Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #16
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: PG options for next season

Sign A.I for MLE
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #17
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
Sign A.I for MLE

Do you think he'll fit in with the rest of the guys? Maybe he'd be so grateful to LB for giving him a chance to come back that we won't see the World War 3 battle of alpha-males. But how many productive seasons can we expect to get from him?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #18
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Do you think he'll fit in with the rest of the guys? Maybe he'd be so grateful to LB for giving him a chance to come back that we won't see the World War 3 battle of alpha-males. But how many productive seasons can we expect to get from him?

Maybe he'll accept a 2 years deal. Not a big risk if he fail... But with LB as the head coach, I think it worth to take a chance
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #19
ivogetghost

Quote:
Maybe he'll accept a 2 years deal. Not a big risk if he fail... But with LB as the head coach, I think it worth to take a chance

I thought michael jordan wouldnt let yall sign him? looking at his play in philly he would def help your team out
Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #20
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Sign A.I for MLE

That was so last year.

I have to assume you meant "part" of the MLE. He couldn't get anything over vet min last year and he pretty much screwed 2 teams in just a couple months.

We didn't want him last year, so I can't imagine after all his shenanigans we'd consider it now.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:16 PM   #21
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
That was so last year.

I have to assume you meant "part" of the MLE. He couldn't get anything over vet min last year and he pretty much screwed 2 teams in just a couple months.

We didn't want him last year, so I can't imagine after all his shenanigans we'd consider it now.

OK if you think that AI isn't an option, do you have any other ideas? How's Brevin Knight doing, these days?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:14 AM   #22
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

I've seen rumors that we're interested in trading for Mo Williams, Jarrett Jack and of course the dreaded TJ Ford that never goes away.

AI would require FA money (MLE) when we're right at the luxury tax as it is. Unless the FO is able to dump some salary in trades I wouldn't be holding my breath over using part of the MLE.

Besides...AI isn't a PG. Larry Brown wouldn't play him at PG back in Philly during his prime.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #23
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I really wish MJ would rake some extra money out of his Nike Air line and pay some luxury tax. He's got the goods to do so.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #24
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Me too!!!!!!

Especially since it'd only be for one year. Instead...they may end up taking on longer deals just to avoid the tax next year and end up jeopardizing our future situation. I hate losing players for nothing, but if it needs to happen let it only be one time.

FWIW:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_1...s=iref:nbahpt2

Quote:
That has fueled speculation Bird will try to leverage the No. 10 pick in a deal to acquire a long-term solution at the point, a position that has been something of a revolving-door in recent years. The Pacers have been linked in published reports with Minnesota (Jonny Flynn), San Antonio (George Hill), New Orleans (Darren Collison), Charlotte (D.J. Augustin) and Denver (Ty Lawson).
Old 06-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #25
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Watch us lose DJ and then watch him bloom. But on the other hand we have so many bad contracts/worthless/untested players/projects in progress that we're probably better off dumping half the team and starting over.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #26
gutterballer733
Kids at the park dunk on me

gutterballer733 has an OK reputation so far

Just been reported that Sherron Collins is going to be playing with the Bobcats summer league squad. It'll be interesting to see if he will stick or not.
gutterballer733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #27
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Keyon Dooling?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #28
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Keyon Dooling?

Maybe, if he's willing to take a vet minimum deal.

We have around 2.5 million before we hit the luxury tax limit. Other than the vet minimum we're going to have to look for trades.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #29
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Here's a list of PGs that we should at least take a look at:

Nate Robinson - probably will sign elsewhere. He made 5 million last year and if we can't afford 6 million a year for Felton, I assume we won't be signing something comparable.

Steve Blake - solid player. Nothing earth shattering, but he would be somewhat more solid than Felton.

Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher - I figure they'll sign with the Lakers and for more than anything we'd offer. But it's not bad to dream, right?

Carolos Arroyo - veteran guy. Plays pretty solid. Only made about 800k last year, so this is a real possibility.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #30
Taylor
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Taylor has an OK reputation so far

Should we try and get Allen Iverson? Bryce from SPORTS YAPP thinks we should!

http://www.sportsyapp.com/index.php?...brain&Itemid=8
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: