offense to impact the team right now, we will get 2 players that can come in play defense and run the floor
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #119
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
With their 3rd pick in the draft, the New Jersey Nets select Gani Lawal, PF Georgia Tech.

The Nets strengthen their frontcourt again with the addition of Derrick Favours teammate at Georgia Tech, Gani Lawal. Adding these two to play alongside Brook Lopez will hopefully give the Nets a true inside presence. Favours and Lawal should already have a bit of chemistry together which will only help build teamwork.

Strengths: Lawal is a relentless player in the post with great potential ... He is a big time athlete with combination of a great body, huge wingspan (7’0’’) and excellent motor ... Has great footwork for a big man and runs the floor extremely hard ... Offensively, his game is based on his strength under the basket with putbacks, rebounds and hook shoots (shows solid touch with his right hand) and he does a great job at holding down his position ... Good finisher around the rim. If he catches the ball in the post and decides to turn around for a jump-shot, he will most likely try to shoot it off the glass ... Likes to play a physical game and is very hard to stop if he caches the ball on the low-post ... Has ability to get his defenders in the air and draw fouls ... Lawal possesses soft hands and he is very explosive player off the ground when he catches the ball in the paint or going for a rebound ... Solid passer inside the post with good vision ... Defensively, Lawal does excellent job at holding down his position on the post and using his body ... He has great timing for blocking shoots and rebounding the ball (his long arms make him a good rebounder as well) ... It’s very difficult to shoot over Lawal due to his long arms, and if he doesn’t block shots he can alter them ... Hard working kid with great attitude and effort on the court ... Has the type of frame and body that should allow for significantly more weight ...

Weaknesses: Right now, Lawal is raw and very limited offensively and needs to work on his low post game (he needs a go-to move) ... Has troubles putting the ball on the floor and making moves (commits a high number of travels) ... Lawal must work on his outside shot as well as free-throws (.541 FT %) ... His shot doesn’t have good mechanics and he doesn’t feel comfortable shooting the ball ... It will be interesting to see if he improves his outside game and learns how to beat his defenders off the dribble (it would make him very difficult player to guard at the next level). Lacks experience ... Will commit some cheap fouls and get into unnecessary foul trouble
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
With the 34th pick the warriors select

Gani Lawal

Gets his points off putbacks and some post game(hook shots) something we need since biedrins doesnt have a post game

Also a very good rebounder,shot blocker and man DEFENDER.

With my 2 picks for the warriors i have selected a SF and PF who can play uptempo dont need much offense to impact the team right now, we will get 2 players that can come in play defense and run the floor

Same palyer cannot be selected by two teams
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #120
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

anyone want to update the draft in its entirety for me?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: