Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-15-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
JoHnShOeZ1492
LeBron for 12 MVP

JoHnShOeZ1492 has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation is this an illegal screen?

In a league game, When you set a pick and instead of covering your nuts, you raise your hands in the air?
JoHnShOeZ1492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:16 AM   #2
scm5
Good college starter

scm5 has decent reputation
Default Re: is this an illegal screen?

http://www.coachlikeapro.com/basketball-screens.html

I don't believe it is, since he doesn't extend his limbs outward to impede the other player's movement.

I think his hands have to be straight up, like he's trying to block someone's shot, his elbows can't be bent on the sides wider than his shoulders would be.

Last edited by scm5 : 06-15-2010 at 03:28 AM.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:58 AM   #3
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

as long as you don't make urself wider.

I was playing at a company pick up game and this one guy set a pick on me with his elbows out making himself a lot wider. i was a little shocked, i told him he couldn't do that. he said i was wrong, so i said if he thinks i'm wrong he should just set picks w/ his arms spread eagle then- clothes line everyone....

next time he set that illegal pick i just ran him over.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
623baller
dedicate

623baller has an OK reputation so far

yup, as long as you are not making yourself wider, you are fine. i think the rules are shoulder width. usually refs dont call it that tight unless you make it real obvious or try to punk the guy that runs into the screen.

if you are going to raise your hands, make sure they are vertically up like you are taking a charge with someone driving in the lane, not extending out to create a wide stance.
623baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

I have seen plenty of guys int he NBA set picks with their arms up in the air too.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:13 AM   #6
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin112
as long as you don't make urself wider.

I was playing at a company pick up game and this one guy set a pick on me with his elbows out making himself a lot wider. i was a little shocked, i told him he couldn't do that. he said i was wrong, so i said if he thinks i'm wrong he should just set picks w/ his arms spread eagle then- clothes line everyone....

next time he set that illegal pick i just ran him over.

Thats what im sayin son , you black or white?
iM/I Do The Same To People who gets on my nerve.. When I Used to beast basketball I Always Act Amare , Pounding the ball everytime I get to the lane.. 2 bounced then lay-up.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who the hell would do that?
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: