Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 05-31-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
mcgeorge
I airball my layups

mcgeorge has an OK reputation so far
Default Is Elton Brand that bad?

Ok, so hear me out.

I know that Elton Brand SUCKED last year, badly. I know that his contract is a monster and that after years of inflexibility and bad contracts the last thing the Bucks want is to make that mistake again. But...

If the Sixers are REALLY offering the number 2 pick to take Brand's contract, should the Bucks look into it? I mean, if you have the chance to match up Jennings with another star potential player, what is that worth?

Here is how I look at it. If the Bucks can make a trade, preferably something like Redd for Brand + #2 + something to make the money work. Redd is useless for next year so we are replacing a useless Redd for a vastly overpayed Brand. Next, factor in the chance of a lockout for a season and that takes another year off. That leaves 2 years of inflexibility due to Brand but you now have a developing duo of Jennings and Turner. By the time Brand expires it will be time to pay Jennings/ Turner.

I think I'd do it. In the Eastern conference with a good coach I'd have to hope that maybe just maybe Brand can have a slight come back and at the very least be a serviceable big. I don't like taking minutes from Ilyasova because I love his heart/hustle but he can also play some 3 and Skiles seems to hate on him anyway.

Fellow Bucks fans, how would you feel? Do you think it would take just taking on Brand to get the 2 or would we have to swap our 1st round pick also? That would make me a little less interested, maybe throw in a future 1st when hopefully the Bucks are a perennial playoff team out East.

If nothing else it's something to think about, eh?
mcgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
LbloodOjunkieG
I hit open 5-footers

LbloodOjunkieG has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is Elton Brand that bad?

It's not that Elton the player is that bad, but the money we must pay him is. If Philly is willing to give us Evan Turner just to take on Brand's contract, I would have to go ahead and do that. Yea, it would suck being stuck with that contract, but I think Turner will be a superstar in this league and if we can get a superstar just for taking on a bad contract, I think you have to do that. I would be a bit more hesitant if we had to swap firsts, and I believe we can get someone useful at 15. If we don't have to swap picks, I would do it.
LbloodOjunkieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

No way are the sixers willing to give up the number 2 to get rid of brand, dont know where you heard that.
If they were to trade away the number 2, they would have to include brand. Ie brand and pick for a really good player (redd probably isnt who they have in mind).

If it is true, then milwaukee should do it in a second, but yeh, it isn't. Need to worry about keeping salmons and ridnour this off season.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quata
No way are the sixers willing to give up the number 2 to get rid of brand, dont know where you heard that.
If they were to trade away the number 2, they would have to include brand. Ie brand and pick for a really good player (redd probably isnt who they have in mind).

If it is true, then milwaukee should do it in a second, but yeh, it isn't. Need to worry about keeping salmons and ridnour this off season.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ping-no-2-pick
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Yeah but are the sixers really willing to give up Evan Turner who is a potential superstar just to get some cap room by getting rid of elton? They dont get a young player with potential back by trading for redd.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quata
Yeah but are the sixers really willing to give up Evan Turner who is a potential superstar just to get some cap room by getting rid of elton? They dont get a young player with potential back by trading for redd.
No, not for Redd. The notion is laughable. Just showing you where the rumors are coming from since you asked. Maybe Redd, Ilyasova, and #15.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:00 AM   #7
Maggot
Fear the deer

Maggot has decent reputation

Brand would play much better in our slower offense but his contract scares me. i wouldn't take him just to get Turner
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think we can't look at the player , but the team.
This is still Boguts team , which means you need a player as a PF to compliment Bogut more so than a SF.

A PF that would fit the bill , would be a knock out boards man , that can play weak side defense and weak side offense.
That means a player that can scrap for a offensive board , has less offensive game , but does all the bully blue collar hard work.

The Bucks assistant coach - Wolff is the perfect example.

I am still wishing Brandon Bass from Orlando could be traded for..
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:32 AM   #9
Maggot
Fear the deer

Maggot has decent reputation

if Sacramento drafts Cousins, i think Landry or Thompson become expandable. If that happens we should go for either of them. I would prefer Landry...
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
mcgeorge
I airball my layups

mcgeorge has an OK reputation so far

Landry would be awesome, Milwaukee boy comes home, but how is his D?

I know we need a guard but if Patrick Patterson is around at 15 I'd love to see a guy like that in a Bucks uniform.

I like Bass also, he always showed up in the playoffs with the Mavs and he is a big, big man.
mcgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #11
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot
if Sacramento drafts Cousins, i think Landry or Thompson become expandable. If that happens we should go for either of them. I would prefer Landry...

This is a real pipe dream - getting Landry.

If Kohl would be willing to go over the lux. tax and get him , or some how Hammond pulled a miracle trade to land Landry - we would see the Bucks in the playoffs annually... but it won't happen.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #12
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I say you go for it. 3 all stars.(jennings, turner, bogut) Plus as is somewhat common tradition when Bogut gets injured you guys have another center ready for however long he's out. Plus doesn't his contract expire just in time to pay Jennings anywho? and since you'd have to extend Turner the season after, there's the rest of that Brand contract money.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: