Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-15-2006, 12:38 PM   #16
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
PS the red sox has more holes on the team than the swiss cheese so good luck with trying to field a team.

Red Sox have holes

at least they dont have holes in their heads like the mental patients in pin stripes.

who's the well adjusted gentleman 3rd baseman for you guys again?

btw at least Manny isnt stalking Theo outside an IHOP ala Sheff
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:20 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is how i look at it. If he signs with Boston for 3yrs $39mil that is $13mil per.

Add up the 39mil with 51 and you get 90mil. So you dished out $90mil for 3yrs of work which is basically like paying $30mil the next 3yrs. Not even Arod got that and he plays EVERYDAY. If Boston doesnt reach the WS Theo is going to be throwing more than chairs around his office. He's gonna be throwing his body thru a window, stories up.

If the Phillies could do what Boston did while adding Soriano and bullpen help. Would i care about how much money was spent/waisted? I be lying if i say i did. So ehhh. Funny part is if he gets a 3yr deal and is free at age 29 and has been successful. NYY is throwing a blank check his way.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:22 PM   #18
The Wiz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Wiz has an OK reputation so far

This is getting freakin crazy. This guy hasn't even pitched a single pitch in the major league and they are demanding that kinda $$$$$$$$$. What if this guy turns out to be like Kaz Matsui.
The Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #19
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Lets assume D-Mat signs with the Sox for 5 years 75 million dollars(mid range for a #1 starter). Add the 51 million dollars they used to talk to him, and the deal becomes 5 years 126 million dollars, and that makes out to be at around 25 million dollars per year for a japanese pitcher. Red Sox fans are now officially banned from complaining about the Yankees lavish spending(especially when we are only paying ARod 18 million, Texas agreed to pay quite a bit of his contract)
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:12 AM   #20
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
This is how i look at it. If he signs with Boston for 3yrs $39mil that is $13mil per.

Add up the 39mil with 51 and you get 90mil. So you dished out $90mil for 3yrs of work which is basically like paying $30mil the next 3yrs. Not even Arod got that and he plays EVERYDAY. If Boston doesnt reach the WS Theo is going to be throwing more than chairs around his office. He's gonna be throwing his body thru a window, stories up.

If the Phillies could do what Boston did while adding Soriano and bullpen help. Would i care about how much money was spent/waisted? I be lying if i say i did. So ehhh. Funny part is if he gets a 3yr deal and is free at age 29 and has been successful. NYY is throwing a blank check his way.
The Sox wouldnt sign him to a three year deal, that would be just ridiculously stupid of them. The best case scenario for the Sox is that they sign him to a 5 year 50 million dollar deal(not happening) However, the Sox are in a win win situation. They are the only team negotiation with D Mat so they have quite a bit of leverage. They could decide that its either 5 years 50, or nothing. If nothing, then they just get their money back. Yes, they dont get DMat, but they also have prevented the Yankees from getting him also.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:24 PM   #21
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Boston wants to tap into that huge Japanese baseball market...and you know those Japanese....highest average annual salary per capita in the world. They'll make that $51 million back on jersey sales alone.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #22
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Boston wants to tap into that huge Japanese baseball market...and you know those Japanese....highest average annual salary per capita in the world. They'll make that $51 million back on jersey sales alone.

True, and you have to assume that this hype machine, the potential battles with Matsui and Ichiro will only fuel the Japanese's hunger for MLB. Branding is huge in Asia and baseball is huge in Japan, and Japanese want the highest quality things with a little Japanese flavor. They will pony up the dough for it too.

Its a gamble, no doubt, but the payoff could be huge
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: