Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #31
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
I guess. Just nothing like bad or nasty.

it wont be bad or nasty
Old 11-13-2006, 09:35 PM   #32
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
If I had to bet a $20 bill on anyone to win this years Super Bowl at this very moment it would be the Chargers.

Call it a hunch but they feel like a Super Bowl winner to me.

I dont wanna jinxs it but me too. I love the Chargers and they seem like they are coming together quiet nicely. They seem pretty good and if they can keep scoring 40-50 points a game and there defense is good but we need merriman back. And if all that happens Im hoping a Superbowl for us that would be a great confidence builder for Philip Rivers.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:36 PM   #33
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki41MFFL
it wont be bad or nasty

K cool. Just checking. So may the best man win.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:45 PM   #34
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

[quote=Cool]I dont think they will. I think the Chargers will Win. Chargers have a great defense.[quote]

I think they'll win, but then again, I have expected them to win every game since their 12-4 season. Charger defense hasn't been great lately due to injuries, and their secondary was a joke against the Bengals. They'll also be without Merriman, and probably without Castillo. Castillo is also a huge loss.

It all depends on Rivers now. Broncos have always stacked the box against the Chargers, so it's up to Rivers to make good quick decisions. He's proven he can handle the blitz, but Broncos have a great defense...and how many INT's does Champ Bailey have in the redzone this season?

Slot LT as a WR several times, bring in Turner at RB...have Rivers beat the blitz, and Chargers should win.

Last edited by AKA AAP : 11-13-2006 at 09:49 PM.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:25 PM   #35
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
I think they'll win, but then again, I have expected them to win every game since their 12-4 season. Charger defense hasn't been great lately due to injuries, and their secondary was a joke against the Bengals. They'll also be without Merriman, and probably without Castillo. Castillo is also a huge loss.

It all depends on Rivers now. Broncos have always stacked the box against the Chargers, so it's up to Rivers to make good quick decisions. He's proven he can handle the blitz, but Broncos have a great defense...and how many INT's does Champ Bailey have in the redzone this season?

Slot LT as a WR several times, bring in Turner at RB...have Rivers beat the blitz, and Chargers should win.

Thats a pretty accurate assesment on what might happen. But anyways Castillo might play. And leave LT at running back, and move him sometimes to WR and have GATES in most plays because he is tall and he has great moves. And your right if Philip Rivers beats the blitz which I feel he will. He should have a pretty good game. And LT I think will have 3 or 4 touchdowns and hopefully Rivers comes with 2 or 3 passing touchdowns and that will be a good game for the chargers and our defense has to step up. And then they have a good chance to win.

Last edited by Cool : 11-13-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:22 PM   #36
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

What does everybody else think it will take for the Chargers to beat the Broncos? And what do you think our record will be at the end of the season? And are we legitimate contenders for a Superbowl Title? I want to hear all your opnions on all those questions that I just asked.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:47 PM   #37
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Of course the Chargers are contenders, I expect the Chargers to go undefeated once Merriman comes back all the way to the Superbowl. I have been pretty impressed with Rivers' maturity.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:49 PM   #38
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Chargers vs. Ravens in the AFC Game.

And this year, the undefeated Colts will fall to no other than the Dallas Cowboys.

Sizzle, don't make me laugh, dallas won't beat the colts.

Ellis out for the year? that sucks man just like lavar out for the year same injury
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:29 AM   #39
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
What does everybody else think it will take for the Chargers to beat the Broncos? And what do you think our record will be at the end of the season? And are we legitimate contenders for a Superbowl Title? I want to hear all your opnions on all those questions that I just asked.

Does anybody else want to give there opnion about these questions I asked?
Old 11-14-2006, 01:27 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Denver might take this game being at home. SD is gonna have to use that offense that avg 33ppg and duplicsate the Colts@Denver game. Can they? Tomilson doesnt have good games vs Denver AT Mile High. Rivers is inexperienced in the Mile High enviroment and last week SD should have lost thanks to that mental breakdown by the Benals. 42pts 2nd half? Should be a good game. I think SD is the 2nd best AFC team but i cant sleep on the Ravens who quietly are having a good yr backed with a menacing defense.

SD needs Merriman, since his suspension the team has been giving over 21ppg.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:23 PM   #41
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Denver might take this game being at home. SD is gonna have to use that offense that avg 33ppg and duplicsate the Colts@Denver game. Can they? Tomilson doesnt have good games vs Denver AT Mile High. Rivers is inexperienced in the Mile High enviroment and last week SD should have lost thanks to that mental breakdown by the Benals. 42pts 2nd half? Should be a good game. I think SD is the 2nd best AFC team but i cant sleep on the Ravens who quietly are having a good yr backed with a menacing defense.

SD needs Merriman, since his suspension the team has been giving over 21ppg.

Quote:

Thats a pretty good assesment of what migh the happen. Does anybody else have an opnion on those questions I asked. Please I would love to hear all your opnions.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #42
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
They have excellent talent, but Shanahan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marty.
dirty dozen, naughty rotten rhymer
cursin' at you players worse than Marty Schottenheimer
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #43
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What does everybody else think it will take for the Chargers to beat the Broncos?

Defense, Defense, and special teams. Oakland played good D vs Denver but the offense sold them out bigtime. SD doesnt have the D like Oakland so maybe they might wanna go with the Colts route and simply get in a shoot out, scoring fest? Rivers aint bad for a rookie (well thats what he is basically) but he is no Manning with Wayne/Harrison either.

I just dont think SD getting a win there is gonna happen. So i cant say what they need to do. Gotta force Plummer to make turnovers and capitlize off them by scoring.

Quote:
And what do you think our record will be at the end of the season?

12-4

Quote:
And are we legitimate contenders for a Superbowl Title?

Not sure...Rivers inexperience in the postseason scares me. And while Merriman has been a monster that D overall needs to improve come postseason. Gotta stop teams from scoring. I dont see them beating the Colts if they meet. And if Denver has homefield advantage dont see them winning there. I'd say SB contenders because i rank them high but you got Ravens, Broncos there too. Ehhhh they are but how serioues in terms of winning it? I say they are the Phx Suns of the West last season via playoffs. Get far but not to the SB.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:53 PM   #44
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

I like that prediction. But denver only score 17 points vs a bad oakland team. There playing a Charger team whos offense is one of the best in the league and scores 40-50 points a game if they score 30 or 40 we still win the game. Because of how good our offense is and all the weapons we have on the offensive side. Also our defense is pretty good but we are missing a couple guys. Like Merriman, Foley and another linebacker. But once our defense is healthy and if our offense keeps going like it is. We are gonna be one of the best teams in the NFL. And I think then we will have a legit chance for ths superbowl this year. But we are defiently coming together quiet nicely. Anybody else agree with me?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:43 PM   #45
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

Quote:
Because of how good our offense is and all the weapons we have on the offensive side.

Yeah he's got some weapons. Wouldn't it be sweet to come in as a rookie with the best running back and arguably the best TE in football?

It's gonna come down to how he handles the pressure that is the playoffs. He doesn't need to be huge, just needs to make some plays and not turn the ball over. He does that? they have as good a shot as anyone in the AFC to advance to the superbowl.

Last edited by Carbine : 11-14-2006 at 07:45 PM.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: