Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far
Default Hello Avery

Avery Johnson new coachhhhh. Great signing imo. Good first step
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Hello Avery

How much better of a coach is Avery than Frank?

I'm all for the signing, I'm just thinking out loud.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
taibien86
I hit open layups

taibien86 has an OK reputation so far

In averys 3.5 years with the mavs he had a .735 winning percentage, highest of any coach in league history (Phil has .705). That doesn't mean too much to me though bc he was handed a top five team.

I don't know how well this will work out for us but I know free agents won't be enthusiastic to play for the little general.
taibien86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:26 AM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
How much better of a coach is Avery than Frank?
i liked AJ a lot when he added instant defense to the mavs, turning them into legit contenders. because after years of peaking under nelson, that was certainly impressive to see.

but i liked him a lot less when he badly misused kidd after the big trade and it turned out that half of the mavs players couldn't stand him by that point, anyway. truth be told, i couldn't stand his speaking voice either after watching him do his sportscaster thing- he has one of the most obnoxious and irritating voices i've ever heard on a human being.

on the positive side, AJ will hopefully light a fire under harris' ass, getting the dude to play real defense for the first time in years. also, he is probably just an intermediate coach, whose main function will likely be to keep the team, particularly the young players, on their toes for the next couple of years. but when he and the team hit their ceiling shortly after that, i expect a much better coach to be installed, one who can take the nets all the way to the trophy. and frankly, the situation should be perfect to attract one, with the new arena finally ready and a promising roster on offer.

as for AJ versus frank,
frank is certainly a better pure basketball coach IMO, but AJ has some things that frank doesn't have, namely that he's black, is a former player, and is half-crazy. and in a league filled with half-crazy super-athletes from the inner cities, that's a very, very good starting point...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:37 AM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetIncome
CDR's tweet on hearing that Johnson was named coach: "NO COMMENT".

I cannot imagine him being a Net beyond June 30.
bwahahahaha

goodbye, cancer in the locker room who already thought he was the second coming of moses. ("teams are lining up to sign me. i averaged 17 ppg as a starter!")
Old 06-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Wait CDR actually tweeted that??

Wow trade his ass we dont need guys like that on our team and he's not even that good.

Frank was a great coach just caught in a bad situation. I think Avery will do a great job with our team. He may be a drill sergeant but honestly thats what they need a tough coach who doesnt take any crap. He'll help get Harris back to all star status as well as Brook. Good hire IMO
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Doesn't Devin Harris HATE Avery Johnson? Plus you guys are forgetting Avery runs a 24 second offense. Harris needs to run and gun. That's half the reason he didn't succeed in dallas.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Doesn't Devin Harris HATE Avery Johnson?
that's what i thought for awhile after the trade, but since then, harris has been consistently positive about AJ. because, yes, harris may have been on a leash under AJ, but there is no question that harris grew under the dude as well, and is able to remember and appreciate that.

Quote:
Plus you guys are forgetting Avery runs a 24 second offense. Harris needs to run and gun. That's half the reason he didn't succeed in dallas.
that makes no difference to me. we spent one whole season with harris as the focal point of the offense, and after teams adjusted, it went nowhere.

so what harris wants at this point is immaterial to me. because as a supposed NBA point guard, it's going to be his job to set up his teammates, beginning with lopez. the days of him doing whatever he wanted were already over last season...
Old 06-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #9
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

From what i see Harris likes the signing. He is attending Avery's conference.
I think it is a good signing for Harris and Will. Avery is a former PG and should make Harris a way better player.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #10
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh okay good. Maybe they'll trade him for a better Avery guy anyways. I think part of the reason why he can't be the focal point is he's not a good jumpshooter. I don't think he's bad, or that it couldn't come in time. He's just not on par with where he should be IF you want to run an offense around him. I'm just glad they get along. Maybe Avery just had rookie hate for him.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Oh okay good. Maybe they'll trade him for a better Avery guy anyways. I think part of the reason why he can't be the focal point is he's not a good jumpshooter. I don't think he's bad, or that it couldn't come in time. He's just not on par with where he should be IF you want to run an offense around him.
i'm with you on that. i think harris' best NBA position is being an instant-offense combo guard off the bench... which is why i'm still hoping that the nets can snag turner somehow.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #12
Rose
Moon Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i'm with you on that. i think harris' best NBA position is being an instant-offense combo guard off the bench... which is why i'm still hoping that the nets can snag turner somehow.

I think he totally could have a better jumpshot if he decides he wanted to improve on it. hell Avery might make him improve on it. Not satisfied with Courtney Lee and CDR I take it?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #13
wizfiz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

wizfiz has an OK reputation so far

Hopefully Avery can get Devin Harris back to the way he was playing before this year.
wizfiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #14
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Wish they trade devin harris to the lakers
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #15
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizfiz
Hopefully Avery can get Devin Harris back to the way he was playing before this year.
I remember reading on Netsdaily.com that Avery wants Devin to be the defensive guru he was before.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: