Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 06-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
jernejtera
I brick open layups

jernejtera has no real reputation yet.
Default the most appropriate shoes for pg?

i'm looking for new shoes. i'm a point guard and i rely on my quickness and my speed. i went to the store and tried new kobes. don't know if i'm for low kicks. then i tried ts commander adidas and i was impressed with the feeling in the shoes. they were awesome. i have a question. with ts commander your foot is a little higher from the ground. i don't have that feeling with the ground and it feels like standing higher and i'm wondering if it shows in your quickness and speed. i know that d-rose is wearing this shoes but on the other hand dwight has it too. are the zoom kobe v better option or should i go with reebok mad speed III. plese share your thoughts and help me.

Last edited by jernejtera : 06-02-2010 at 05:56 PM.
jernejtera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
rudy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rudy has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: the most appropriate shoes for pg?

d-rose wears ts cut creators. and yes, they are a good choice for a pg.
rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
jernejtera
I brick open layups

oh tnx for info. that dude that was selling shoes told me wrong. so which shoes are a good choice? ts commander or those that rose has. i'm from slovenia and we have a limited choice of shoes:) i can't get those that rose has in slovenia.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #4
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far

I use the Kobe's and I can feel everything on the floor. I also don't have any ankle problems besides the usual like being stepped on.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Point Blank
Superbowl or Bust!

Point Blank has decent reputation

The newest Lebrons work for me.
Point Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:47 AM   #6
jernejtera
I brick open layups

they're nice, but to heavy for me
Old 06-07-2010, 02:21 AM   #7
Hibachi!
bosh gave me my jacket

Hibachi! is considered somewhat coolHibachi! is considered somewhat coolHibachi! is considered somewhat cool

I have the rose's and the kobe 4s. The roses are really good i like them alot, they feel a lot more stable than the kobes. I would recommend them but if you can't get them, go for the kobe 4s. just wear an ankle brace or tape your ankles, i sprained mine 3 times in my kobes
Hibachi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #8
jernejtera
I brick open layups

got zoom kobe V and i love then! thanks guys
Old 06-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #9
rudy

rudy has an OK reputation so far

congrats ! i'm looking into cut creators or hyperize. what do like the most on kobe V's ?
rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #10
LA KB24
LAL|LAC

LA KB24 has an OK reputation so far

I have the Kobe IV's and they are legit for PG/SG. I have never rolled my ankle in them, and I'm not real worried because if you're in the position to roll your ankle, it doesn't matter if you're in highs or lows.
LA KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:12 PM   #11
Grizz
I airball my layups

Grizz has an OK reputation so far

Nike Hypertize are good shoes to wear for guards. Best basketball shoes out there right now IMO.
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #12
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jernejtera
i'm looking for new shoes. i'm a point guard and i rely on my quickness and my speed. i went to the store and tried new kobes. don't know if i'm for low kicks. then i tried ts commander adidas and i was impressed with the feeling in the shoes. they were awesome. i have a question. with ts commander your foot is a little higher from the ground. i don't have that feeling with the ground and it feels like standing higher and i'm wondering if it shows in your quickness and speed. i know that d-rose is wearing this shoes but on the other hand dwight has it too. are the zoom kobe v better option or should i go with reebok mad speed III. plese share your thoughts and help me.

Cp3's
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #13
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8
Cp3's
If you never want to feel your feet again, then get these.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:31 AM   #14
zSolo

zSolo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
If you never want to feel your feet again, then get these.
In a good way or a bad way?
zSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #15
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

DarkSephiroth has an OK reputation so far

XD

Here's a review I wrote in 2005:

http://www.epinions.com/review/Nike_...t_184223174276

But, obviously the Nike Air Jet Flight, which in my opinion was the best shoe Nike ever created for a point guard, is impossible to find nowadays.

After this shoe, Nike continued to create that line of shoes for point guards. The Nike Air Jet Flights were "upgraded" to the Nike Air Zoom Drive, and eventually to the Nike Zoom BB II Low, then to the Nike Zoom MVP (The latest great Point Guard Shoe in my opinion). I currently alternate between the BB II Lows and the Zoom MVP. With this line of shoes, Nike seems to release them for a few short months, and then cut it off and make it impossible to ever find these shoes again. This line of shoes is relatively rare and hard to find, but in my opinion the search is worth the reward.

The newer shoes Nike has made for guards, the Nike Cradle Rock Low and the HyperDunk Lows, I am not a fan of. The cradle Rock lows don't even really feel like basketball shoes, and the HyperDunk lows had some issues I wasn't happy with. The Lunar Foam on the Hyperdunks feels ghetto, the traction isn't great, and when I play in it, I almost feel like Nike was trying to cut costs to keep the shoe at a cheap price. To me, something just does not feel right with the Hyperdunk lows. I gave them a good chance, played in them many times, but they just did not pass the test. The Kobes are probably the best shoe Nike has right now for guards. You could be like everyone else and get the Kobes.. but for people like me who are more specialized in their preferences...

I would recommend you scour Ebay for the Zoom MVP's in your size, or the BB II Lows. Those are the two most readily available (Still hard to find) specialized shoes for points guards. Both are low to the ground and have great court feel and responsiveness for the quick movements and changes of direction you have to make at that position.

Good luck!

PS: Not that it matters, but here's how they look, by the way:

BB II Low:

Zoom MVP:

Last edited by DarkSephiroth : 07-12-2010 at 02:26 AM.
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: