Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 11-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #16
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

It could also be an encouraging sign that they're 5-2 with Tracy shooting 35%. Sure, the strength of their opposition hasn't been stellar (though why a win against Miami shouldn't be impressive, I don't understand), but what a team that's trying to get healthy needs is cheap wins against crappy teams.

I know I've been down on JVG for a long time, but other than Adelman who else is really out there? I'm beginning to think it's a race for bad teams to fire their current coaches so they could bring Rick in.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #17
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashforprez
first of all a win is a win, but i wasnt exactly impressed by the suns last win. they need tmac to be able to SHOOT because they dont have any other shooters. they have luther head and battier as their shooters. what does that tell you.

Yeah I know what you mean about having Head and Battier as shooters, horrible idea. I mean Battier only hit 40% of his three pointers last year, and before Luther Head hit the infamous rookie wall last year he was hitting like 44% from three point land. What a bunch of crap shooters, err. V_V

I'm sorry you refuse to accept that the Rockets are playing great ball so far.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #18
eboloid
Flash Gordo

Head and Battier aren't exactly useless shooters, then there's Alston and Novak (I'm not sure why he hasn't been getting much time lately). It's still a flawed team, but I don't think the holes are at the perimeter unless T-Mac has to be put down.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #19
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Alston, he is up and down, but nonetheless he hits his threes. He is especially efficient from the top of the key.

Novak, he just doesn't have the tools yet to be in the game. To JVG you gotta play defense and rebound if you are going to be out there with Yao. That's something as of right now Steve Novak does not bring.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:26 PM   #20
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Anyone who thinks that McGrady is playing like crap isn't watching the Rockets or just has a low understanding of the game.

He is shooting like crap. However, he is facilitating the offense very well and getting everyone involved through passing due to the attention THAT HE STILL DRAWS FROM DEFENSES. His shots just aren't falling. That is the only thing wrong with his game. You can't say he doesn't care or is disinterested either, but he looks visibly angry on the court because his shots aren't falling. That shows me that he does care.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:32 PM   #21
Amare32
Decent playground baller

Amare32 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboloid
edit: Rockets better hope that it's the bored regular season Duncan who's going to show up. Juwan and Battier would get destroyed, and there's no sense getting Yao into foul trouble. Not like Duncan's going to be on Yao for most of the game on the other end.

Couldn't you say the same thing with the Spurs? whoever tries to guard Yao is going to get destroyed. Neither team can really stop the other's star big man.

It will come down to Parker, Manu and their role players Vs T-mac, Battier and the rest of the role players for Houston.
Amare32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:35 PM   #22
eboloid
Flash Gordo

So I was curious and had to check out their rebounding, and it turns out the Rockets average 6.1 boards a game more than their opponents so far, good for fourth in the league.

Their two losses are against Utah (+10.2, #1) and New Orleans (+5.8, #5). One win against Dallas who are at +0.5, and all the other wins are against hopeless rebounding teams.

Still early in the season, small sample size and all, but I think it should tell us something.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #23
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

our rebounds are gonna be down for the next 2 weeks with hayes injured.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #24
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashforprez
i do watch the rockets and i do have a good understanding of the game. tmac is facilitating the offense well right now but once teams discover he doesnt have anything right now there goes tmac the ficilitator.
His shot will be back by that.

Surely no one is stupid enough to believe that his shot won't come around again.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:45 PM   #25
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Quote:
You can't say he doesn't care or is disinterested either, but he looks visibly angry on the court because his shots aren't falling. That shows me that he does care.

He does care, about his stats......just kidding fatboy, I couldn't resist.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:45 PM   #26
eboloid
Flash Gordo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amare32
Couldn't you say the same thing with the Spurs? whoever tries to guard Yao is going to get destroyed. Neither team can really stop the other's star big man.

It will come down to Parker, Manu and their role players Vs T-mac, Battier and the rest of the role players for Houston.

Well, of course. I didn't mention it because we've all seen what Yao's doing right now. He's going to mess up any team that plays him in single coverage. Since Popovich is smart, he should be making the Houston perimeter players hit shots by constantly sending doubleteams at the big duder.

I just wanted to point out that Duncan doesn't exactly dominate all the time in the regular season (laziness? smart play, saving up energy for the more relevant parts of the year? niggling injuries?), but he might be encouraged to play harder by a division match-up. Who knows.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:47 PM   #27
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
He does care, about his stats......just kidding fatboy, I couldn't resist.
Sh!t. I care about his stats!

I honestly think there's room for both him and Yao to average 25 PPG for the season.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:51 PM   #28
eboloid
Flash Gordo

The whole TNT staff is paid to provide background noise while people watch the games. It's rare for them to give us actual relevant insight into what's going on.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:04 PM   #29
j3ffr3yc
I airball my layups

j3ffr3yc is a pretty well-respected posterj3ffr3yc is a pretty well-respected posterj3ffr3yc is a pretty well-respected posterj3ffr3yc is a pretty well-respected poster

I wish they would do a game without commentators and all the flashy graphics on the screens, and stick to one camera angle. This gives that feeling of actually being there live.
j3ffr3yc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:10 PM   #30
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

A fluke? The Rockets aren't playing near as well as they could, and that'll probably show tonight. I think we'll play them close for a half and then they'll pull away in the second. Probably will be an ugly game.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: