Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 11-14-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
ACE45
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ACE45 has an OK reputation so far
Default Spurs(5-1) vs. Rockets(5-2)

The Rockets have lost 13 of the last 15 meetings and have dropped the last six against the Spurs. Will tonite be differ?
ACE45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #2
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ehh, lets get this right.

Rockets have lost 28 of last 32 meetings. What an embarrassment, honestly. I'm glad we still have our pride of Olajuwon messing up Robinson in the playoffs, otherwise, I'd feel pretty crappy right now.

I hope Yao shows his dominance tonight. He has always generally done good against them. In his rookie season he made sure to let Robinson and Duncan know he was going to be good.

Pretty even match up if you ask me. Duncan is awesome, and Yao is awesome. Tony Parker, like always, is going to be difference maker tonight. His penetration will most likely kill us, therefore I hope JVG has prepared because no matter what the Rockets do, it seems we can never improve our perimeter defense.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Two of the hotter teams in the league right now, two of the best big men in the game going at it, interstate rivalry, division lead on the line (not that it matters this early, but worth noting)...it's gonna be a good one. Hopefully the Rockets can pull it out, if for no other reason than they are at home tonight. I think playing at Toyota Center is finally turning into a legitimate home court advantage. Imagine that. I've got tickets so I'll do my best to keep that trend going.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

Who's going to be the Rockets' starting PF now that Hayes is out? Battier again? Howard?

Seems like so many other teams have a bunch of competent rebounders at the 4 but Houston.. well, we know what they've got.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #5
Amare32
Decent playground baller

Amare32 has an OK reputation so far

Yes but not many have a center as good as Yao..so it evens out.
Amare32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #6
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I believe Juwan Howard will be starting tonight in place of Chuck Hayes.

Losing Chuck for 2 weeks is going to hurt us a lot. He was one of our more consistent guys, both in production and effort. Can Juwan rise to the occasion? Let's hope so. He's my boy, has been since the 7th grade. I have faith.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:57 PM   #7
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Goodness, it might be Howard. What a horrible thought V_V.

I was getting use to seeing Hayes being so productive but now with Howard, gosh.

For those that don't know, Rockets tend to do worst with Howard on the floor. Well those are the stats from last year.

BTW I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that our stars were injured last year. Many stats have been done over at clutchfans, which prove Juwan and Yao don't have any chemistry and our team tends to do worst when Howard is in there.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:57 PM   #8
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboloid
Seems like so many other teams have a bunch of competent rebounders at the 4 but Houston.. well, we know what they've got.
You're right. Without Chuck, we're going to struggle on the boards. Chuck is a good rebounder and the rest of the team is average, but there are some straight up board whores in the West. We don't have that. Should have went after Reggie Evans.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #9
nashforprez
Local High School Star

nashforprez has an OK reputation so far

i think the rockets are flukes. yao is dominating, but other than that they are flukes. unless tmac gets his act together look for a dominating spurs winl;
nashforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #10
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far

Duncan will probably play more at the PF position tonight. Yao may be in foul trouble early. I'm thinking Motumbo will play significant minutes. Battier is going to have to step up or McGrady needs to find his shot. My heart's telling me Spurs. My head's telling me Rockets. It'll be fun to watch either way.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #11
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashforprez
i think the rockets are flukes. yao is dominating, but other than that they are flukes. unless tmac gets his act together look for a dominating spurs winl;

Please explain yourself.

I'm serious, I would love to be entertained at this moment.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #12
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

So, the Rockets are a fluke team because they've got a really awesome player who's playing very well?

That's what you're saying, isn't it?

edit: Rockets better hope that it's the bored regular season Duncan who's going to show up. Juwan and Battier would get destroyed, and there's no sense getting Yao into foul trouble. Not like Duncan's going to be on Yao for most of the game on the other end.

Last edited by eboloid : 11-14-2006 at 02:03 PM.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:04 PM   #13
nashforprez
Local High School Star

nashforprez has an OK reputation so far

i will explain myself. yao is playing well, dominating even. tmac is playing like **** and will likely continue until at least the all star break. bonzi is injured. they have a control freak coach. they cant get easy baskets. they have beaten Dallas, Memphis, NY, and miami. none of them besides dallas is that impressive
nashforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:05 PM   #14
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboloid
So, the Rockets are a fluke team because they've got a really awesome player who's playing very well?

That's what you're saying, isn't it?

edit: Rockets better hope that it's the bored regular season Duncan who's going to show up. Juwan and Battier would get destroyed, and there's no sense getting Yao into foul trouble. Not like Duncan's going to be on Yao for most of the game on the other end.

Man it's going to be ugly if Tim Duncan decides to show up at 110%. It's going to get ugly, real ugly.

Now lets hope Yao Ming counters back, and perhaps they'll cancel each other leaving T. Parker, Ginobili, and T-mac as the lone keys of this game.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #15
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashforprez
i will explain myself. yao is playing well, dominating even. tmac is playing like **** and will likely continue until at least the all star break. bonzi is injured. they have a control freak coach. they cant get easy baskets. they have beaten Dallas, Memphis, NY, and miami. none of them besides dallas is that impressive

What do you mean none besides Dallas is impressive? To me a win is a win in the NBA. If you are not impressed by wins, I don't know what you are impressed by. Honestly, Miami Heat are the defending champs until the playoffs prove otherwise, so don't try discrediting that win just because they are playing like crap. We took advantage of them in the second half which sparked a dominant win.

Yao is not "dominating even", Yao is dominant, period. There is nothing you can say otherwise that makes anyone else think otherwise. T-mac might be playing like crap for you because all you see is a one dimensional T-mac, which is scoring. He might not be scoring in bunches like in years passed, but he has become a much smarter facilitator of offense as well. He has played solid defense. He will come around offensively, but you need to look besides points.

And thank you for proving to me that Greg Anthony is your role model.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: