Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 11-14-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default How Do We Get A Big Man?

We need a guy who can rebound the ball and clean up around the basket. Who can we trade to get a big man like this?

edit: kg's shot looked bad all night tonight at least through the 2nd quarter so far..it's comeback time though...

Last edited by 04mzwach : 11-14-2006 at 08:52 PM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
We need a guy who can rebound the ball and clean up around the basket. Who can we trade to get a big man like this?

You can trade garnett for LO and kwame

Sorry man I couldnt resist.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #3
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

if we want a really good big man we'd have to sacrifice a lot. Eather Garnett, or some other guys, but one way or the other, we'd get hurt
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Craig Smith might be able to help KG out...he does weigh 273lbs. so he can box any guy out he wants except select few. He did a good job last night. Griffin is always good...just hope Griffin gets smarter as the season goes on.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:27 AM   #5
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockShot
if we want a really good big man we'd have to sacrifice a lot. Eather Garnett, or some other guys, but one way or the other, we'd get hurt

we dont need a REALLY good big man, because outside of the PF spot (where KG is) there aren't many really good big men in the league. We just need someone who has proven in the past that they can be effective. We need to pry someone away from the Blazers or Nuggets, namely Nene or Magloire. We could offer Blount & Jaric or someone.... whatever it takes to make somethin work. But Blount is one of the worst starting centers in the league and it seems like a lot of T-Wolves fans overrate Griffin. Had the Wolves not given him another chance, who knows if he'd even still be in the league. I've been sayin this for a few months now but I think Jaric will be gone once McCants gets back... If not, McHale needs to go. Either way, McHale should actually be gone along with Casey here pretty soon. Bring in Larry Brown or Adelman as coach and anyone else as GM. If none of this happens in the next few months, KG will be gone within the next year.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:34 AM   #6
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Craig Smith might be able to help KG out...he does weigh 273lbs. so he can box any guy out he wants except select few. He did a good job last night. Griffin is always good...just hope Griffin gets smarter as the season goes on.

Smith can box anyone out, but any decent 6'10" big man will just grab the rebound right over the top of him. Griffin? no, he's not "always good." He's a decent guy to have in the paint when u need someone to come in and swat some shots away but lets stop acting like this guy is the answer to the Wolves problems. Based on the first few weeks of the season, the Wolves could be headed for their 3rd straight lottery and that wont make KG very happy unless some kind of move gets made soon.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:59 PM   #7
MagicToWorthy
Kids at the park dunk on me

MagicToWorthy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
You can trade garnett for LO and kwame

Sorry man I couldnt resist.

No way man. You should trade the Lakers Garnett and Hudson for Chris Mihm, K. Brown, and Vujacic and Brian Cook.
MagicToWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:31 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

well It doesnt Look like minnesota is going to be a lottery team this year and if they are they wont have a good pick.

You can try to work something out with the worst team to take their first pick so you can be in the Greg Oden Sweepstakes.

Thats the only solution I see here.

Thats a big Plus for minny.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:08 AM   #9
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
well It doesnt Look like minnesota is going to be a lottery team this year...

what do u base that on? We're tied for 11th in the conference right now and thats counting being ahead of the Suns, Mavs, & Nuggets. We have a decent chance of finishing ahead of the Nuggets but the Suns/Mavs will more than likely jump ahead of us in the next couple of weeks so somewhere down the line we'll need the Hornets, Warriors, Lakers, & Kings to slow down a bit. Based on the first 7 games, we're right about where we should be record-wise but the Wolves will need to exceed everyone's expectations if we wanna finish in the top 8 in the west. The Wolves can't keep winning 1 game and then losing 2, winning 2 in a row and then losing 3 in a row. We need to upset some teams too because we're not gonna go anywhere only winning the games we're supposed to win. Tomorrow @ Cleveland could be a start... Lebron will probably get his 30-35 pts, thats fine. It's up to everyone else to limit the rest of that Cavs squad. Double Lebron every time down the courtand make guys like Gooden & Z beat u. I was pretty optimistic coming into the season but my expectations have been lowered already thanks to Mr Casey/McHale. Everyone, Eddie Griffin is not the answer. Casey following through with giving Foye more minutes would be good, but like someone else mentioned, i'll believe it when I see it. Foye's explosive, something the Wolves haven't really had out of a perimeter player since the JR Rider days. If he's got the hot hand, play him for 30-40 minutes on some nights and dont just pull him out cuz he's a rookie. Wolves got some work to do, but they can definitely grab the 6-8 seed.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:21 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

you guys are 3-4...thats not that bad....wait till about 15 more games into the season to judge because right now there are soo many ties in every standing.

But yeah, you guys might have the slight chance of getting Greg Oden

and besides...the way to win @ cleveland is to limit lebrons passing...u dont want damon jones with a career high on you guys....u gotta limit everyone and giv lbj 35 points

Last edited by lakerfreak : 11-17-2006 at 03:24 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:32 PM   #11
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

i'll give you c-webb for whoever the hell you can match his bloated salary to! (minus KG of course)
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:36 PM   #12
04mzwach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mln03
i'll give you c-webb for whoever the hell you can match his bloated salary to! (minus KG of course)

Hudson, Jaric, Blount

And why wouldn't you want KG? Your team would destroy everybody.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #13
mln03
I airball my layups

because i know that isn't a possibility....
Old 11-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #14
mln03
I airball my layups

and i would take that deal in a minute...
Old 11-17-2006, 05:48 PM   #15
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
you guys are 3-4...thats not that bad....wait till about 15 more games into the season to judge because right now there are soo many ties in every standing.

But yeah, you guys might have the slight chance of getting Greg Oden

and besides...the way to win @ cleveland is to limit lebrons passing...u dont want damon jones with a career high on you guys....u gotta limit everyone and giv lbj 35 points

LIMIT Lebron's passing? Great idea, lets keep it in the hands of Lebron as much as possible. That's like saying that the way to beat the lakers is to limit Kobe's passing so Vujacic doesn't drop a career high on us. Really, how can anyone limit anyone's passing? There's gonna be passing in every ball game, its gonna happen. Like I said in my previous post, double Lebron every time down the court and make guys like Z & Gooden beat u. Or Damon Jones for that matter... U want the ball OUT of Lebron's hands as much as possible, not in his hands. Play good off the ball defense on him and once he does get the ball, either double him or play off of him and make him beat u from the outside.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: