Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-14-2006, 11:34 PM   #46
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Yeah he's got some weapons. Wouldn't it be sweet to come in as a rookie with the best running back and arguably the best TE in football?

It's gonna come down to how he handles the pressure that is the playoffs. He doesn't need to be huge, just needs to make some plays and not turn the ball over. He does that? they have as good a shot as anyone in the AFC to advance to the superbowl.

Yes I agree. But Philip has kind of shown a sign of a calm and poised quarterback, Sunday vs the bengals. I heard that when hey were down by 21 he was walking up and down the sidelines telling his teammates were gonna win this game, keep your heads up. And he kept telling them I am gonna lead us to victory, just leave it up to me and lets win this thing. And that did show me he is a great leader and they believe in him. And that also shows me he had trust in his team and he was very calm and under control. I dont think any rookie would have done we he did. Does anybody agree with me?
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #47
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

All I know is, the two people ahead of me who picked Shawn Alexander and Larry Johnson before LT must be feeling preetty stupid right now.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:42 PM   #48
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
All I know is, the two people ahead of me who picked Shawn Alexander and Larry Johnson before LT must be feeling preetty stupid right now.

Not really. You didnt predict Shaun would get hurt and Tomilson would be this dominant. Stop calling him LT.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:47 PM   #49
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Then I will be forced to refer to you as Return of God of Basketball. You're known as Gobb around here, spelling it out just doesn't sound right.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:07 AM   #50
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Not really. You didnt predict Shaun would get hurt and Tomilson would be this dominant. Stop calling him LT.

But everybody does know and has been saying Tomlinson is the best player in the game. And personally he deserves MVP over Peyton. For the reason without him this Charger team is nothing and thats what the MVP is all about. A MOST VALUABLE PERSON to your team. So I think this year the award goes to him. And I am not saying this Charger team is not good. But I am just saying he is making a big contrubition for this team. Because I am a Charger Fan. What Do you all think?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:34 AM   #51
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

Quote:
For the reason without him this Charger team is nothing and thats what the MVP is all about.

Homerism.

The Chargers are a .500 football team without Tomlinson - mind you, they have Turner, a very solid running back to take his place.

The Colts without Peyton are just brutal. He's led the team to numerous comebacks this season, he basically has pressure on him to score every possesion because the defense can't hold it down.

They go 2-14 or 3-13 this year without Peyton. He means everything to that team.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:00 AM   #52
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All Charger fans (yes all of you who started rooting since last year) need to realize that they will never win a Super Bowl and that they will be getting the f*ck out of SD soon.

If Dan Foutes couldn't win one for them (he is a great QB that played for the chargers in the 70's just in case you one year fans didn't know) then they will never win.

crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:54 PM   #53
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
All Charger fans (yes all of you who started rooting since last year) need to realize that they will never win a Super Bowl and that they will be getting the f*ck out of SD soon.

If Dan Foutes couldn't win one for them (he is a great QB that played for the chargers in the 70's just in case you one year fans didn't know) then they will never win.

Don tell me your calling me a bandwanger. I am not. I have loved the Chargers since the last time they went to the superbowl vs the 49ers. When we lost to them 49-26. I love the Chargers. Even when they were losing I was with them. I am that kind of fan. For every team I root for, no joke. I aint a fan who goes from team to team. I stay with my team through the good and the bad. And yes I know about the greats that San Diego have. Like the great Dan Foutes, Stan humphries, Kellen Winslow Senior, Chuck Allen and Lance Alworth, etc... I know about my team. So dont question if I am a fan or not. And I always have hope and faith like every good fan should have(you probably dont know what that means). Not tryin to start anything. But I am just saying I dont like to be called something I am not.

Last edited by Cool : 11-15-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #54
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Homerism.

The Chargers are a .500 football team without Tomlinson - mind you, they have Turner, a very solid running back to take his place.

The Colts without Peyton are just brutal. He's led the team to numerous comebacks this season, he basically has pressure on him to score every possesion because the defense can't hold it down.

They go 2-14 or 3-13 this year without Peyton. He means everything to that team.

That is a very good pont. But I just think LT is agreat contributor. And I agree with you without Peyton the Colts do suck(nothing against your team or you). But Tomlinson is a great player on and off the field and I think personally, it should go to both players because how valuable they are to there teams. So it should be a co-MVP. Becuase they both deserve the award.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:17 PM   #55
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Does anybody know why this thread got moved over here. Because there is other OT threads and they did not get moved.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:52 PM   #56
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

So anyways is anbody gonna watch the Sunday Night Football Game. The Chargers Vs Broncos?
Old 11-16-2006, 12:23 AM   #57
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Most people will, I pick Denver but I would love for SD to win it...I know Carolina is my team but I got love for Oakland and SD...always want them to do well.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:51 AM   #58
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Most people will, I pick Denver but I would love for SD to win it...I know Carolina is my team but I got love for Oakland and SD...always want them to do well.

I do think this game will be great. It will be very tough to because its in Denver and it is very hard to play in Denver. But I think the Chargers will win because they have a great team.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:25 AM   #59
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

What do you all think it will take for the Chargers to beat the Broncos? And what do you think our record will be at the end of the season? And are we legitimate contenders for a Superbowl Title?

What do you all think of those questions I asked?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:55 AM   #60
illexclusiv
I airball my layups

illexclusiv has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey

Yeah mannn, I picked LT as the first pick overall in my draft and everybody in the room basically said that was a dumb move. They had jokes for days...but with my team in first, that silenced all the haters!!!
illexclusiv is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: