Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #16
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Paid homeless guy to rebound my ball... am I a bad person?

u're paying him for good honest work. he probably got a lil cardio in chasing all your bricks it's not like you're exploiting him for financial gain or amusement. you guys heard of BUMFIGHTS? now that's exploitation
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #17
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensic91
Lol thanks for replies... The same guy was there today again and he again rebounded my ball lool. gave him 10$ for about 1h20-1h30. It's totally worth it I get SO many more shots in its crazy.

he said he hangs around that parc alot so If I ever needed him I could just ask.

Cool. Now just be careful. There might come a day when u can't pay him. U don't need a stalker..
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #18
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

When I clicked on the thread I seriously thought somebody paid a hobo to be his teammate in a pickup game. That would be literally sickening for the other team fighting for rebounds over the hobo
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #19
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Hey, in this economy a job's a job...
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:08 AM   #20
a rock
I airball my layups

a rock has an OK reputation so far

Taking advantage of? He probably enjoyed it. Those guys get no interaction with anyone and get written off in society.

The guy probably felt pretty good afterwards.
a rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:08 AM   #21
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

If he is physically capable of rebounding for you and not hobbled I think it's cool. He gets exercise and a little human interaction, some spending money, and you were nice enough to give him a coupon for food.

I think it was nice of you. I would have only given him a couple of stray 1's.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #22
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
god damn i'm jealous, i wish there wer some more homeless folk around here
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:43 AM   #23
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensic91
Lol thanks for replies... The same guy was there today again and he again rebounded my ball lool. gave him 10$ for about 1h20-1h30. It's totally worth it I get SO many more shots in its crazy.

he said he hangs around that parc alot so If I ever needed him I could just ask.
Damn. We got a little buisness startin up in here.

Nah but seriously though, its all good.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #24
forensic91
I airball my layups

forensic91 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinJDW
Damn. We got a little buisness startin up in here.

Nah but seriously though, its all good.

Hehe yeah lol...
He was actually waiting for me there today.
Its awesome and the guy seems genuinely happy to do it too.
forensic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #25
Shadow Zujed
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Shadow Zujed has an OK reputation so far

He probably just likes having interaction with someone else. Do you guys talk when you are shooting?
Shadow Zujed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #26
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

as long as you didn't bend him over, it's cool
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:03 AM   #27
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

LT Ice Cream has decent reputationLT Ice Cream has decent reputation

Way better than ignoring him. At least you probably kinda made him feel like he's still a person.
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:23 AM   #28
AK47DR91

OP, you're def. a good kid since you valued his service over his status by paying him a decent "hourly wager."
Old 07-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #29
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LOL whyd you put a guy playing a violin omfg roflmao
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #30
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

u did a good thing. there's no harm in it unless he took the money to go buy some smack or something.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: