Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-18-2006, 09:35 AM   #1
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far
Default DWADE-best Finals showing since 93 MJ??

as far as guards go anyways (gotta give respect to Duncan,Hakeem, and prime Shaq).......but we've all seen over the years how some superstars can disappear in the spotlight and some rise up to new heights (young Magic comes to mind)

going into these finals, i (we) obviously knew Wade was the real deal. he made Detroit's defense look like a jr high team.

but this kid is averaging 33ppg (and almost 40ppg and 9rpg at home). he has a chance to make this thing historic. if he doesnt have a drop off and the Heat win this series, we could be looking at a new legend. i never thought id see another guard come even close to what MJ did against Phoenix (41ppg). but Wade is dominating in different but just as effective ways.

and that concludes the 2452343th Wade topic on ISH.

Last edited by IGGYIVERSON : 06-18-2006 at 09:40 AM.
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:49 AM   #2
sic
Decent playground baller

sic has an OK reputation so far

sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:52 AM   #3
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

as a guard, yes by far

as a player, I'm sure shaq averaged around 40 and 15 basically all three series of the threepeat
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:17 AM   #4
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

I'm just curious, what did Kobe average in the Lakers three-peat? Can anyone provide data?

and yeah, I agree with the topic. What Wade has done the last two games is exceptional. The first two games not so much.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

don't forget jordan was SOLID, and hands down the best player on the floor for 6 games in 96, 97, and 98

Game one this year Terry made Wade look foolish.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #6
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
I'm just curious, what did Kobe average in the Lakers three-peat? Can anyone provide data?

and yeah, I agree with the topic. What Wade has done the last two games is exceptional. The first two games not so much.

vs. Indiana, 2000 Finals: 15.6 pts
vs. Philly, 2001 Finals: 24.6 pts
vs. NJ, 2002 Finals: 26.8 pts

Those are Kobe's averages for the Finals during the three-peat.

Jordan also averaged 32.3/7/6 in the '97 Finals, so I'd say this is the best performance by a guard in the Finals since '97, not '91. (haven't looked up AI's 2001 Finals stats, though; I forget how he did)

Last edited by Loki : 06-18-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #7
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Wade has been amazing, but like Juvy said, the first two games weren't very good for him, so I have a hard time labeling this one of the best Finals showings based on great play in only half the games
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #8
Juvenile

where can I get these data? I didn't find it on basketball(-)reference.com nor nba.com
Old 06-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #9
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
vs. Indiana, 2000 Finals: 15.6 pts

SHAQ DIDN'T WIN THOSE TITLES BY HIMSELF!!!!!

KOBE CARRIED SHAQ TO THOSE TITLES!!!!

what was shaq's average during that series? 40 / 18? dayum, kobe couldn't hold shaq's jockstrap
Old 06-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #10
Juvenile

It's already been established several times that Kobe by no means was Shaqs equal in the title runs.
No need to bring up this topic again.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:09 AM   #11
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

DJ Mbenga returns...
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #12
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default We've discussed this before...

Perimeter scoring is "juiced". We've discussed this before. You can't compare today's scoring averages to ten or even five years ago. It's so much easier for a talented perimeter player to look great. It seems like the top guys can get 40 whenever they want. Never used to be that way....

It's just like baseball. Everyone hits 30 homers nowadays. And the top guys easily break 50. Never used to be that way. Can't compare anymore...same with Bball (in my opinion)...

Keep that in mind when you look at D Wade's numbers....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:24 AM   #13
IGGYIVERSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Perimeter scoring is "juiced". We've discussed this before. You can't compare today's scoring averages to ten or even five years ago. It's so much easier for a talented perimeter player to look great. It seems like the top guys can get 40 whenever they want. Never used to be that way....

It's just like baseball. Everyone hits 30 homers nowadays. And the top guys easily break 50. Never used to be that way. Can't compare anymore...same with Bball (in my opinion)...

Keep that in mind when you look at D Wade's numbers....

lol i think im one of the main people who complain that the game is different. but you can't deny what Wade is doing. when someone's FG percentage is that high and he's making THIS much of a difference thats when i throw my "oldschool NBA" mind out the window.

what Wade has been showing in the past 3 weeks is pure greatness. he's hitting his midrange jumpers with ease (the ultimate test IMO). he's getting rebounds, he's showing that he's clutch, he's doing everything.

granted he could shoot 9-40 in the last remaining games of the Finals but thus far he's been playing a legendary Finals.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #14
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYIVERSON
lol i think im one of the main people who complain that the game is different. but you can't deny what Wade is doing. when someone's FG percentage is that high and he's making THIS much of a difference thats when i throw my "oldschool NBA" mind out the window.

what Wade has been showing in the past 3 weeks is pure greatness. he's hitting his midrange jumpers with ease (the ultimate test IMO). he's getting rebounds, he's showing that he's clutch, he's doing everything.

granted he could shoot 9-40 in the last remaining games of the Finals but thus far he's been playing a legendary Finals.

I'm not saying he's not playing amazing...he is.

I'm just saying be careful when you just look at scoring averages. It can be deceptive....

But I also believe it is easier for a perimeter player to just "take over" a game, when they need to....the rules just make it easier...

Wade is still amazing...just putting in perspective....

It's like saying, "Boy, that guy hit 40 home runs. He must be as good or better than Mike Schmidt, right?"...uh well no.....game is different....stats are different...

Last edited by bagelred : 06-18-2006 at 11:34 AM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #15
IGGYIVERSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I'm not saying he's not playing amazing...he is.

I'm just saying be careful when you just look at scoring averages. It can be deceptive....

But I also believe it is either for a perimeter player to just "take over" a game, when they need to....the rules just make it easier...

Wade is still amazing...just putting in perspective....

yeah i definitely see what your saying. he doenst have to put up with hand checks or defenders steering his hip or any of that. hell theres not even any true centers left to clog up the lanes but i guess whats impressive to me is that after years of seeing Iverson and Kobe dominate with shooting percentages in the 30s and 40s, im finally seeing someone drop 35 here and 43 here while shooting 50,60, even 70%. maybe i just missed seeing it too much lol.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: