Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far
Cool Things Needed to Know About High School Basketball?

I probably will join high school basketball next year. I decided to make a thread about tips because I wanted to know from people's personal experiences(about the training, how to act, plays,etc.)
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Things Needed to Know About High School Basketball?

Dont get discouraged by HS politics. You might be one of the best players on the team but not get playing time or even make the team because the coach and your teammates father went to HS together or some bullshit like that. Just stay calm and focused if that happens.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Dont get discouraged by HS politics. You might be one of the best players on the team but not get playing time or even make the team because the coach and your teammates father went to HS together or some bullshit like that. Just stay calm and focused if that happens.

This is too true. My HS, I tried out freshman year and all we did was run for 2 weeks. Suicides, lateral lane slides, foot fires, we didn't do ball drills until 2 weeks later and we each got one shot coming off a pick. Practices lasted so long that I didn't have a chance to really work on shooting afterward and airballed my first and only shot.

I'm going to be a junior in the fall and I'm going out for JV. But it sucks, because there are so many kids that make it either because they're tight with the coach/system or they're bigger. There's so many reasons but I'm not going into detail because I'm not the kind to make excuses.

Bottom line: many schools have other agendas.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Just be better than everyone else
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #5
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

moon landings are normal. splash downs every once in a while is okay too.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:32 AM   #6
623baller
dedicate

623baller has an OK reputation so far

hustle on all drills, dont complain, listen to the coach and teamates, demonstrate you can play d

you'll do fine
623baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: