Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-15-2010, 02:34 AM   #1
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Soles in shoe cause rolled ankle?

I've been playing without an added sole (more cushion) and recently added one to my shoe.

Since then I've rolled my ankle twice, the first time being very minor, second time a lot worse. It's not that bad since I could still play on it, but I've never rolled my ankle like this before.

I think I've been pretty lucky since when I have rolled my ankle's they've all been very minor and rarely last for more than a day. I'm pretty sure I'm going to take the soles out just to up my confidence, but... do you think the soles had anything to do with rolling my ankle?
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Soles in shoe cause rolled ankle?

Are they thick? If they're thick, maybe since there's added height, your feet feel less stable and wobbly and thus the movement of your feet doesn't feel natural anymore. Just an idea. Hope this helps.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

you replaced the original sole w/ a new one? that should be fine

if you just double stacked then there might be a problem. you might lose responsiveness- like jello.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin112
you replaced the original sole w/ a new one? that should be fine

if you just double stacked then there might be a problem. you might lose responsiveness- like jello.

Stacked, I'm pretty sure that's the problem. The packaging instructed me to put them under my original sole, and they are a little bit thick, so it's added height.

Pretty sure that's the reason for rolling my ankle.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:09 AM   #5
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

yeah it's not stable, mushy- not the right type of cushioning. cushion and mush- 2 different things.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: