Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #31
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: "New" (yet to be named) ISH Fantasy Football league...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I'll see who gets chosen for the league and if it's a lot of guys I like on here I'll stay in. I'm really only looking for 1 FF league to join other than the one I do with friends and was hoping it wouldn't have defensive players involved, but I like the guys in this one.
but do you like the idea of just 3 defenders better than 6?

anyone else want to chip in on 3 vs. 6?
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #32
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've never played with defensive players so I'd probably prefer 3 because it is closer to the traditional setting.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #33
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd like to try this league, never been in a league with defensive players. Put me on the "sign up" list.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #34
GOAT24
LA ALL DAY

GOAT24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
but do you like the idea of just 3 defenders better than 6?

anyone else want to chip in on 3 vs. 6?
I'd rather have traditional d but if it's 3 vs 6 then I vote 3.
GOAT24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #35
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

okay I am going o let people sign up for another week or so and then I am going to ask all of you to vote on 12 of the people that signed up...you can vote for yourself and 11 others...

through PM, I will keep all the votes a secret...then the top 12 will be in the league

sound good???

let's just wait to make sure everyone that has signed up has done so...couple weeks maybe, we still have time...

we can keep debating the system for defenders...

talked to Dooms on the phone today and I brought this up, he will be active...he mentioned that one of the issues last year with defenders was special team's points....like crappy CBs get more points than good ones, because they return punts...so I am thinking that I will leave special teams OFF completely...since it is hard to know who will have return duty in the NFL...
Old 06-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #36
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I don't know if you can just somehow just look at peoples yahoo fantasy profiles but if you can just do that and look at how well they have done in the past with fantasy football then choose from there.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #37
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GM
I don't know if you can just somehow just look at peoples yahoo fantasy profiles but if you can just do that and look at how well they have done in the past with fantasy football then choose from there.
that is a good idea, not sure if it is possible though...

I take it that you are saying that you have a good long history of FF and being an active manager?
Old 06-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #38
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I haven't played a league on yahoo in like 3 years because my leagues are usually on espn so my yahoo profile would be pretty useless.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #39
Lebron Bryant
Go Patriots!

Lebron Bryant has not been impressing people

I will join in. When does the draft start?
Lebron Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #40
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron Bryant
I will join in. When does the draft start?
we will vote on that...sometime around preseason
Old 06-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #41
Lebron Bryant
Go Patriots!

Lebron Bryant has not been impressing people

Quote:
we will vote on that...sometime around preseason

I vote for having it on August 3.
Lebron Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #42
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
that is a good idea, not sure if it is possible though...

I take it that you are saying that you have a good long history of FF and being an active manager?

Yea I'm always active and I'd say I'm pretty good, I just don't want to be over-looked for people that aren't active and people that don't know their stuff. I was thinking something like you make a 20 man league, give everyone the password, then check profiles, narrows it down from there, delete that league and give the people that made it a password to a new league. I think that's the best way of handling it so you get the best 12 players to compete even though that's a long process there is time for that to be done. Now that's just a suggestion unless someone else has a better Idea..
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:55 PM   #43
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GM
Yea I'm always active and I'd say I'm pretty good, I just don't want to be over-looked for people that aren't active and people that don't know their stuff. I was thinking something like you make a 20 man league, give everyone the password, then check profiles, narrows it down from there, delete that league and give the people that made it a password to a new league. I think that's the best way of handling it so you get the best 12 players to compete even though that's a long process there is time for that to be done. Now that's just a suggestion unless someone else has a better Idea..

A lot easier just to link your profile on this thread
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #44
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

So we are doing yahoo? Doesn't really matter to me. I prefer espn because the layout is nicer and its easier to use.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #45
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd love to play in the league if yall dont mind...I'm active on ISH and I'm a HUGE football fan. Also I been playin FF for 5 years now and I'm very active, I'm kinda too active lol. I dont post much on the NFL forum but I am a big NFL/football/FF fan. I'd love to be in this league if yall vote me in. So count me in for the sign up list/vote thing yall are gonna do. Also I dont mind D players cuz the league I made last season w/my friends had D players as well, so I'm used to them. 12 man Yahoo league is perfect for me.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: