Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 05-23-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool
Default rockets by position

after reading the thread from the main forum i wonder where you guys stand on this.

where does kevin martin rank amongst other sgs?

while we are at it

same with yao?

same with scola?

same with brooks?

i would put yao as number 2 center in the league behind howard. i think howard is a more dominating force on defense than yao is on offense..... this gives him the edge for me.

i will go through the rest later, but a brief explanation of why you think this would be cool.
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:29 AM   #2
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Re: rockets by position

well i usually dont like ranking players especially in order but ima have to to figure this one out...lets see

after going through all the SG in the league...

1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. Brandon Roy

i think those are imo the undisputed top 3, then Kevin Martin falls somewhere in the top 10 amongts these other guards.

(in no particular order)

Joe Johnson
Vince Carter
Kevin Martin
Stephen Jackson
OJ Mayo
Monta Ellis
Manu Ginobili
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:45 AM   #3
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Yao Ming - 2nd best center behind Dwight Howard (hard to put DH as the #1 center in the league after that 7,7 game 3 performance but its the truth)

PF

what makes the PF position so tough to rank is the fact that it is such a versatile position ranging from the post PF that could slide to the C and the wing capable PF that could slide to the SF and the fact that there are SF such as Rashard Lewis that plays PF for Orlando. but here i tried.

Pau Gasol
Bosh
Amare Stoudemire
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan
KG
Carlos Boozer
Antwan Jamison
LaMarcus Aldrige
David West
Zach Randolph
Rashard Lewis
Josh Smith
Luis Scola
Carl Landry
Kenyon Martin
Al Harrington
Troy Murphy

I hope im not missing anybody but i would ranks scola somewhere in the top 15 PF in the league. its a little tough to rank him. houston fans know how skilled scola is but to the rest of the nba fans they might just view him as a more skilled anderson verajao...

PG
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Steve Nash
Derrick Rose
Chauncey Billups
Russell Westbrook
Tony Parker
Baron Davis
Aaron Brooks
Jason Kidd
Devin Harris
Mo Williams
Tyreke Evans
Stephen Curry
Brandon Jennings
Jameer Nelson

I think Aaron Brooks falls somewhere between the top 10-12 point guards in the league. point guards again are a little hard to rank. what do you consider is better the pass first point guard, theres also the scoring point guards, the combo guards, and all around point guards... but i would think brooks 3 point shooting and scoring ability puts him in the top 1/3 of the league.

* notice i dont have Arenas in either PG or SG categories. explanation.... ehh?
Old 05-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
YouGotServed
Russia 2018

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Scola is definitely the hardest one to rank, because there are so many good PFs in the league, with different type of games.

Brooks is Top 10 material in my book, Scola top 15, Yao Ming at 2nd place behind Howard. Is sad injuries have kept Yao from being the best C in the league, I just hope he comes back. I pretty much agree with Jordandunk's list except I have Brooks ahead of Westbrook.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
mattevans11

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

thanks guys i agree with most that was said here.

i just cant wait to see martin play with yao next year.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

I'm a Rockets fan by heart, but Brooks is not a top 10 PG.

PG
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Steve Nash
Derrick Rose
Chauncey Billups
Russell Westbrook
Tony Parker
Baron Davis
Jason Kidd
Devin Harris
Mo Williams
Tyreke Evans
Stephen Curry
Brandon Jennings
Jameer Nelson

All of those guys could be taken before Brooks.

Kevin martin, I said it before he came here, was very overrated, I never liked his game (for a franchise player that is ...) He failed as a number one in Sacto. He is a perfect third option on a team.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:07 AM   #7
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jason Kidd... ehh? he still has a high IQ and knows how to distribute the ball. he is still a solid all around point guard but he has aged and it shows, specially in the playoffs.

Mo Williams - I don't see how he is better than brooks. as a point guard they have similar assist numbers. and scoring, they are both deadly from beyond the arch. mo has a more polished mid range game but brooks quickness and ability to drive to the hole is unmatched.

Jameer Nelson - I don't see what advantage he has over Brooks?

Brandon Jennings - im a brandon jennings fan. i think he can be a superstar in this league. but i wouldn't say he is currently better than AB.

Devin Harris - his first full season with new jersey in 08-09 was very impressive. but this season, i would put brooks ahead of him, AB had the better season imo.

Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry - this one i am kinda iffy. i could see why evans and curry would be ahead of brooks.

i guess we just see Aaron brooks in a different light and as a poster of course everybody is biased to some degree but i think im one of the more level headed ones lol.

I agree with Kevin martin, he isn't really a franchise player, but the SG position is supposed to be plentiful but how many of those guys would you really rely on as a franchise guy? Joe Johnson surely isn't, neither stephen jackson etc... I agree he is overrated if you view him as a franchise player but i still think he is a top 10 shooting guard in the league if not close to it.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
mattevans11

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I'm a Rockets fan by heart, but Brooks is not a top 10 PG.

PG
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Steve Nash
Derrick Rose
Chauncey Billups
Russell Westbrook
Tony Parker
Baron Davis
Jason Kidd
Devin Harris
Mo Williams
Tyreke Evans
Stephen Curry
Brandon Jennings
Jameer Nelson

All of those guys could be taken before Brooks.

Kevin martin, I said it before he came here, was very overrated, I never liked his game (for a franchise player that is ...) He failed as a number one in Sacto. He is a perfect third option on a team.

i thought the same thing while he was in sactrramento, but it was refreshing to see that he really has skills that i did not know before he got to houston.

i had NO IDEA he was a slasher. the way he gets to the line is very good..... this will be nice.

i htink he will be viewed as the second option on this team.... and relish in the role playing with yao
Old 05-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
YouGotServed
Russia 2018

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mo Williams better than Brooks? lol...

I knew Kevin Martin wasn't a legit 1st option, he just doesn't have it. He is however, a perfect 3rd option, maybe 2nd. We'll just have to wait and see how he plays along side Yao Ming.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
i thought the same thing while he was in sactrramento, but it was refreshing to see that he really has skills that i did not know before he got to houston.

i had NO IDEA he was a slasher. the way he gets to the line is very good..... this will be nice.

i htink he will be viewed as the second option on this team.... and relish in the role playing with yao
Martin always was one of the top ft attempts in the league.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #11
mattevans11

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Martin always was one of the top ft attempts in the league.

shows me how wrong my thinking was of him........ i really had no idea of that aspect of his game untill he came to houston!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: