Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
devin112
Local High School Star
 
devin112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,154
devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default pass or no pass?

if a bricklayer is spotting up at the 3 point line ready to shoot a three, he's open and clapping for the ball, what do u do? keep in mind he can't shoot worth shiet.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
Venom
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 298
Venom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: pass or no pass?

It depends. If we're winning and we can afford a turnover, I'd give it to him so he wouldn't whine later on. If we're losing and we're trying to catch up, I'd ignore him and do my best to score or help my teammates score.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
just chill
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
just chill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 21
just chill has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: pass or no pass?

depends if your confident your gonna make it or not
just chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:11 AM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic
 
Swaggin916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,596
Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: pass or no pass?

I'll give him the rock unless he really sucks. If he's hitting air and his shot looks ugly... I'll tell him to get under the basket and try to get boards because that's what will help the team. There is no point of him sitting out there if he can't shoot. Crash the boards... do something... shit I'm a good team player though I would never be an asshole about it.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:21 AM   #5
Underballer
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 325
Underballer is starting to rub some people the wrong wayUnderballer is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: pass or no pass?

lol
Underballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:23 AM   #6
Splitz77
Good High School Starter
 
Splitz77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 891
Splitz77 has decent reputation
Default Re: pass or no pass?

I'd give it to him, I always have confidence in my teammates. He'll hit it, I know he will.
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,751
Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: pass or no pass?

You know, I hate this situation, especially if I know the guy, but not well enough to give him a hard time. It seems pretty simple: horrible 3 point shooter wants you to pass him the ball so he can shoot a 3. Logic says absolutely do not pass that rock. But too often there seems to be more to it than that. Many players DO get disgruntled, even if they acknowledge they're not getting the ball because they're horrible. Judgement is passed, I become the bad guy, everyone loses.

Way too often, I make that pass because I want people to know that I'm willing to pass. Above all, there's many instances I'm on a team where, if I withheld passes because I didn't have faith in my teammates' ability, I'd hang onto the ball all game. Sometimes you just have to feed those bad dudes just to keep them happy.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
devin112
Local High School Star
 
devin112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,154
devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: pass or no pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
You know, I hate this situation, especially if I know the guy, but not well enough to give him a hard time. It seems pretty simple: horrible 3 point shooter wants you to pass him the ball so he can shoot a 3. Logic says absolutely do not pass that rock. But too often there seems to be more to it than that. Many players DO get disgruntled, even if they acknowledge they're not getting the ball because they're horrible. Judgement is passed, I become the bad guy, everyone loses.

Way too often, I make that pass because I want people to know that I'm willing to pass. Above all, there's many instances I'm on a team where, if I withheld passes because I didn't have faith in my teammates' ability, I'd hang onto the ball all game. Sometimes you just have to feed those bad dudes just to keep them happy.

Great points. Lots of facets to this problem. Some guys are just black holes, they shoot every time they get their hands on the ball. Good ball movement is critical, so I love passing but if they're a black hole and can't shot... that's a problem.

I played in a league a couple of years ago and had this guy who kept crying for the ball, when he was within his range I feed him. If he was out of his range, I denied him the ball. Of course every time down he cried for the ball and of course his girlfriend came up to me at half time and demanded I pass him the ball.

I just hate it when they clap their hands and insistently call for the ball every time down.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:43 AM   #9
Underballer
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 325
Underballer is starting to rub some people the wrong wayUnderballer is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: pass or no pass?

starface
Underballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #10
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic
 
Swaggin916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,596
Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: pass or no pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin112
Great points. Lots of facets to this problem. Some guys are just black holes, they shoot every time they get their hands on the ball. Good ball movement is critical, so I love passing but if they're a black hole and can't shot... that's a problem.

I played in a league a couple of years ago and had this guy who kept crying for the ball, when he was within his range I feed him. If he was out of his range, I denied him the ball. Of course every time down he cried for the ball and of course his girlfriend came up to me at half time and demanded I pass him the ball.

I just hate it when they clap their hands and insistently call for the ball every time down.

I would have laughed in her face How embarrassing.

Black Holes will never get the ball from me. People who dribble too much will never get the ball from me. People who cherry pick and don't play D will never get the ball from me.

If you don't do any of those, then I'll be glad to give you the ball. If you can't play team basketball, I don't like you
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #11
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish
 
Fallguy20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bangin' in your boombox
Posts: 3,992
Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: pass or no pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitz77
I'd give it to him, I always have confidence in my teammates. He'll hit it, I know he will.

This, except im just praying he hits it. If he doesnt then meh, I was a team player and you cant fault me for that.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #12
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,751
Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: pass or no pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
I would have laughed in her face How embarrassing.

Black Holes will never get the ball from me. People who dribble too much will never get the ball from me. People who cherry pick and don't play D will never get the ball from me.

If you don't do any of those, then I'll be glad to give you the ball. If you can't play team basketball, I don't like you
Yeah, that girlfriend thing is something I've thankfully never encountered before. Embarrassing indeed.

And maybe I need to work on getting meaner. As it stands now, I'll often pass the ball to a player who surely doesn't need it or deserve it and I'll secretly begin to rage inside about how horrible they are and how I won't be getting the ball back regardless of how open I am next to the bucket. I really do think it's an unfortunate consequence of playing with guys I sort of know, but not well enough to be a jerk and feel okay about it.

I will say at least, I also do not reward the cherry pickers and I do not try to front on that. If they're wide open because they're just chilling down court not playing defense, I'll give them a casual look then dissapointingly look away as if he's hurt me inside by not retreating on D.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #13
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic
 
Swaggin916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,596
Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: pass or no pass?

Quote:


I will say at least, I also do not reward the cherry pickers and I do not try to front on that. If they're wide open because they're just chilling down court not playing defense, I'll give them a casual look then dissapointingly look away as if he's hurt me inside by not retreating on D.

I just look at them like they are retarded
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #14
Sticks
Serious playground baller
 
Sticks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Enschede
Posts: 437
Sticks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: pass or no pass?

I always pretend they are a defender, fake them out and take it hard myself.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #15
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic
 
Swaggin916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,596
Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: pass or no pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks
I always pretend they are a defender, fake them out and take it hard myself.


Haha that's just cold man
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy