Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
NoLayupsRule2

Default Simple High School Football Equipment question....

do you need to wear padded shirts in order to play? Or is it just girdles? I know you need to have girdles, but what about the padded shirts to wear underneath the pads? I don't want to show up without a padded shirt and then be un-eligible to practice/play.

Last edited by NoLayupsRule2 : 06-04-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Simple High School Football Equipment question....

I doubt it, I don't think padded shirts were around when I was in school (the 90s)

I would think that any pads, even the girdles, will be something that is given to you or explained to you when you show up.

in other words, unless they told you otherwise, I would show up the first day with nothing at all...

the coaches will tell you what you will need to purchase in order to play/practice...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
NoLayupsRule2

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
I doubt it, I don't think padded shirts were around when I was in school (the 90s)

I would think that any pads, even the girdles, will be something that is given to you or explained to you when you show up.

in other words, unless they told you otherwise, I would show up the first day with nothing at all...

the coaches will tell you what you will need to purchase in order to play/practice...
I'm not positive, he gave us a sheet filled with stuff we could buy....cleats, girdles, gloves, padded shirts, etc. I'm not sure if he said it was a requirement to buy all of them, but I am kind of curious. It would be expensive as hell if I bought all of it and I'm already thinking of ways to compromise my mom to buy it. Probably ask to do chores around the house or something.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLayupsRule2
I'm not positive, he gave us a sheet filled with stuff we could buy....cleats, girdles, gloves, padded shirts, etc. I'm not sure if he said it was a requirement to buy all of them, but I am kind of curious. It would be expensive as hell if I bought all of it and I'm already thinking of ways to compromise my mom to buy it. Probably ask to do chores around the house or something.
yeah cleats and gloves are a given I guess...but even those may require a color scheme (probably not though)

I don't know what to tell you dude...wish I could help more

if you have any friends playing then call them and see what they are doing...
Old 06-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the only real requirement for you to get is cleats. You can get gloves, flak jacket/rib protector, arm pads, visor, etc... if you want them.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
NoLayupsRule2

Quote:
yeah cleats and gloves are a given I guess...but even those may require a color scheme (probably not though)

I don't know what to tell you dude...wish I could help more

if you have any friends playing then call them and see what they are doing...
Yeah, a couple of kids in my science class I usually talk to about football. That's about it though, I'm too smart to be in the same class as other football players.

And No, cleats and gloves are not given, we have to buy them....Last year an NFL player (not going to name) gave us free cleats because he was sponsored by a company, right now they don't know much about his contract.

I think Shoulder pads and helmets are the only given, at least for now.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #7
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My school gives out everything besides the stuff that isn't really needed(sort of). Only things the player has to buy is Cleats, gloves(if he wants), a cup(if he wants), and any other fancy shit like arm bads or w/e.

We got everything for free(helmet, shoulder pads, pads, pants, girdle, belt, the mouth thing which I forgot it's name, etc)
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pretty sure everything but cleats and glove were given at my school (didnt play football). You could buy cleats through the school tho for cheap.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:39 PM   #9
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

a girdle? wtf are we talking about?

Does he mean a jock strap?
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #10
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's talking about a football girdle. It's the thing you put the hip pads and butt pad in.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:03 AM   #11
NoLayupsRule2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Pretty sure everything but cleats and glove were given at my school (didnt play football). You could buy cleats through the school tho for cheap.
Yeah the equipment sold at our school was cheaper than our other local Sport stores. Still, it's expensive as shit anyways. Anyways, back on topic, is a padded T-Shirt required in order to play football?

For those of you who played High School, College, or whatever type football, did you wear one and were you required to wear one, it doesn't matter whether they school gave it to you or not, did you have to wear one?
Old 06-05-2010, 02:55 AM   #12
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

I ment cleats and gloves are "A" given, as in it is a given that you will need to buy those things yourself...

I was saying that you might even want to wait on those though, if they would prefer you to buy a certain color scheme, but I doubt most high schools care about that.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:26 AM   #13
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cups aren't important until you get whacked in the nuts. Definitely get one.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:08 AM   #14
NoLayupsRule2

Quote:
I ment cleats and gloves are "A" given, as in it is a given that you will need to buy those things yourself...

I was saying that you might even want to wait on those though, if they would prefer you to buy a certain color scheme, but I doubt most high schools care about that.
Actually yeah, they told me that they want us to just have the school colors and that's the only requirement..

Anyways, look at the post above yours...

For those of you who played High School, College, or whatever type football, did you wear one and were you required to wear one, it doesn't matter whether they school gave it to you or not, did you have to wear one?
Old 06-05-2010, 04:32 AM   #15
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLayupsRule2
Actually yeah, they told me that they want us to just have the school colors and that's the only requirement..

Anyways, look at the post above yours...

I played all the way through Jr. High...which was 9th grade here, and I never saw padded shirts on anyone...if they even existed then I didn't even know about it...

I am sure every school is different and has different rules and regulations, but my guess would be NO, you aren't going to need padded shirts...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: