Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Omar Samhan

What's going on with the big man? Dominated the NCAA tourney and had a 21/11 senior season with 3 blocks. One of the more skilled big man in the post in the country. I saw he pulled out of the Portsmouth Invitational because of a groin injury and wasn't at the predraft measurements. He's had workouts with the Wizards and Heat, not sure who else. Is there a reason he's not showing up in mocks at all?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Omar Samhan

Cause he's unathletic and fat. He needs to get much faster/quicker to think about the NBA.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

He's lost 60 lbs since he's entered college and says he could lose more if asked. Just saying he's twice as skilled as some of the bigs you see in the 2nd round of these mocks. Caracter, Pittman, Ndiaye...can't speak on the Euros.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

If the Clippers weren't so deep up front (Kaman, Jordan, Blake + possibly Rhino, if he resigns, Sofo if he comes over and possibly #8), I wouldn't mind drafting him at #54, either Samhan or Art Parakhouski from Radford, who averaged 21/13 (granted it was against the Big South conference mainly)
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
He's lost 60 lbs since he's entered college and says he could lose more if asked.

Thats the issue right there. If he needs to be asked to lose weight or stay in shape, then he's an NBA liability, and a very good reason for not being the material that most teams are looking for.

I'm with you on the skill part on Omar, just not the overall work ethic. He'll play in the NBA, just don't see him going sooner than 26.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Thats the issue right there. If he needs to be asked to lose weight or stay in shape, then he's an NBA liability, and a very good reason for not being the material that most teams are looking for.

I'm with you on the skill part on Omar, just not the overall work ethic. He'll play in the NBA, just don't see him going sooner than 26.
I misquoted him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hjeuxrhuMM (4:48)

Quote:
"Pat Riley was like I dont know if your body type's going to work and that's kind of my selling point is like well, I've lost 60 pounds. And if you need me to lose another 60 I will if that's what it takes I just want to play basketball."
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: