Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #16
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Default Re: "New" Mortal Kombat Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
That's exactly the direction that MK is going in right now. What makes you think it's not going in that direction from what you watched? It clearly is, and Ed Boon keeps stressing that.

EDIT: Watch this video all the way through.(Everyone for that matter, should watch this video. First video demoing the game)http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6266626...7#toggle_video

You have the wrong impression of the game, completely. The character movement looks fluid. It's darker than ever and definitely for the mature audience.
Yes it is more darker, but still borderline ridiculous. That new video you posted actually highlighted some of the things I don't like.

That sub-zero attack where in he impales scorpion with an ice sword and then magically scorpion still comes out fighting. How "realistic" is that?

Also, there this whole crushing your liver thing. The guys playing the video actually chuckled a bit when it happened. I'm pretty sure if someone crushed your liver you won't be able to get up. Don't get me wrong, I do like the whole "internal damage" thing and I feel it fits well with the fighting engine which I think is superior and fits the "realistic" road. But there are some things that MK does that makes me not want to take them seriously.

The fatality reel looks great. Again, I'm saying they're headed in the right direction but their not just there yet.

I think Johnny Cage's chest tatoo sums it up. Getting a tatoo doesn't automatically make you edgy and darker, sometimes it makes you look stupid.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #17
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Yes it is more darker, but still borderline ridiculous. That new video you posted actually highlighted some of the things I don't like.

That sub-zero attack where in he impales scorpion with an ice sword and then magically scorpion still comes out fighting. How "realistic" is that?

Also, there this whole crushing your liver thing. The guys playing the video actually chuckled a bit when it happened. I'm pretty sure if someone crushed your liver you won't be able to get up. Don't get me wrong, I do like the whole "internal damage" thing and I feel it fits well with the fighting engine which I think is superior and fits the "realistic" road. But there are some things that MK does that makes me not want to take them seriously.

It's a fighting game. What fun would it be to get hit with a sword once and that be the end to the game everytime? Since when did video games have to simulate real life completely to be great? This paragraph you wrote is pretty ridiculous. It's Mortal Kombat, man. Of course it's not completely serious to real life standards, as it seems you expect. For MK, this is as "serious" as it should get.

I don't think fighting games are for you.

Quote:
I think Johnny Cage's chest tatoo sums it up. Getting a tatoo doesn't automatically make you edgy and darker, sometimes it makes you look stupid.

So, Johnny Cage's tattoo is even bothering you? That's weak, man.

Last edited by Undisputed : 06-20-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:56 PM   #18
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
It's Mortal Kombat, man. Of course it's not completely serious to real life standards, as it seems you expect. For MK, this is as "serious" as it should get.
This about sums it up.
Quote:
I don't think fighting games are for you.
As a matter of fact I do. I like the Tekken series and the SF series. Like MK, they do have their own flaws and good points.
Quote:
So, Johnny Cage's tattoo is even bothering you? That's weak, man.
No not really, I just cited it as an example of how MK tried to go the dark and edgy way only to come up a little short.

Just an example, look at Arkham Asylum. That's an example of a game which is so dark and mature yet you can't really take seriously. A superhero in a bat costume? Sure bud. But the way the game lets you crack skulls and delve further into the Joker's psyche, that's about as dark and mature as you can get.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #19
Zak

So when does this game come out?
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: