Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-18-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Grizzledrook has an OK reputation so far
Default Pau to get some much needed booz

The grizzlies are now in talks to get carlos boozer of the jazz.He would be a big help to grizz,for obvious reasons.He would immediately come in as the second best player.Pau would finally have help on the block to rebound and be a force on both ends.They would then just need a decent point guard that can run and an atheletic explosive two or three,and they might be able to win some playoff games.
Grizzledrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #2
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

The should sign Vince Carter in '07 when he's a FA. Vince/Pau=Wow!
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
Iskrah
I hit open layups

Iskrah has an OK reputation so far

"Decent" help won't get the Grizzlies much farther. They are 2 considerable steps behind the big names...
Iskrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:18 PM   #4
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Who are they talking about giving up for Boozer.

Miller
Cardinal

For

Boozer

The Deal works under the CBA. Wonder what the Jazz will want in return.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:27 PM   #5
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

This is an interesting move...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #6
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation

Boozer could be a good upgrade, but it depends on who they give up for him. They would better try to get a reliable center, if there is still anyone out there.
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #7
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm sure Eddie Jones would be involved in any deal for Carlos Boozer.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Best defensive team in the nba? no more.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #9
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Eddie Jone make to much to be involved with this deal. If he was the Jazz would have to give up another player in this deal. I still think it will be a Miller + Filler for Boozer. Cardinal make the most sence as the filler because his contract makes this deal work. MAybe the Jazz will want a pick or Hakim.

Still seems like a wierd deal why would a defencive team want to force Pau or Boozer to gaurd centers.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #10
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Boozer sucks.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:06 PM   #11
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

I dont think boozer sucks,he is kenyon martin with out the thug attitude.My problem with him ,is his health he has been hurt every year. But when he was healthy him and andrei play great together.Booz is a duke built player who plays for the teams needs not his own.Like the move,but at this point I will take anybody here in memphis that is not another damn role player or ''really good guy off the court''.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:12 PM   #12
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

no, Boozer most definitely sucks. Kmart is a good defensive player, at least. Mediocre offense and good rebounding isn't enough to make you a good player. Anybody can do what Boozer does offensively. Troy Murphy for example. While being less of an injury risk and not as much of an overpaid liability.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #13
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Kenyon and Booze are not alike. Boozer is a better rebounder and a more consistent scorer. Kenyon is a wayyyyyyyyyyy better defender and role player. He moves well off the ball and is never a liability, which cannot be said about Carlos.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #14
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Wonder what the Jazz will want in return.
White people, so yea... you're deal would work.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:27 PM   #15
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

When I say the same player I mean they are both intimidating pf's.They are both in your face talk **** with there dunks kinda guys.Kenyon has gotten a more consistent jumper over the last two years,but he is still a liability in the locker room.He was seen make fun of alonzo for not beign able to run cause of his injury.Thats just kenyon though he is an immature out of control player.Look back to the playoffs he was banned cause he probably talked **** about his team for losing.He is overpaid for what he brings.However he is good on both ends a great leaper,fast moves on post, nice ball handling, shot is not that bad,and has good hands.He is better then boozer I agree but in terms of style there alot alike.I would take both guys on my team over the talent that the grizz have in terms of centers and forwards.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: