Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #31
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

No One Runs Through a Hole Like Brandon Jacobs.

To Top it off look at the stats man
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:22 PM   #32
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Okay. That's really not as good as what McFadden is doing right now in the SEC.

Brandon Jacobs couldn't hang in the SEC. Remember?

he never got the chance playing behind cadillac but they will regret that when tiki retires and jacobs blows up
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:22 PM   #33
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,964
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
No One Runs Through a Hole Like Brandon Jacobs.

To Top it off look at the stats man
Yeah, but that's all he can do.

D-Dog can run through a hole, around it to either side, jump over it, etc.

Complete package RB. Along the lines of Larry Johnson. Anyone who has ever seen the two play can see that.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:23 PM   #34
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,964
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
he never got the chance playing behind cadillac but they will regret that when tiki retires and jacobs blows up
This is seriously the weakest argument I've seen someone make in a long time.

You can't actually believe this, can you?

Darren will be a top 5 pick, bro. Give it up.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #35
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Yeah, but that's all he can do.

D-Dog can run through a hole, around it to either side, jump over it, etc.

Complete package RB. Along the lines of Larry Johnson. Anyone who has ever seen the two play can see that.

Your comparing your college running back to an NFL beast, until he proves me something in the nfl this comparison should be over.


BTW: look at his senior year stats in highschool

As a senior, rushed for 3,022 yards and 38 touchdowns, averaging 8.6 yards per carry...Also returned eight kicks for touchdowns...

38 touchdowns..
Returned 8 kicks for TDs..
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #36
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,964
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Brandon Jacobs has 4 TDs this year, BTW. Not 5 or 6.

Wow.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #37
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
This is seriously the weakest argument I've seen someone make in a long time.

You can't actually believe this, can you?

Darren will be a top 5 pick, bro. Give it up.

Brandon Jacobs will have a better career then Darren, i don't even know why your comparing the 2, you havent even seen darren play an nfl game and your saying he's better then brandon jacobs


BTW: wow i was off by 1 TD ?

and brandon jacobs runs a 4.4 in the forty now faster then a 4.5 i remember looking in the giant forum and them talking about it
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #38
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,964
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Your comparing your college running back to an NFL beast, until he proves me something in the nfl this comparison should be over.
No, actually you did. You started it by saying "he's no Brandon Jacobs". Why do that? You started it.

Quote:
BTW: look at his senior year stats in highschool

As a senior, rushed for 3,022 yards and 38 touchdowns, averaging 8.6 yards per carry...Also returned eight kicks for touchdowns...

38 touchdowns..
Returned 8 kicks for TDs..
Wow.

High school. Yeah..........
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #39
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,964
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Brandon Jacobs will have a better career then Darren, i don't even know why your comparing the 2, you havent even seen darren play an nfl game and your saying he's better then brandon jacobs
Exactly. You haven't seen Darren McFadden play in NFL game and you're saying he's not as good as Brandon Jacobs yet everything Darren has done in college is better.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:29 PM   #40
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Did Darren score 38 TD's in a year of high school on his senior year

Remember this arguement when darren enters the league next year and jacobs is already taking over it
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #41
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,964
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Did Darren score 38 TD's in a year of high school on his senior year

Remember this arguement when darren enters the league next year and jacobs is already taking over it
Yeah, I'll remember the argument of what they did IN HIGH SCHOOL.

Dumbass.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #42
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Yeah, I'll remember the argument of what they did IN HIGH SCHOOL.

Dumbass.

Dumbass, how about us remembering what jacobs is doing and what darren is doing.

Jacobs will have a better nfl career then darren
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:33 PM   #43
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

The Real Deal

HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #44
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,964
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Dumbass, how about us remembering what jacobs is doing and what darren is doing.

Jacobs will have a better nfl career then darren
How can you call me a dumbass?

You're the one bringing Brandon Jacobs' name up and then asking me why I'm comparing the two. You're the one saying Jacobs' ran a 4.3 when he runs a 4.52. You're the one hyping up a BACKUP and saying he's scored 5 or 6 TDs this year when he's only scored 4. You're the one who keeps bringing up high school stats.

Explain to me why you think Darren McFadden won't be as good as Brandon Jacobs. What has given you that impression despite the fact that Darren McFadden has absolutely torn up the toughest conference in college football? Enlighten me.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #45
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP
 
RobertSwift31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 649
RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Brandon Jacobs is a beast, but he is not near his potentian in the NFL. He needs to run lower, and he needs some type of juke move. He is so big and strong he can still truck dudes by running into them straight up, but he gets tackled by his legs alot and if he is lower with his pads he can bounce off of those tackles too. But i think McFadden is the more talented back, and the better pure runner. Just watching him accelerate out of tackles is something even Reggie Bush couldn't do as well as him.
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy