Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Mock draft game (vote for each pick)

We'll do the other draft game too that InspiredLebowski has become a master at, but this one we did last year. This game was actually set up by Maniak so I'll PM him to see if he has interest in doing it this year. Once the order has been set, we'll start to vote on who should be picked #1. When that vote has been set we'll move on to a vote for #2. You can base your picks on team need, best player available, players you believe can't be passed on, etc. Here's examples from when we did it last year:

Originial thread (#1 pick)
#6 pick thread
#10 pick thread
ROFL at this guy picking Maynor

So you see how it goes. We'll wait until the draft lottery to start but wanted to get people aware.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:45 AM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mock draft game (vote for each pick)

Who woulda had more value to the Clippers this year, Griffin, or Steph Curry's mom?

I'm psychic.

Anyway, I'll post what I know. Even though this is gonna be one of those drafts people look back at in 5 years or so and say "WTF?" Pick 10 or so and all the way through the first couple picks of the second round are so close it's nuts.

And if you draft Hassan Whiteside, you are a dumbass.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn I really forgot I made that idea up. I think I copied it from another forum

Im down for it again, although Im really busy so I wont be able to run the threads, but I'll parcipipate
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And we can start this. I would put a thread in the main NBA forum but instead I'm going to PM guys who are more knowledgeable to come in here and vote. If the votes start lacking then I'll get more people.

WIZARDS ON THE CLOCK
Old 05-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So basically just name the player I think Wizards should take?

Wizards go John Wall here.

Trouble star guard Gilbert Arenas will be replaced by a younger, fresher face in John Wall. Moving Gilbert will be tough given his contract. And Wash may have to consider eating some deals in order to move him. But John Wall is the right step for the franchise.

Last edited by GOBB : 05-18-2010 at 09:19 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, only 30 days to prepare?

Washington goes Wall here, no doubt.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #7
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Luke Harangody.

But seriously, John Wall.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Wall.

And I'm expecting these first 2 picks to go by fast, the fun part comes at pick #3. But if you want to add how you feel about Wall that would spice it up a bit.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #9
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn I feel out of the loop, didn't even know the lotto went down

John Wall, for obvious reasons.

I would just like to say I'd rather Wall somewhere else. I could only dream of him in Toronto
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not a really good environment for someone you want being pass first:

Gilbert Arenas
Nick Young
Randy Foye [garbage]
Josh Howard

Nah, man, you gotta shoot!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #11
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

My feeling on Wall is that he is a can't miss prospect. I'll say again what I said in a couple other threads. Remember when people were comparing Rose/Beasley to the Kidd/Hill draft? I didn't feel that way about them but I feel that way about Wall/Turner. And I'd rather have the Kidd. There's going to be a lot of moving in that Wizards backcourt and one way or another they're going to have Wall and Arenas starting together. Arenas isn't going anywhere as of yet and Wall isn't coming off the bench.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Vote:

Wall-5
The rest-0

But I'll let everyone have their say on Wall and then we'll continue on to #2.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Any chance Philly trades this pick?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Any chance Philly trades this pick?

Not unless you're taking on Brand contract with it while giving the Sixers back a good player in return.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Pipe dreams. I love your squad, but some bad contracts. You guys need a less-idiotic shot-blocking big. Brand is hot garbage, too.

I'm thinking a defensive center is your biggest need, but are you satisfied with Holiday? I'm thinking he's more of a backup right now. He's a great defender, I just question his ability to run a half-court offense.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: