Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #16
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson? Who Truly Is The Best in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
I don't know what year the article is referring to but AD fumbled 7 times last season and twice in the PO. He lost 6 of those fumbles.

CJ fumbled 3 times and lost all of them like he said though. So that is 3 more losses which is quite big. You also have to take into account the momentum shifts and confidence issues after fumbling. Are you as a coach going to feel comfortable continuing to give him the ball? In the PO game, Peterson also fumbled on a exchange with Favre that was lost on the goal line. Until proven otherwise, he is a liability in ball security. That is a huge detriment to a RB.
yeah well if the article is wrong then it is wrong...maybe left out the post season...

I know Peterson has serious issues holding onto the ball, and a cuple times I think it was almost like the defender just grabbed it out his hands and took it away...

I can't imagine that he will continue to be that bad but if he is then yeah, that is a serious flaw he needs to fix...I admit it was very bad.

hopefully whatever he does to try and fix it doesn't affect his running style...or get in his head too much.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #17
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Chris Johnson went to Oklahoma and Adrian Peterson went to ECU who would you pick prime?
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:02 PM   #18
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
If Chris Johnson went to Oklahoma and Adrian Peterson went to ECU who would you pick prime?
Johnson, because if he went to OU then that would mean that he would truely be more skilled, as Stoops would have seen that very early...and taken him.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #19
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

CJ still had 1200 yards and 9 tds as a rookie. He basically average 5 ypc (4.9) he just wasn't given the number of carries he did last year because the Titans were still working on giving Lendale the ball. So its not like last season was a fluke he was nearly that good as a rookie too.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:27 PM   #20
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
CJ still had 1200 yards and 9 tds as a rookie. He basically average 5 ypc (4.9) he just wasn't given the number of carries he did last year because the Titans were still working on giving Lendale the ball. So its not like last season was a fluke he was nearly that good as a rookie too.
no I don't think it was fluke at all...although I do think there is something to him having a killer o-line last year...and the Vikes o-line turning into trash.

I just see him as someone that relies 100% on speed...which is fine and it works, but I am skeptical it can work for a RB...

he looks to me like what Deion Sanders would be if he was a RB, and Deion did have some rushes....one for a TD around the side even...

and Deion relied on his speed his whole career, BUT he wasn't a RB, who had to take hits every year...

infact Deion was avoided so much that he went years and years without seeing much contact at all....CJ has to get hit constantly...can he stay THAT fast for that long?

only time will tell...
Old 05-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #21
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Johnson is a pretty shifty runner and has good balance. I don't think he relies completely on his speed.

This run is a good example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-a8uaf5uRY
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #22
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Johnson is a pretty shifty runner and has good balance. I don't think he relies completely on his speed.

This run is a good example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-a8uaf5uRY
he has great vision too...yeah

I still think for the most part he is all speed though...take that away from him and he would be a below average runner...

it doesn't matter what makes him great though...speed is what makes alot players great...I am just not sure someone playing RB can rely on it an entire career the same way a WR or CB does...
Old 05-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #23
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

No love for Stephen Jackson?
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #24
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
No love for Stephen Jackson?

Are you kidding me? He's spread open my ass cheeks and went to town the past two seasons I picked him up for fantasy.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #25
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Are you kidding me? He's spread open my ass cheeks and went to town the past two seasons I picked him up for fantasy.

Lolwut?

We're talking about real football. What Jackson has done behind that awful Rams line is incredible.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #26
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

jackson is a lot better than his fantasy numbers make him appear, unfortunately his entire organization has been fail for the past few years. cant blame that on him tho. hopefully that changes with their new additions. I still wouldnt put him on the level of CJ and AP. Anyway, its hard to say which one of those two is better, completely different styles of running .
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #27
Point Blank
Superbowl or Bust!

Point Blank has decent reputation

I'd still take AP all day!
Point Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #28
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah I think with a normal line and normal offense not NFL Europe calibre like the Rams have Jackson would be in the discussion. It's a toss up between CJ and AD though.

I can tell you who defenses would rather play against though...
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #29
Lebron Bryant
Go Patriots!

Lebron Bryant has not been impressing people

Both are great but I like Adrian Peterson more.
Lebron Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #30
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
It'd be a clear cut for ADP for me if he could keep his damn fumbles down. They're ridiculously close. Chris Johnson seems like a money hungry ***** that would hold out at any point in his career to get a few extra mill.

I believe Peterson's more durable, definitely a better guy, and I'll take a power back any day of the week.

AP>Chris Johnson
awesome...

before either hold out

some of us were able to see that AD was the better RB...some in here were not capable of seeing all he has is speed
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: