Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
bringthetruth
Banned

bringthetruth has no real reputation yet.
Default Players the knicks might target before the regular season

Trade 1 - NY sends Jalen Rose and Jerome James to Portland for Darius Miles, Theo Ratliff and Steve Blake. Portland gets a TON of cap room next season AND they use James as insurance in case Przbilla jets. NY uses Miles as the starting SF and Ratliff to back up the PF and Center spots. Blake is also a great backup PG to Marbury, letting Crawford play just the 2 guard.

Trade 2 - Kenyon Martin to NY for Maurice Taylor and the #29 pick. Denver can draft a PF and Mo Tay will fit well in their system for this year. Next year, they have cap room for a free agent and Denver is OUT from under KMarts contract. NY gets a very emotional power forward who can play both ends of the floor to play along side a passive eddy curry. He will also be more recovered from his surgery which is being reported as doing much better.
With these two deals, NY keeps Francis, Marbury and Crawford for the three headed monster Isiah has dreamed of, while adding a long and athletic SF and a rugged PF to man the paint. If Martin doesn't recover quickly, then Frye starts at PF. They also have Curry and Ratliff at the Center spot, giving NY depth and toughness at that spot.
These two deals give NY the chance to tell each player to produce or sit. NY could then draft Shawne Williams, Mardy Collins or Rudy Fernandez for backcourt depth. These two trades would also add much needed defense and rid ourselves of some headcases. I think Isaiah will make Francis/Marbury/Crawford work. It may leave Robinson out in the cold, but N8 could see time off the bench. N8 could also be used as trade bait with Atlanta for Harrington along with Lee.
bringthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

i would like the first and second trade a lot, we just have to hope it happens and if we give up #29 we need to use 20 wisely. let's go knicks
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people
Default ...

If the Knicks make a trade, they will need to send out more players than they take back. With the 2 1st rounders, there is no room to expand the roster and with the large contracts I don't think any trades are possible.

However ...

Isiah needs to trade Nate + #20 + #29 for a lottery pick. I'm sure some team (maybe Minny) would be willing to do it.

BTW: Say no to Kenyon Martin and Darius Miles !!!

Last edited by sydneyking : 06-03-2006 at 09:30 PM.
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringthetruth

Trade 2 - Kenyon Martin to NY for Maurice Taylor and the #29 pick. Denver can draft a PF and Mo Tay will fit well in their system for this year. Next year, they have cap room for a free agent and Denver is OUT from under KMarts contract. NY gets a very emotional power forward who can play both ends of the floor to play along side a passive eddy curry. He will also be more recovered from his surgery which is being reported as doing much better.

What kind of scrub is denver going to draft at 29 in one of the weakest drafts in recent history.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:43 PM   #5
bringthetruth
Banned

The key to the Kenyon Martin trade is his salary , not the 29th pick.

Mo Taylor is a free agent after this season.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #6
bracer028
Banned

bracer028 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

dalembert for francis and frye and couple of future draft picks
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #7
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

If you want KMart you will have to give up Crawford
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #8
The REAL Next KNICK

we dont wanna give up crawford for bad knees k-mart.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #9
Aussie Outcast
Kids at the park dunk on me

Aussie Outcast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Players the Knicks might target before next season

Any player that any other team doesnt want.
Aussie Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:41 PM   #10
datdude
Can barely lace up my sneakers

datdude has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Trade 1 - NY sends Jalen Rose and Jerome James to Portland for Darius Miles, Theo Ratliff and Steve Blake. Portland gets a TON of cap room next season AND they use James as insurance in case Przbilla jets. NY uses Miles as the starting SF and Ratliff to back up the PF and Center spots. Blake is also a great backup PG to Marbury, letting Crawford play just the 2 guard.

With these two deals, NY keeps Francis, Marbury and Crawford for the three headed monster Isiah has dreamed of, while adding a long and athletic SF and a rugged PF to man the paint. If Martin doesn't recover quickly, then Frye starts at PF. They also have Curry and Ratliff at the Center spot, giving NY depth and toughness at that spot.
These two deals give NY the chance to tell each player to produce or sit. NY could then draft Shawne Williams, Mardy Collins or Rudy Fernandez for backcourt depth. These two trades would also add much needed defense and rid ourselves of some headcases. I think Isaiah will make Francis/Marbury/Crawford work. It may leave Robinson out in the cold, but N8 could see time off the bench. N8 could also be used as trade bait with Atlanta for Harrington along with Lee.

NO,NO,NO This will never work. If NY decides to keep larry around, and then bring in Miles, Kmart without getting rid of Steph and Francis is a recipe for DISASTER!! Too many bad attitudes, that team will literally implode. Terrible trades
datdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #11
The REAL Next KNICK

marbury doesnt have a bad attitude, i can see francis but marbury keeps his cool. Trust me he's not like francis or no where near k-mart
Old 06-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #12
bringthetruth
Banned

WHAT THE KNICKS LACK,A HEALTHY KMART AND A HUNGRY MILES HELPS THIS TEAM DEFENSIVELY.

NYneeds guys who can defend not scorers, they have that already.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:56 AM   #13
Milkman

NY needs a system like phoenix has... just get D'antoni's bro to coach them
Old 06-04-2006, 10:57 AM   #14
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Kenyon and Stephon don't like each other very much, remember?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #15
Milkman

wang4three i honestly believe you are the best poster on ISH. seriously im not trying to be sarcastic or anything, just wanted to say that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: