Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 11-13-2006, 08:50 AM   #1
Rabs_One
I brick open layups

Rabs_One has an OK reputation so far
Default Playoffs ?

I know its early but if the hawks keep this up it could be the year they finally make it. Joe Johnson 4 MVP
Rabs_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:25 AM   #2
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

they are one of the surprise teams this year. they need to play consistent and they should have as good a shot as anyone. JJ is carrying the team right now but he does need some help, and thats where josh smith comes in. i think when marvin williams comes back that will give them some stability down low but they need to stay consistent.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
Kemosabe
High School Varsity 6th Man

Kemosabe has decent reputation

Marvin Williams will certainly be a very nice add to this team.
Haks can dream with the playoffs but they will have to be more constant indeed. I belive the home games will be decisive...
Kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:23 PM   #4
AtlHawks
I airball my layups

AtlHawks has no real reputation yet.

They will make it if they learn to win the close games and the defense is there on a consistent basis. Adding Marvin will surely help. I don't think they can make a push for the playoffs unless Marvin build on his positive offseason. He is the player that will compliment JJ very well. He is the 2nd scoring option and 2nd lockdown defender the Hawks need. If JJ can lock down and SG and Marvin can lockdown a SF. It will greatley help the overall defense.
AtlHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:15 PM   #5
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

I have to agree the Hawks seem like a pretty good team. They look like they have improved. I feel they will do pretty good. But I do not think the playoffs just yet. They have a good team but there missing one more piece I think.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:46 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

they have all the right pieces to win...now they need a better coach.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:35 AM   #7
T21
I brick open layups

T21 has an OK reputation so far

Two L's against SEA and MILW just illustrate the fact that this team is still learning how to win games. That process is gonna take a while (hopefully not long). However, Hawks obviously made a great leap forward and remember, we recently acquired few new faces, lost a guy like M.Williams for few weeks and Speedy isn't fully fit... What I'm trying to say, it's gonna take time for all the pieces to come together! Now, we need to keep our heads down, play agressive on both ends and W's will come, hopefully the playoffs too...
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T21
Two L's against SEA and MILW just illustrate the fact that this team is still learning how to win games. That process is gonna take a while (hopefully not long). However, Hawks obviously made a great leap forward and remember, we recently acquired few new faces, lost a guy like M.Williams for few weeks and Speedy isn't fully fit... What I'm trying to say, it's gonna take time for all the pieces to come together! Now, we need to keep our heads down, play agressive on both ends and W's will come, hopefully the playoffs too...

Well with Joe Johnson on your squad you got a proven leader with plenty of playoff experience...hes doin just fine. Seattle has great shooters and that team can score so you shouldnt feel bad about that L because you guys are just learning how to win games now...props to atlanta.

this year if the team stays healthy after M williams returns you guys can can 42 games IMO.

That might be playoffs in the east...either way thats most improved team though.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #9
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

They have the potential to make the playoffs. How far they go depends on how well JJ plays in there, and if Marvin Williams turns out to be what he was supposed to be, a superstar.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:08 AM   #10
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Josh Smith is gonna do it!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: