Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-14-2006, 04:07 AM   #1
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

Default Details on Vince McMahon’s Backstage Behavior; A Problem Once Again

Apparently Vince McMahon’s backstage behavior has become an issue once again. Those close to the situation say that Vince is more erratic then ever lately and he has been increasingly moody and unpredictable. The people that said that he could not get any worse last year say that he has gotten worse.

One source said, "He has everyone on edge because you never know what Vince is going to show up...”

http://rajah.com/base/node/6735
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:50 AM   #2
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

I suppose every wrestler is, but is Vince on roids?
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
I was about to say the same thing, what ever happened to stephani and shane mcmahon? Do they still exist?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:27 PM   #4
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

If you some of you remember back in the early 90s, Vince McMahon went on trial for distributing steroids to his wrestlers (later finding out that Hulk Hogan was one of those wrestlers), he admitted that he did steroids. A matter of fact, if you back on some old WWF clips from back in the day, he's been that big, at the least the last 25-30 years, going back to when he was only an announcer.

You gotta say though that it's probably roid rage as to why he's acting the way he is. It's pretty much like the Mr. McMahon character on TV is a carbon-copy of the real life Mr. McMahon. Also, if you remember the HBO Real Sports he did a couple years ago where he slapped the papers from the reporter and almost attacked the reporter.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #5
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Ask me your wwe questions folks!

Quote:

Wrong on the first bit. WWE has measures to stop the use of steroids, one of them being a wellness program or something like that. Chris Masters was found in violation of the program or w/e it is and was suspended for awhile. He stopped using steroids and returned maybe around 2 months ago. Many wrestlers have spoken out against steroid use, although no names are mentioned by them.

On the second, I don't know this as a fact, but only a dunce would say he isn't. Unless he has been bodybuilding longer and more than actual wrestlers.

Quote:
I was about to say the same thing, what ever happened to stephani and shane mcmahon? Do they still exist?

Shane o mac was heavily involved awhile ago. Him and his dad had another big feud with DX. Bleh. Stephanie wasn't in any storylines, but she made an appearance at wrestlemania 22.

Quote:
going back to when he was only an announcer.

Unless you mean when his father still owned the company, he was never just an announcer. Until the montreal screwjob, he pretty much appeared only as an announcer on air. It wasnt widely known he was the owner too back then, but the whole deal with the screwjob really unearthed it and the Vince McMahon character we know today was born.

And the bit about roid rage, I dunno, possibly, but I bet he is really on edge because of the threat of TNA stealing people i.e. huge stars like kurt angle

People in wwe have said all of vinces mistakes are centered on taking people on their word, and maybe he is beginning to not trust the wrestlers to stay loyal to wwe nowadays.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Steph McMahon is pretty attractive.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:20 PM   #7
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Until she starts talking. Then she is pretty destructive.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:24 PM   #8
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Steph McMahon is pretty attractive.
Whats she up to these days?

Feel free to justify/explain your opinion
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #9
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

As far as WWE is concernced, she is doing the same stuff offscreen that she was doing before.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:12 AM   #10
West-Side
Decent college freshman

WWE is worst then ever, I never thought there would be a day where I wouldn't tune in to watch Raw...it's become too predictable and lame. It's at a terrible state right now, not a single good storyline anymore.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:42 PM   #11
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
WWE is worst then ever, I never thought there would be a day where I wouldn't tune in to watch Raw...it's become too predictable and lame. It's at a terrible state right now, not a single good storyline anymore.

I know what you mean...I haven't watched a full episode of Smackdown in almost three years. But since the WWE really doesn't have any real competition, unless you consider TNA, Vince and his crew thinks they can just get by without doing anything really special. WWE bought their two biggest competitors out, and the wrestling business has been just one big monopoly. If TNA can ever get some more publicity, and can compete with WWE dollar for dollar, then they can be a real threat to Vince and family. TNA getting Kurt Angle was a big start in the right direction.

Vince is getting up there in age, albeit he's in early 60s, and it won't be long until Stephanie, Shane, and Triple H officially take over the day-to-day operations of WWE.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #12
craigthomasb
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side

oh yer man, the last time i watched wrestling sum 90 year old woman was pregnant and had a "ham" instead of a baby, that **** was way predictable

anyway, it all went downhill after the rock and stone cold left

it had its hay day, like 1995-2002 or whatever but all wrestling in the gutter now
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:28 PM   #13
IamtheWalrus
Banned

the new trend is MMA...wwe needs to step aside
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: