Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
Grafbag
Kids at the park dunk on me

Grafbag has an OK reputation so far
Default How do you guys measure height?

I just wanna know whether you measure yourselves with shoes on or barefoot. In Australia, if you ask someone how tall they are, the answer will always come barefoot as *M/**cm.
I'm 1.84m At the moment (Just over 6"0) barefoot, but in shoes I'm 1.87 (Just under 6"2). So in America, which would I say when asked about it?

Also, I'm 15, turning 16 in a couple of months and was wondering how much you older guys grew after that age. Any input's appreciated.
Grafbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: How do you guys measure height?

when i was 15 i was about 6 1 or 6 2 around that. im 19 now and around 6 4-6 5. i just tell everyone im 6'5"
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
Jxgator33
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Jxgator33 has an OK reputation so far

Most american ball players (At least on the AAU circuit) take their height with shoes and roudn up
Jxgator33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:53 AM   #4
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxgator33
Most american ball players (At least on the AAU circuit) take their height with shoes and roudn up
Ha, I do believe that's true. As a normal human being, I don't even hesitate to tell others I'm only 6'3'' (or 6'2'' and three quarters to be exact). Yet, as a basketball player, I was always listed at 6'4''. And, this isn't confirmed, but I feel like NBA heights are "with shoes" listings as well. I could be wrong. I just feel like I read these Draft Combine workout results and see players checking in at a much lower height than the are normally listed.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:16 AM   #5
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Well I measure height based on what your barefoot height is... but the NBA does it in shoes. There really aren't that many 7 footers around... which is why you always get "The Lakers have so much size blah blah..." because they have two legit 7 footers with no shoes. Gasol is more like 7'2 in shoes and Bynum is probably 7'1. .. other so called 7 footers are more like 6'10 1/2/6'11.

I am 5'10 3/4 without shoes so I just say I'm 5'11. Close enough. I would surely be listed at 6' in any level of basketball that measures height tho (because in shoes I'm 6').
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:29 AM   #6
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well the only time I ever get measured these days is at the doctors office and there it's in socks.

For the NBA they do it barefoot I think and then add like 5 inches. Lol.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #7
Penguinator
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Penguinator has an OK reputation so far

Im 177cm barefooted and I just turned 16. Im Singaporean and I was wondering at what age did u guys stop growing?
Penguinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguinator
Im 177cm barefooted and I just turned 16. Im Singaporean and I was wondering at what age did u guys stop growing?

Seemed like right around 17-18 for me. I might have grown a 1/16 of an inch in between 18 and 21.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #9
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Well the only time I ever get measured these days is at the doctors office and there it's in socks.

For the NBA they do it barefoot I think and then add like 5 inches. Lol.
You know, I was kind of holding out on the doctors' office, waiting to see how they would handle height measurements, assuming as the professionals that they are, they'd follow a specific procedure and set the standard of how height is supposed to be measured. Alas, I remember them being dismissive when I suggested removing my shoes for the height check and any clothes for the weight check. I came in about two inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than at any other point of my life. I kind of got the feeling they didn't care as much about my height as I did.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:40 AM   #10
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
You know, I was kind of holding out on the doctors' office, waiting to see how they would handle height measurements, assuming as the professionals that they are, they'd follow a specific procedure and set the standard of how height is supposed to be measured. Alas, I remember them being dismissive when I suggested removing my shoes for the height check and any clothes for the weight check. I came in about two inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than at any other point of my life. I kind of got the feeling they didn't care as much about my height as I did.

Haha. Wow!

That's odd cause height and weight can be extremely important when talking about doses and such. That's strange.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: