Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #556
Jayle
I hit open 5-footers
 
Jayle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston area
Posts: 258
Jayle has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
Uno Uno.

Tommy Heinsohn put the kibbash on that one real quick.

Oh yeah, now I remember that. Yeah, pretty stupid.
Jayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #557
NoLayupsRule2
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

Doing something different in a playoff series only works for one game......Therefor, the Celtics should have a counter for those double-screens the Magic kept feasting on the Celtics..
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #558
Derka
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
Those last 2 threes were good looks, i dont care if your 0-10 3pt for the game you HAVE to take those shots. IF he didnt you'd waste time looking for a better look for someone else. Ray cant take over a game unless they set him up and you cant do that every time down the floor.

Set him up? He got a three with a defender right in his eye and got another one on a defensive lapse. The Magic defense wasn't even a defense on those two shots...they were scrambling. Ray had already put two down. That's poor situational recognition by Paul. Had he managed to put one of those three's down, I'd have been immensely surprised and STILL would think the ball was in the wrong set of hands for that moment.

Look, if its a two-point game and Paul Pierce gets the ball at the high posts, is sweet spot, he can take that shot at the end of every game and if he misses, I don't mind because he normally makes that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:06 AM   #559
Bernie Nips
Local High School Star
 
Bernie Nips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,158
Bernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this board
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

We wouldn't have been anywhere near winning the game without Pierce, but it doesn't mean he didn't lose it for us.

End of regulation, he jacked up a contested fadeaway that looked nowhere near going in halfway through the shotclock.

And then of course he jacked up that contested 3 for no reason, was lucky enough to get the ball back and missed a wide open 3. No excuses, Ray Ray was hitting much tougher shots.

KG also deserves a hint of blame throwing that ball away.

But the Celtics as a whole started off that overtime ridiculously lazy on the offence. Like we weren't even trying to get a good shot happening.
Bernie Nips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #560
KenneBell
What set you claim?
 
KenneBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the green like a crouton.
Posts: 5,755
KenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

Still can't believe Vince only scored 3 points.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #561
action812
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24
action812 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Nips

But the Celtics as a whole started off that overtime ridiculously lazy on the offence. Like we weren't even trying to get a good shot happening.

Their age is finally catching up with them
action812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #562
AK47DR91
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

BTW, it was a tough loss and all for Boston but you have to credit the Celtics for even taking it to OT. It was Orlando's game to lose, they pretty much dominated from start to late 4th quarter when they had a 7-point lead with about 3-4 minutes left.

And even with Nelson's two 3's in OT, Boston fought back but Dwight had two clutch offensive bounds and put-ins to seal the deal.

Boston have been playing great on the road in the playoff thus far and hopefully they can continue that in Orlando.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #563
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!
 
Celts34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Streets of Rage
Posts: 747
Celts34 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
Set him up? He got a three with a defender right in his eye and got another one on a defensive lapse. The Magic defense wasn't even a defense on those two shots...they were scrambling. Ray had already put two down. That's poor situational recognition by Paul. Had he managed to put one of those three's down, I'd have been immensely surprised and STILL would think the ball was in the wrong set of hands for that moment.

Look, if its a two-point game and Paul Pierce gets the ball at the high posts, is sweet spot, he can take that shot at the end of every game and if he misses, I don't mind because he normally makes that.


Derka your hearts in the right place, but your argument is incorrect. If your question is whether or not he should have taken those threes, then have at it. But to say he should have passed it to ray is wrong. Because on both of those threes Ray was actually covered. He was wrestling with Reddick(i think, coulda been VC) under the basket on the 1st shot. On the 2nd three, Ray was over in the corner, with his man sitting in his lap. They were open shots that he should have taken, because PP shooting threes when he can set his feet is good, off the dribble not so much
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:13 AM   #564
Derka
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celts34
Derka your hearts in the right place, but your argument is incorrect. If your question is whether or not he should have taken those threes, then have at it. But to say he should have passed it to ray is wrong. Because on both of those threes Ray was actually covered. He was wrestling with Reddick(i think, coulda been VC) under the basket on the 1st shot. On the 2nd three, Ray was over in the corner, with his man sitting in his lap. They were open shots that he should have taken, because PP shooting threes when he can set his feet is good, off the dribble not so much

My emotions are cooling off now. Point conceded.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:14 AM   #565
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter
 
Indian guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,476
Indian guy has decent reputation
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

btw, JVG is becoming unbearable when calling his brother's games. He's rooting so badly for Orlando that he ******* non-stop over the tiniest things they don't do right. Every basket Boston makes is due to a mistake made by Orlando's D, and every missed shot by Orlando is due to "bad shot selection". He's just like a fan out there - bitching when things don't go the way he wants them to. He reached the height of being unprofessional in Game 3 when he began taking his frustration over the blowout out on VC. Basically threw him under the bus when the entire team didn't show up.

I LIKE JVG and consider him a damn good color commentator, but he's simply way too emotionally involved in this series to call a good game.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #566
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!
 
Celts34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Streets of Rage
Posts: 747
Celts34 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
My emotions are cooling off now. Point conceded.

It was an emotional loss, because as badly as they played, they could have and easily should have won. For crying outloud the game was won on a banked 3pter. PP' gonna live with that botched play at the end of the game for 2 days. Its gonna be nuts in Orlando, thanks to Paul Pierce. Next year came really fast.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:19 AM   #567
brooks_thompson
Good college starter
 
brooks_thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,169
brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
btw, JVG is becoming unbearable when calling his brother's games. He's rooting so badly for Orlando that he ******* non-stop over the tiniest things they don't do right. Every basket Boston makes is due to a mistake made by Orlando's D, and every missed shot by Orlando is due to "bad shot selection". He's just like a fan out there - bitching when things don't go the way he wants them to. He reached the height of being unprofessional in Game 3 when he began taking his frustration over the blowout out on VC. Basically threw him under the bus when the entire team didn't show up.

I LIKE JVG and consider him a damn good color commentator, but he's simply way too emotionally involved in this series to call a good game.

well to be fair he did offer his spot up to another announcer for the finals last year, out of his own fear he might do just this. abc told him to forget about it and broadcast.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #568
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!
 
Celts34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Streets of Rage
Posts: 747
Celts34 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
btw, JVG is becoming unbearable when calling his brother's games. He's rooting so badly for Orlando that he ******* non-stop over the tiniest things they don't do right. Every basket Boston makes is due to a mistake made by Orlando's D, and every missed shot by Orlando is due to "bad shot selection". He's just like a fan out there - bitching when things don't go the way he wants them to. He reached the height of being unprofessional in Game 3 when he began taking his frustration over the blowout out on VC. Basically threw him under the bus when the entire team didn't show up.

I LIKE JVG and consider him a damn good color commentator, but he's simply way too emotionally involved in this series to call a good game.


Dude its his brother, who he happens to be really close to. The fact that he's been able to not crack out the pom-poms and do dance routines after every basket/win is pretty good in my book. Because if I was in his shoes, I'd be unable to be at all impartial. I think all things considered he's done a good job.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #569
macpierce
Arcadia, CA
 
macpierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,149
macpierce has decent reputationmacpierce has decent reputation
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

its nice to see paul pierce trying to pull a kobe and failing miserably while ray allen was on fire....ahh the mammories
macpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #570
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri
 
Sharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Upsilon Andromeda Galaxy
Posts: 1,912
Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: May 24 ECF-Magic @ Celtics game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
LOL one game and you guys shime in? in 08 Pierce proved hes the go to guy. Ray didnt show up till the eastern finals that series.

so after one game you come to your conclusion? get outta here


I always though ray gave up too much of his game for ball hog pierce- I came to that conclusion long ago-

What about the rubbish numbers PP had against Cleveland! Boston had to run plays to give him easy looks, to keep his confidence up.

I don't think Ray minds giving up his game for the interest of the team but no way pierce should ever take us many shots as he did-
PP should not be first option, KG had some bad plays but the first option should be split between ray- kg, and rondo, not that ball hog pierce,

PS- the magic have rhythm now with their inside outside game/ look at the first two rounds.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy