Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #31
tgan3
Local High School Star

tgan3 has decent reputation
Default Re: John Wall is very overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Richard Washington so great college players can't be bust?

Washington who?

Worst case scenario I would see him as steve francis with better potential..still steve francis was one heck of a player in his prime.
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #32
tgan3
Local High School Star

tgan3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Thats not true at all. Kwame tested out and showed how good he was up until the NBA Draft, its not like he was some giant from the middle of nowhere he was a top recruit expected to be great at Florida.

Kwame failed because he had no desire to win, had small butterfingers, and was immature.

High school is nothing, look at gerald green and dajuan wagner, both were great high school players. where are they now?
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #33
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgan3
High school is nothing, look at gerald green and dajuan wagner, both were great high school players. where are they now?
Wagner got sick, its not that he wasn't good. He got sick and now can't play.

Reportedly he was at a Memphis Celebrity Basketball Game last year and looked like he weighed 150lbs.

Gerald Green is another example of a Kwame. Gerald can play, he just doesn't care and hes also dumb offensively and defensively.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #34
TheTruth11
High school junior varsity star

TheTruth11 has not been impressing people

I have always said the guy is "heavy legged" and you can clearly see it in that video. My grandfather could have easily gotten around old man Sam Cassell on that video.... and Sam wasn't even trying to defend him. Wall looked heavy legged and unexplosive.

Add in the fact that the guy has a 30 inch standing vertical leap and is a "brick layer" and this guy is clearly ripe to bust!

TheTruth11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #35
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth11
I have always said the guy is "heavy legged" and you can clearly see it in that video. My grandfather could have easily gotten around old man Sam Cassell on that video.... and Sam wasn't even trying to defend him. Wall looked heavy legged and unexplosive.

Add in the fact that the guy has a 30 inch standing vertical leap and is a "brick layer" and this guy is clearly ripe to bust!

LMAO @ people judging a work out like this.

This isn't 5 on 5. Rajon Rondo looked pathetic in these work outs too, and just a few years into his career he's a top five PG. Not everything is in the measurements, and remedial work out sessions. Basketball is five on five.

Not to mention, why would this kid be going hard as hell in this work out session? He's pretty much the consensus number 1 pick ... in a weaker draft. Why would he be going balls to the wall for the team he KNOWS is going to pick him?

He's just going through the motions in this video, and that is very clear.

LMAO @ the guy above me who says he looks "heavy legged" ... He's not going full speed. Hell, he doesn't even look like he's going 3/4th of his potential speed. John Wall, athletically, is probably the most explosive player in the draft and most explosive athletically since Derrick Rose.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #36
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hahaha is that Sam Cassell at 2:40?? xD
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #37
alexthegr8
Kids at the park dunk on me

alexthegr8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth11

Yep. "Heavy legged and unexplosive" ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkUxpa9CyaI

Brick layer ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grLvmEsV8sc

He does need to continue to improve his shot, I agree, but he's at least as good a jump shooter as Rose was coming out of college IMO. We'll see if he can progress in that dept. like Rose has thus far in his young career though.

More from the "heavy legged one" ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6AR1...eature=related

Last edited by alexthegr8 : 06-21-2010 at 12:51 PM.
alexthegr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #38
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
in before liljohnnywall, OJA6'4"Mamba and others bombard you with insults for not jumping on the boat with the "messiah."

One workout doesn't realy amount to much though.

the op is a moron. Heck, John Wall showed character for even getting out of bed to do that workout. He is the number 1 pick in this draft why waste his time doing a meaningless workout?
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #39
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
the op is a moron. Heck, John Wall showed character for even getting out of bed to do that workout. He is the number 1 pick in this draft why waste his time doing a meaningless workout?
I agree that the workout isn't indicative of how be'll play in the NBA, but they are important in that they exhibit his good and bad traits to his employers.

Wall isnt too good to try to earn respect and make a good impression.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #40
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

I always find these threads the funniest. Especially after a year or two. I remember when we thought Kirk Hinrich and TJ Ford would be top 5 point guards in the NBA.

I believe both will be good, but I believe Turner has a serious chance to be better and have a better rookie year.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #41
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
It looked like he was dogging it.
Other workout videos of his look much better.
I don't think he wants to play for the Wizards.

This is what I was thinking, although we're probably wrong.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #42
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation

Jamal Crawford 2.0
lol j/k
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #43
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Devin Harris 2.0 w/ a touch of Derrick Rose
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #44
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

John Wall is overrated, but not because of this one workout video.

COME ON SON!
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #45
Niquesports
Good college starter

Niquesports has decent reputationNiquesports has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Rondo is and will continue to be ahead or Rose so I don't see how wall would be in the same stratosphere
Why do you hate on wall so much
Is it because he gets talked about by more people than rubio
Could it be because he's gonna get drafted high than rubio
Or maybe you know he's better and it hurts you so
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: