Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2006, 07:40 PM   #46
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRuled
Guys like Kareem and Sabonis were able to play until they were much older because they were very skilled at what the did, not simply freak atheltes. Shaq has never been a skilled basketball player, instead relying on his physical abiliteis. So when age begins to slow him down some, make him less able to do what he used to do as often as he used to do it, there's the appearence of an even larger decline. Shaq may very well get some what better through out the year, but he's not the player he once was, and has little or no chance to continue to play until he's 40. Most big men can keep playing because they are big and have skills, or in the case of a few, only because they are big (see Ostertag, Bradley, Deke). But they are far from dominating. There are always exceptions, but I'm pretty sure Shaw isn't going to be one...he doesn't put in the effort on a regular basis to be in good enough condition to keep playing that long.


i can agree with you on some points in what you said since Sabonis was an excellent passer and just knew how to play an all around game regardless of how slow he was or how old/fat. Kareem i agree in the respect that Kareem kept fit and his extracurricular activities was stuff like kung fu and ****, whereas Shaq just seems like a partying non-workaholic type that likes expensive stuff and wants to get into law enforcement and other crap when hes not playing ball.

that said, i still dont think his decline has to do with purely his age like people are saying. I'd say its a number of factors, including slimming down and not having that throw-around weight in the paint anymore, along with offseason work ethic, love/drive for basketball, injuries, etc.

I still believe he could probably play until 40 if he wanted to since imo big men with body that can play ball arent very common. He could probably still be starting at the age of 40 if he really loved the game, but i dont think Shaq has that love for ball other players do. I have a feeling Shaq will be at the level of his current play for a long time to come, he wont ever be the player he used to be, but if he had the love for the game he could stay in it until a very old age imo.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:46 PM   #47
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

[quote=XxNeXuSxX]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee

I fail to see humor in the truth? :rollingeyes: Kids like you need a phucking beating sometimes.



Your 10 rolling smiley's in your post aren't convincing anyone. And I love how you say I said stuff I never even mentioned;

Where did I even mention Zach Randolph in my posts? Why do you have to bullsh*t like this? one armed midget brother? You further strengthen my point that your an immature little brat that needs to go sit in his room and stop posting bullsh*t on the internet.

Back to Zach Randolph since you brought him up


First of all, where is all this fat you are mentioning, he may be a little overweight, but I don't see how you are actually using this to "defend" your """""Points""""". Zach is a guy that seems to rely on his post move skills and a little mid range shot in his game and get's his rebounds mostly by positioning and good technique, He seems to have more muscle on him than fat by looking at his pictures, and that would only help him on the boards.


Are you really trying to say here that Zach Randolph isnt fat? That he isnt a wide body? Are you f'in blind? Have you ever seen Zach Randolph?

seriously dude make a better argument than arguing Zach Randolph is lean and all muscle because everyone that knows the littlest thing about ball knows Zach Randolph is probably one of the bigger fat widebody's in the league. Next youre stupidass will probably say Big Country wasnt fat and how great he would've been skinny

God youre retarded $.99 cent
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:47 PM   #48
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default

[quote=Smokee]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX


Are you really trying to say here that Zach Randolph isnt fat? That he isnt a wide body? Are you f'in blind? Have you ever seen Zach Randolph?

seriously dude make a better argument than arguing Zach Randolph is lean and all muscle because everyone that knows the littlest thing about ball knows Zach Randolph is probably one of the bigger fat widebody's in the league. Next youre stupidass will probably say Big Country wasnt fat and how great he would've been skinny

God youre retarded $.99 cent

You ask me if I've ever seen him after you quote me posting a picture. That should speak for itself. And I don't need to go in further to prove your idiocy.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #49
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default

[quote=Smokee]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX


Look dude first you tried to say Shaq was all muscle in his hey days when his gut was hanging over his waistline and you could easily see his belly sticking out of his uni.

Now your trying to say Zach Randolph isnt fat

i'm done arguing with someone who doesnt watch NBA and doesnt know the most obvious **** anyone else would acknowledge.

youre really a retard $.99 cent, better ask somebody


http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...tfuldodger.htm

That defines you perfectly fatso. You ignore all my arguments and you just change the subject and misquote me and then take it out of context. Congrats.

Examples in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
You still have yet to refute the simple fact. Muscle=Strength, Power, and Size

Your response

Quote:
Originally Posted by you
LOL U THINK HE ISNT FAT LOLOLOLLOLOLOOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLLLLLLLLROFLMAL O!!!:rolllin::rollin !!##@# HAV U HEVER SEEN ZACK MUTOMBO? LOLOLOL U NEVER PLAYED BASKETBALL IN UR LIFE HAHAHAH!

It makes it impossible to debate the uneducated or simply ignorant, so I'm done with you.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:04 PM   #50
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default

[quote=Smokee]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX


$.99 cent

I can't believe this, it's like explaining to a 4 year old santa doesn't exist.

Now I'm to my club basketball practice(keep in mind this is phuckin college), I suggest you learn facts and then post on a message board.

I don't know how many times you can be wrong and still come back with a new "insult".
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:08 PM   #51
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
guess 'real men' who have graduated college with full time jobs post on nba forums with kids? someone check this fool could be another child predator

wow youre a loser

Emoticon usage should be a privilege for you, since you're having such a spankin' good time with those " "s.

For your information, kiddo, people who have college degrees and fulltime jobs still use the internet. I know its hard for your juvenile mind to comprehend that, so we'll forgive you for that one.

When you've read enough bullsht on forum, you can assume all discussions will turn to sh!t when you attempt to debate a reasonable topic with a "fan" who has zero grasp of the game and its players. Hard to talk logic when you had none to begin with, so predictably, you resort to personal attacks upon people here you know nothing about. Keep it up, you're going to be rightfully banned soon.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #52
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe
 
ALlArOuNDPIaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 467
ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far
Default

[quote=Smokee]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX


you still trying to play that 17 years of basketball BS?

LMAO @ $.99 cent

is this kid serious? no one can be this retarded... boy you got to learn when to shut up, you're an idiot.
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:12 PM   #53
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Emoticon usage should be a privilege for you, since you're having such a spankin' good time with those " "s.

For your information, kiddo, people who have college degrees and fulltime jobs still use the internet. I know its hard for your juvenile mind to comprehend that, so we'll forgive you for that one.

When you've read enough bullsht on forum, you can assume all discussions will turn to sh!t when you attempt to debate a reasonable topic with a "fan" who has zero grasp of the game and its players. Hard to talk logic when you had none to begin with, so predictably, you resort to personal attacks upon people here you know nothing about. Keep it up, you're going to be rightfully banned soon.


Are you kidding me? Are you a f'in little girl or something that cant handle a jones? I guess you reallly are 40 yrs old posting with kids, like i said somebody watch this fool, this is the type of ***** that ends up on Dateliine 'to catch a predator'
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #54
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe
 
ALlArOuNDPIaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 467
ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Are you kidding me? Are you a f'in little girl or something that cant handle a jones? I guess you reallly are 40 yrs old posting with kids, like i said somebody watch this fool, this is the type of ***** that ends up on Dateliine 'to catch a predator'

this has got to be a joke persona, no one is honestly this retarded as he's showin in this thread, owned by 5 posters and still keeps going on like he's winning? the age goes down further and further each day.


you are wrong kid, accept it, move the **** on.
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:16 PM   #55
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,151
rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

it's obvious he is just baiting people. looks like hes doing a decent job with it too.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:22 PM   #56
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

[quote=ALlArOuNDPIaya]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee

is this kid serious? no one can be this retarded... boy you got to learn when to shut up, you're an idiot.


i think i remember you from the old forums. you were a gimp in some fam, think it was the clippers? You were always a geek poster, nothing changes i guess
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:22 PM   #57
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,329
ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Ehh, he didn't really get to me. After he quoted me I figured he was just trying to make people angry and get all defensive, he is an idiot nonetheless, and I will refuse to argue with him, since either he has the mindset to just refute all the arguments just because he wants to piss us off, or he has a peanut for a brain, either one, whatever.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #58
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe
 
ALlArOuNDPIaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 467
ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee

i think i remember you from the old forums. you were a gimp in some fam, think it was the clippers? You were always a geek poster, nothing changes i guess

I see, you don't learn. hope you enjoy your permanant ban for trolling asswipe.

Last edited by ALlArOuNDPIaya : 11-13-2006 at 08:26 PM.
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #59
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALlArOuNDPIaya
I see, you don't learn. hope you enjoy your permanant ban for trolling asswipe.


If ISH permabans me then i'll know this forum has lost its entertainment value to the overly serious nerds that post here. Let me guess they put your geeky punkass in charge?

my argument was serious until people came at me, i responded to their attacks in turn. If you reread the thread i answered politely to the people who argued with me poliltely. You cant deny that if you read this thread so stfu you f'iin nerd.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #60
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe
 
ALlArOuNDPIaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 467
ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
If ISH permabans me then i'll know this forum has lost its entertainment value to the overly serious nerds that post here. Let me guess they put your geeky punkass in charge?

my argument was serious until people came at me, i responded to their attacks in turn. If you reread the thread i answered politely to the people who argued with me poliltely. You cant deny that if you read this thread so stfu you f'iin nerd.

Oh really, let's see about this.

Quote:
That's quite an ignorant statement. If you watched the second half of the season, Yao wasn't just on "fire" like you proclaim him to be, he was pretty much dominant throughout. He averaged like 26ppg and 12ppg, what the hell do you want from him honestly.

I'm being honest, and not being rude, but please shut up because you really don't know anything about the transformation of Yao's game. You keep giving all this nonsense crap about him needing to gain weight, and him being lucky on a couple of jumpers.

The stupidest statement of all, "hes only on fire because hes been knocking down those short jumpers very consistently," Honestly, what the hell is that suppose to mean?

Then you come up with this other stupidity right after it, "Now whether he can keep this up or not is questionable". Make up your mind, he is either on fire, or he is just being consistent.

Please stop talking about Yao because you have no idea what you are talking about, nothing, none what so ever.

ElPigto had no personal insults there but you don't like it so you attack him:

Quote:
You really dont know basketball. Players get hot in basketball. Some go cold. Jumpers dont always stay consistent when their hot. Look at Marcus Williams preseason where he couldnt miss to during the season where hes missing alot. I've watched every Rockets game this year. If you want to talk about last year then you got me, all i know is he was same erratic Yao for that first half of last season then got hot for the last month or so. Still not a full season.

Youre probably a bias Yao/Rockets fan so i'll cut you some slack. I watched him last night and some of those short jumpers he made were lucky because you could tell he didnt have a sure release on some of them and they still went in. **** happens when your hot. I never said he might not keep it up but i raised the possibility he can go cold and start missing them and he might just be on a hot streak right now. I do know teams arent playing Yao right, whoever they played before the Knicks this season or maybe it was the game before that(i cant remember the team) played Yao right. They would double team him right when he put the ball on the floor and Yao would either lose it or make a bad pass. Its all timing tho. The Knicks didnt try that until that 2nd half at some point and when they did they were late or too obvious about it with the double where he saw it coming.

Anyway, if this were oldtime Shaq or something thats easily consistant like post and dunks or like old MJ with driving and getting fouls then mebbe i'd have more faith in him being able to keep it up. Sorry i just dont have faith in short jumpers being as

You just assume he knows nothing because he doesn't agree with you, that's called a personal attack. you know nothing about his life yet you think you do. this is because you are a trollllllll.


you did it again to JSub and XxNeXuSxX, only that JSub and XxNeXuSxX took you seriously at first and then you truely showed how you don't have a ****ing clue about basketball.
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy