Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #76
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,310
ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I've pretty much lost all respect for Shaq. He's such a big baby. He gave Yao no credit for the game on Sunday. Said that Yao is "just big" and "doing what he is supposed to do". Look in the mirror Shaq. Where would you be without being "just big"? Not in the Hall of Fame.

Ditto.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #77
KobeLookLike2Pac
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
KobeLookLike2Pac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lurkville, USA
Posts: 163
KobeLookLike2Pac has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Actually, I dont think anybody's going to remember you by the end of the day.

Perhaps, but he was the one who mentioned it.


Just like Yao Ming will not be remembered as the great player that you think he will, rather the Chinese player that got voted over Shaq in numerous all-star apprearances on pure hype and homerism.
KobeLookLike2Pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:26 PM   #78
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeLookLike2Pac
Perhaps, but he was the one who mentioned it.


Just like Yao Ming will not be remembered as the great player that you think he will, rather the Chinese player that got voted over Shaq in numerous all-star apprearances on pure hype and homerism.

My goodness. Give the genius a trophy. PLEASE!!
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:26 PM   #79
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,310
ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeLookLike2Pac
Perhaps, but he was the one who mentioned it.


Just like Yao Ming will not be remembered as the great player that you think he will, rather the over-hyped Chinese player.

I guess I'll budge to one more of your stupidities before I go off to class:

Over-hyped Chinese player. That was his rookie season. That was his first season. That was his second season. That was his third season. That was his first half of the fourth season.

See what I'm trying to create here, a point of emphasis. Anaphora. Anyways, he has surpassed the "over-hyped Chinese player" model because he has already exceeded the expectations of doubters.

Now please just shut up already, go sit down, and play NBA Live, and shoot threes with Ben Wallace to keep you entertained.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:31 PM   #80
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
I guess I'll budge to one more of your stupidities before I go off to class:

Over-hyped Chinese player. That was his rookie season. That was his first season. That was his second season. That was his third season. That was his first half of the fourth season.

See what I'm trying to create here, a point of emphasis. Anaphora. Anyways, he has surpassed the "over-hyped Chinese player" model because he has already exceeded the expectations of doubters.

Now please just shut up already, go sit down, and play NBA Live, and shoot threes with Ben Wallace to keep you entertained.



wrong. Yao has deserved the overhyped label until the end of last year. He is the NBA's asian marketing marquee player. Ever since he entered the league the NBA has marketed him as one of the best players in the league when he wasnt. Hes FINALLY showing signs of living up to his expectations with some consistency, but its still early. Some of you Rocket fans need to take off those Rockets colored sunglasses and see reality.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #81
KobeLookLike2Pac
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
KobeLookLike2Pac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lurkville, USA
Posts: 163
KobeLookLike2Pac has an OK reputation so far
Default

Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

What's the major difference between them?


One has a billion homers backin him up.
KobeLookLike2Pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #82
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeLookLike2Pac
Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

What's the major difference between them?


One has a billion homers backin him up.
No. One plays on a possible contender and one plays on a lottery team.

Pretty simple.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #83
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeLookLike2Pac
Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

What's the major difference between them?


One has a billion homers backin him up.

Listen to the bullsht thats coming out of your mouth for second. You're comparing ZACH RANDOLPH to YAO MING.

ZACH RANDOLPH is the equivalent of YAO MING?!!?


I'm done with you, as should be every other true basketball fan reading this thread.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #84
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Listen to the bullsht thats coming out of your mouth for second. You're comparing ZACH RANDOLPH to YAO MING.

ZACH RANDOLPH is the equivalent of YAO MING?!!?


I'm done with you, as should be every other true basketball fan reading this thread.


Sorry but Yao Miing isnt that much better than Zach Randolph. In fact the only reason it seems that way is due to the marketing hype Yao gets. Dont act like the NBA doesnt market Yao like their premier player. Zach Randolph gets no commercials, no NBA marketing hype, but thats why hes a underated star. You dont sign $40 mill contracts if you suck.

I'd rather have Yao than Randolph but the distance between them isnt nearly as large as NBA media portrays or a Rockets fan wants to pretend.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:18 PM   #85
tenzan
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 167
tenzan has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeLookLike2Pac
Zach Randolph 27/10

Yao Ming 27/10

What's the major difference between them?

11% higher FG percentage and 1.4 more blocks per game
tenzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:19 PM   #86
eboloid
Flash Gordo
 
eboloid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: (FOLLOW THE BONG NOISES)
Posts: 378
eboloid has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
You dont sign $40 mill contracts if you suck.

(hahahaha)
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:21 PM   #87
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Sorry but Yao Miing isnt that much better than Zach Randolph. In fact the only reason it seems that way is due to the marketing hype Yao gets. Dont act like the NBA doesnt market Yao like their premier player. Zach Randolph gets no commercials, no NBA marketing hype, but thats why hes a underated star. You dont sign $40 mill contracts if you suck.

I'd rather have Yao than Randolph but the distance between them isnt nearly as large as NBA media portrays or a Rockets fan wants to pretend.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #88
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,285
Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboloid
(hahahaha)


Are you saying Zach Randolph sucks?

Do all of you just ride each others nuts in every thread?

I mean being a Rockets fan is one thing but just saying the same **** to agree with your board buddy's is ghey as ****.

This may shatter your worlds and everything you think you know about the NBA, but Yao is not that much better than Randolph, and Yao has been THE most overhyped player since he entered the L :rollingeyes:
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:40 PM   #89
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
You dont sign $40 mill contracts if you suck.
Adonal Foyle?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #90
JSub
Decent college freshman
 
JSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,372
JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Are you saying Zach Randolph sucks?

Do all of you just ride each others nuts in every thread?

I mean being a Rockets fan is one thing but just saying the same **** to agree with your board buddy's is ghey as ****.

This may shatter your worlds and everything you think you know about the NBA, but Yao is not that much better than Randolph, and Yao has been THE most overhyped player since he entered the L :rollingeyes:

You DO realize there are other posters defending Yao here who are NON-Rockets fans. And we all know for a fact Yao owns Zach in every way imaginable. Yao owns every center in the league and in the world. Did you forget he led the entire FIBA tournament in scoring?

And since when did a 27ppg, 10reb, 2 blks center become overhyped? How is Yao going to live up to "the hype"? Average 40ppg and 20 rebs? Name another center over 7'3 who's accomplished what Yao has accomplished. Name another international player who actually lived up to the expectations of a billion people. A man who represents not only the Rockets, but an entire country.

Just admit that you're a bitter Yao-hater who had his world SHATTERED when the sleeping giant finally woke up in the 2nd half of last season. Sorry, kiddo, but this man is for real and he's here to stay. The domination is FAR from over.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy