Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Default Backbreaker Thread

I know this is the football forum, but I figured it'd get more recognition here amongst the football fans.

The demo is out for 360 fans from what I've seen. Go to YouTube and type it in and there's been a crapload of highlight vids from demos being uploaded over the past 24 hours.

PS3 demo comes out early next week and i'll be DLing it.

Anyone played the demo yet?

When I first started reading up on it and stuff, i was hyped about it, but then I kinda got off of it b/c it looks like a more detailed version of Blitz. But it does look awesome. The details is amazing and the animation/gameplay looks more realistic than ever.

Also, the customization is unmatched. you can create your own logos instead of only being able to choose from about 25 logos like you do with Madden. You can create everything. AND, they've allowed roster sharing, and you know there will be some people who make NFL teams/rosters, so even though this game doesn't have a NFL license, you'll still be able to DL the teams/players/etc once the game comes out and people create them.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Backbreaker Thread

10 min gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YblpIqyiBq4
Old 05-29-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Gamestop already has it on sale a few days prior to the release. Its $50. I bought it.

I just played my first game and I had -14 yards passing & 235 yard rushing. Th computer had -28 yard rushing and 98 yard passing. I won 21-15. FG kicking is hard. I only made 1 XP. And the computer rmissed their XP but made a 51 yard FG.

I'm not so sure if I like it like I thought I was. The passing seems almost impossible to get a handle on. Blitzing the opponent is way too easy. The replays are annoying b/c it only shows the hand off, then the tackle/score. Nothing in between, and there is only the one camera angle.

My favorite part of it is playing special teams on kickoffs. But trying to catch a punt/kick is nearly impossible (right now). I "fumbled" 3 times on punts. I love kicking off though and running down field to tackle the returner.

On offense, you only choose "pass" "run" "special teams" and "ask coach" and when you choose a pass or run play, it only brings up 4 random plays. Same with defense. It's "coverage" "blitz" and "special teams" and it only brings up a couple of options under each play type. Kind of disappointing.

The customization is awesome though. I made my own team. Clearwater Manta Rays. It's a pretty in-depth customization. You really do create every aspect of the uniform and logo.

After only about a hour and a half of playing time, I'd say it's not great, or not even good. It has promise, but it's a bit rough. At the moment, I kinda wish I wouldve just waited for the PS3 demo to come out, but I've been waiting forever for it, and we got a bonus on our paycheck last week so I figured I could give a new football game a try. It'll probably just take some practice
Old 06-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

After a couple weeks of playing, I'm really starting to like this game. The gameplay isn't as awful as it first seemed, I just sucked at it at first b/c its soooo different than Madden. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty entertaining. And the customization is amazing and you can get find yourself spending 2 hours making a logo.

I can't believe no one else here has said anything about this game.

I really wish EA and the makers of Backbreaker would team up, throw in both games' positives so we could have the perfect football game finally. Won't happen, but it'd be awesome.

Anyone else got it?
Old 06-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Won't bother buying it. It'd be collecting dust in 2 months when Madden comes out.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #6
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

it is not a real football sim even without the actual players...

I will say this, I do wish that there was someone else around to give Madden some compitition...

if Madden 11 sucks, we are left with nothing because they own the rights to the NFL...

the whole reason they did that was because the ESPN football game was giving Madden a run for it's money...people were making the switch that year...

if they were still around right now, EA would put alot more money and effort into the Madden franchise...

well it would still be less money than buying the rights to the NFL, but you know what I mean...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: