Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-31-2010, 11:57 PM   #16
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: DarkSephiroth u should've been @ the NBA Combine

man I didn't even know you could dunk too
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #17
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin112
naw man they been practice for that very moment for years. a lot of them were practicing at tim grovers attack gym, hax in la, they all have agents and have been preparing w/ elite trainers.

they post up good numbers, we just know dark can do better.

it is really nice complex.

Yeah, the % are lower, because at the combine at least what they showed on tv, they do everything at game speed and some drills like a shooting ones a little slower than game speed. It is still a nice pace since someone is throwing you the ball, but it is just you out there shooting. There is no rest inbetween shots like if your shooting around by yourself.

Last edited by lilojmayo : 06-01-2010 at 03:11 AM.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #18
623baller
dedicate

623baller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin112
naw man they been practice for that very moment for years. a lot of them were practicing at tim grovers attack gym, hax in la, they all have agents and have been preparing w/ elite trainers.

they post up good numbers, we just know dark can do better.

really? i watched the draft combine for like 15 minutes 2 fridays ago and the general comments from scouts and analysts were that most of the candidates did not know how to properly execute the drills so they finish with efficiency but i guess this is with them running those agility drills not the shooting drills . anyways the point i was trying to make is, it's never the same until it's that moment , it is a mental sport and it gets to you if shots aren't falling
623baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #19
SpecialZ
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SpecialZ has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth
LoL. I know a handful of guys that can easily shoot 75+% from behind the arc wide open. Most of them don't have much game, so shooting is all they do.

Let me quote you here, "they just released the shooting drill tests from the nba combine and only ONE guy can shoot better then you."
-This is a falsified statement. These guys had one chance, under immense pressure, to shoot 25 shots. This doesn't mean that under no pressure at the gym by themselves shooting around, none of them can shoot a far better % than they did in the combine. And 6 players out of the 25 still shot above 75% from behind the college three. In addition, it's catch and shoot while moving, which drastically lowers your percentage as well. They're not just standing there with time to shoot however they want to. If you think that those 25 shots are the best any of them have ever shot in their lives, you are mistaken.

And to respond to the rest:
I have never been athletic in terms of jumping high or being explosive. At my absolute peak athleticism I could dunk the ball weakly at best. My game is based on Basketball IQ, being Crafty on the court, and trying to help my team by putting the ball in the hands of whoever has the best chance to score. Even if you shoot better than D1 prospects, it doesn't make you better than them. Mike Penberthy could outshoot anyone in that draft class, does that make him a better player?
I'm 145 lbs at 6'0 tall and lack durability, especially regarding my ankles. The fact that I was able to play college ball at this size is an achievement in itself. I've never said I'm an NBA prospect, or even said anything other than what I have done on the court in the past. I know my limitations and weaknesses, and I'm not a cocky guy who thinks he can do anything.

Going to the gym by myself (Which I haven't done in months due to ankle injury) and videotaping a shooting session is not exactly high on my to-do list. I still don't see why you're so surprised that someone can make an average of 3/4 shots from behind a college three when shooting around by himself. I know a handful of guys who can do it, and a couple that could probably shoot better than I can as well.
You played college ball? This is interesting to me because after watching that video, My high school senior team makes you guys look like junior high lunch ballers. No disrespect just saying, maybe I have a better chance at the big leagues than I thought. By the way this is my first post here! Looks like a pretty chill forum.
SpecialZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #20
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

DarkSephiroth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialZ
You played college ball? This is interesting to me because after watching that video, My high school senior team makes you guys look like junior high lunch ballers. No disrespect just saying, maybe I have a better chance at the big leagues than I thought. By the way this is my first post here! Looks like a pretty chill forum.

Video was from an Asian basketball tournament where you have to be Asian to play. There's a usually a couple guys on each team that played college ball somewhere, but the average level of each team is not high.

Last edited by DarkSephiroth : 06-25-2010 at 09:09 AM.
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:58 AM   #21
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilojmayo

it is really nice complex.

Yeah, the % are lower, because at the combine at least what they showed on tv, they do everything at game speed and some drills like a shooting ones a little slower than game speed. It is still a nice pace since someone is throwing you the ball, but it is just you out there shooting. There is no rest inbetween shots like if your shooting around by yourself.

HAX has a open gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You can catch some local NBA guys like Russell Westbrook, to Bobby Brown, alot of Lakers, Clippers, and players from the LA area hoop there all the time.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #22
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

Dark, you should try for the PBA or Australian league, you could cut it there.
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #23
forensic91
I airball my layups

forensic91 has an OK reputation so far

Im sorry DarkSephiroth but you're full of shit. A highlight video of you playing against women's freshman team caliber is not convincing in the least.

Why not shoot a video of yourself?
forensic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #24
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
Dark, you should try for the PBA or Australian league, you could cut it there.

Yeah, I could probably be a solid role player in the PBA. Wouldn't be any kind of stand out player. I know a couple guys that play in the PBA, like Alex Cabagnot. It's a nice league, a lot of guys really run and gun.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:14 AM   #25
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensic91
Im sorry DarkSephiroth but you're full of shit. A highlight video of you playing against women's freshman team caliber is not convincing in the least.

Why not shoot a video of yourself?

What exactly are you trying to be convinced of? That I can shoot 3/4 from behind a college 3 wide open? Is it that amazing that I need to go make a video of it? I know a handful of guys that can do it. A friend of mine, a medium-sized Asian guy, about 6'0 180 can hit 85% easily from behind the arc wide open. I'll bet you if I video tape him shooting 25 3's in the same spot a couple times he could even hit 20 in a row at some points. He can't do much else other than shoot, but hey, there's plenty of great shooters in the world.

In fact, I've come across some random old guys who are ridiculous shooters. There's this guy who works out at Caltech by himself all the time who's in his 60's now I'd say. Dude just practices free throws, and hits hundreds in a row with ease. Someone said he had held some kind of record in the past, but I had never heard of him.

Edit: Oh, found him on google: http://today.caltech.edu/today/story...story_id=18362

He has also hit 209 3 pointers in a row.

Last edited by DarkSephiroth : 06-16-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #26
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

I totally agree w/ you. it's not that hard to shoot 75% -80% from college 3 wide open and like you said that old man shot 200 plus shots in a row. in fact, years back shaq had a old dude teach him freethrows, he holds the world's record for it. just some old dude, so that means a lot of us can do it too.

Anyway, you should have been at John Walls Wizards workout he bricked a ton of wide open mid range shots. You would have school him for sure, you never miss midrange shots like you said. He has good dunks tho, but you can do too so that's no biggie. Someone should tell him about the old guy from that site you u linked us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmBtXOZIevQ

Last edited by devin112 : 06-22-2010 at 07:12 AM.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #27
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

It's funny how you got started because you were offended to think that someone can shoot 3/4 consistently from the college 3. I understand though, someone with such limited basketball knowledge (and clearly basketball ability as well) as yourself couldn't fathom that a good deal of average joe's can do things that NBA players can. There's plenty of guys in the world that can do one thing better than plenty of NBA players. It doesn't mean they are more suited to the NBA. But again, an ignorant dotard such as yourself clearly has trouble comprehending such difficult extrapolation, so trying to convince you of any such thing would simply be a waste of time.

You post guys like John Wall, who is known to be an awful shooter, to prove your point that nobody can shoot a high percentage in an open gym. How is that any more valid than me posting a random old average joe who practiced so much that he can hit a ridiculous number of shots in a row?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #28
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

You're Filipino? Come over man! Would definitely want to see you play with the pros here. Maybe you can give me some free tickets too.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #29
the_chosen_1
Decent playground baller

the_chosen_1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth
LoL. I know a handful of guys that can easily shoot 75+% from behind the arc wide open. Most of them don't have much game, so shooting is all they do.

Let me quote you here, "they just released the shooting drill tests from the nba combine and only ONE guy can shoot better then you."
-This is a falsified statement. These guys had one chance, under immense pressure, to shoot 25 shots. This doesn't mean that under no pressure at the gym by themselves shooting around, none of them can shoot a far better % than they did in the combine. And 6 players out of the 25 still shot above 75% from behind the college three. In addition, it's catch and shoot while moving, which drastically lowers your percentage as well. They're not just standing there with time to shoot however they want to. If you think that those 25 shots are the best any of them have ever shot in their lives, you are mistaken.

And to respond to the rest:
I have never been athletic in terms of jumping high or being explosive. At my absolute peak athleticism I could dunk the ball weakly at best. My game is based on Basketball IQ, being Crafty on the court, and trying to help my team by putting the ball in the hands of whoever has the best chance to score. Even if you shoot better than D1 prospects, it doesn't make you better than them. Mike Penberthy could outshoot anyone in that draft class, does that make him a better player?
I'm 145 lbs at 6'0 tall and lack durability, especially regarding my ankles. The fact that I was able to play college ball at this size is an achievement in itself. I've never said I'm an NBA prospect, or even said anything other than what I have done on the court in the past. I know my limitations and weaknesses, and I'm not a cocky guy who thinks he can do anything.

Going to the gym by myself (Which I haven't done in months due to ankle injury) and videotaping a shooting session is not exactly high on my to-do list. I still don't see why you're so surprised that someone can make an average of 3/4 shots from behind a college three when shooting around by himself. I know a handful of guys who can do it, and a couple that could probably shoot better than I can as well.

Pretty fair evaluation. You know yourself pretty well.

OP is either hating, or needs to take Dark's dick out of his mouth.

He ain't playing big time ball. He knows how to play ball, nothing more nothing less. He has worked at it and he can step in and play against good amateurs. In Indiana there are million players that never played more than High School that are just as good. I would rate him at a small D3 school or something. Like most of us he is just too small. If he was 6'6" he has the IQ to play college ball somewhere, but he ain't.

Does everybody else suck so bad that they have to hype somebody else up so much or tear them down either way? Competition must be weak in alot of places!
the_chosen_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #30
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

^Agreed.

OP is just hating for no reason. He doesn't believe anyone can shoot 3/4 from behind the college three when shooting around wide open.

I played College basketball and was the most consistent shooter on my team. I'm also 6'0 and a measly 145 lbs. cuz I'm half Chinese. I'm frail as a piece of plastic, and my ankles are made of glass.

What's the big deal? OP clearly doesn't know many skilled basketball players if he doesn't know one person that can shoot the ball well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: