Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 05-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #16
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Default Re: '10-'11 Top 25

Considering you ranked them No. 7, I'd hope you would disagree with bballer's assessment of them just like I do. I certainly think such a season is entirely possible for the Heels, for the exact reasons you mentioned. But he didn't say it was possible, he pretty much said it's the best they'll do.

Henson was underwhelming last year but he was also used incorrectly at small forward at the beginning of the year. He was much more impressive after Ed Davis got hurt and he was playing exclusively at the 4.

(As an aside, if you're going to continue using words people never use to try and show us how smart you are, at least use them right. That's not what "adhibit" means. At least you're using "buttress" correctly, though you have an unhealthy attachment to that word considering how often you use it in comparison to how often that word is ever used by anyone.)
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #17
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I'm assuming he meant inhibit. And 22 wins definitely isn't the best case scenarios for the Heels.
Jailblazers7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:47 PM   #18
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Well, normally I'd assume the same thing, but "adhibit" is actually a word, and one that no one ever uses. And he loves using those.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #19
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I'll do a top 25 of my own within the next couple of days also. I think it would be cool if we could do a composite top 25 from some of the posters here.
Jailblazers7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #20
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Yep. Like I said, I'd love to get as many people as possible to do it. In fact, I'll create a thread for it once I finish my own.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #21
AxionJaxion
Semper Primus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Considering you ranked them No. 7, I'd hope you would disagree with bballer's assessment of them just like I do. I certainly think such a season is entirely possible for the Heels, for the exact reasons you mentioned. But he didn't say it was possible, he pretty much said it's the best they'll do.

Henson was underwhelming last year but he was also used incorrectly at small forward at the beginning of the year. He was much more impressive after Ed Davis got hurt and he was playing exclusively at the 4.

(As an aside, if you're going to continue using words people never use to try and show us how smart you are, at least use them right. That's not what "adhibit" means. At least you're using "buttress" correctly, though you have an unhealthy attachment to that word considering how often you use it in comparison to how often that word is ever used by anyone.)
Bold is gratuitous. I won't tergiversate: it was an egregious error. Won't happen again.

And, yes, I have the Heels at 7. They could go either way, but I'm giving their talent the benefit of the doubt.
AxionJaxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #22
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

That was one of the funniest things I've ever read here.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: