Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-04-2006, 11:03 AM   #16
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

haha. You remind me of effr.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:04 AM   #17
Milkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
haha. You remind me of effr.
who's effr?
Old 06-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #18
bringthetruth
Banned

bringthetruth has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Kenyon and Stephon don't like each other very much, remember?

Isiah just wants to win, so marbury not liking someone means what ?
bringthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #19
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Funniest guy at ISH. Hasn't posted for awhile.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #20
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

the Knicks are going to target Mike James :)
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #21
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Isiah just wants to win, so marbury not liking someone means what?

Isiah isn't the one playing out there, it's the players. Kenyon and Steph having animosity for each other isn't going to help win games. It'll disrupt chemistry and it being New York and all, it probably will resort to a media frenzied relationship and every word said in the locker room will be reported.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #22
Milkman

Quote:
Isiah isn't the one playing out there, it's the players. Kenyon and Steph having animosity for each other isn't going to help win games. It'll disrupt chemistry and it being New York and all, it probably will resort to a media frenzied relationship and every word said in the locker room will be reported.
yeah Isiah doesnt want any more personality clashes unless he has a coach that can manage personalities well... Phil Jax anyone?
Old 06-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #23
bringthetruth
Banned

Quote:

My points was Isiah is on his last leg as a gm or coach in the league, he's the one who brought these guys together.

He will create an enviorment that the players will adjust to compared to last yr under brown.
Winning has a way of nixing attitudes.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:16 AM   #24
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re:

Quote:
Trade 1 - NY sends Jalen Rose and Jerome James to Portland for Darius Miles, Theo Ratliff and Steve Blake.

I would do the trade in a heartbeat, and it does sound realistic to me.

Quote:
Trade 2 - Kenyon Martin to NY for Maurice Taylor and the #29 pick.

No, no, no, and for the last time no. This trade is retarded. Yes I know the Knicks like taking back big contracts, but to take on Kenyon's ridiculous contract and his injury problems would be terrible.

I'm not the greatest at proposing trades, and I know Francis doesn't want to go to the Nuggets, but how about:

Steve Francis
Malik Rose

for

Andre Miller
Kenyon Martin

BTW, I still can't believe Isiah did the Francis trade, doh.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #25
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Winning has a way of nixing attitudes.

Trading Mo Taylor and getting Kenyon Martin won't make the Knicks a lot better than they are now.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #26
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

The Knicks needs to start over. Just trade everyone on the roster for expirers. Get rid of them all. Start fresh.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:12 PM   #27
Raptors4life
I brick open layups

Raptors4life has an OK reputation so far

Do you think they should try and trade Francis for someone that can defend in the post because they have too many guards on that team and no-one wants Rose and his huge contract at the moment?
Raptors4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #28
bringthetruth
Banned

The knicks need post defenders for sure, martin plays defense wayyyyyyyyy better than mo-taylor anyday of the week.

If the knicks fire brown, then Isiah has to mesh the remaining players to play his style of ball (not larryt's). or look like a total failure
Old 06-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #29
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Only time and patience will help the Knicks. There is no trade they can do that will help them. Stockpile young talent, however you can get it, and wait for the contracts of your overpaid players to expire. Waive them or buy their contracts out. Any trade Isiah does will only make the Knicks worse, both in the present and the future.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:37 PM   #30
Raptors4life
I brick open layups

Raptors4life has an OK reputation so far

Larry's style of basketball doesnt work for these players because there not hardworking gritty players that like to defend so it wont work

they need to play a different style to complement what players they have
Raptors4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: