Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #76
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Shutter Island - Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Producer and screen-writer confirm Teddy was insane.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1130884/...flat/164944625

Nope... The screen-writer and the producer are in on the conspiracy too.

good thread though.

Quote:
I think the thing is here that the guys on Team Sane admit the author and the filmmakers intended one and only one outcome in both the novel and the film but they are saying they can "see" a second outcome.

In this way it does not matter to them what the author or filmmakers say, they don't actually care about what they intended the message of the film to be. They are saying this does not matter because these people saw (and possibly can only see) things one way but they (those on the sane gang) can see things two ways or more.

I like that post.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #77
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My girl wanted me to download this so we could watch it last night. I just wanted to thank this asshole thread title for ruining any surprise there could have been for watching it the first time.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:29 AM   #78
The Myth
Banned

The Myth posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Myth posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
My girl wanted me to download this so we could watch it last night. I just wanted to thank this asshole thread title for ruining any surprise there could have been for watching it the first time.

honestly bro, no one ****ing cares.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #79
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

*SPOILERS*

I've just seen this.
I enjoyed it - I had never seen any trailer or commercial so it worked for me. I was bought into Noyce's and Dr. Solano's conspiracy theories so the idea he could be the patient didn't even touch me
It is one of those movies where you can collect so many hints and details when you think back at them. Cigarettes, water, the band aid on his forehead etc.
(One open question for me is: was the scene in the cave with Dr. Solando real?)

Re: the sane vs insane debate, I do think he was crazy.
I don't believe the screenwriters/director meant to make anyone think that he could be sane, BUT did they mean to leave us with the doubt that the shrinks were actually bad and did this huge role-play just as a sick experiment and not as an actual therapy?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #80
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow bruce willis was dead all this time
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #81
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

bump...
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #82
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

sorry Dooms...you're wrong

if he was sane then why would he have those memories?...his partner WAS his doctor...etc...it makes no sense

this is your conspiracy theory head kicking in and trying to make something into something it isn't
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #83
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Okay movie. Definitely overrated in general and i'm tired of Scorcese using Leo D. He's no Deniro and never will be, so stop trying to make him your leading man in every single ****ing movie you do. I mean Jesus christ...if not for DDL in 'Gangs of New York' the movie would be an absolute disaster. Leo D was ****ing horrible in that movie. The only reason to see it was how DDL stole every scene he was in. Greatest actor over the last 25 years.
Smoke117 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: