Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Pacers offer 10th Pick for Jonny Flynn - Rejected!

Quote:
T-Wolves turn down Pacers offer of the 10th pick for PG Jonny Flynn.

2 hours ago

http://twitter.com/wells222

Reported by some Indiana insider.

Hmmm.....Considering TWolves hopefully have Rubio and already have Sessions, maybe they should have done it.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Knicks101
Retired

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Pacers offer 10th Pick for Jonny Flynn - Rejected!

Who wouldn't turn that down?

Oh, I thought that the Wolves were offering Flynn.

Hahn is a dumb fuck.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
Who wouldn't turn that down?

Oh, I thought that the Wolves were offering Flynn.

Hahn is a dumb fuck.

Yeah, WTF? Is Flynn even that good? If I'm TWolves, I would have jumped on that.

Twolves 2: The Wrath of Hahn

Old 06-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
Knicks101
Retired

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Yeah, WTF? Is Flynn even that good? If I'm TWolves, I would have jumped on that.

Flynn is okay. He's not worth a Top 10 pick, and this is coming from a person who values players over draft picks 60% of the time, every time. If we could do the 2009 Draft over again I doubt that Flynn would go in the Top 10.

Isiah Thomas will be their next GM.

Twolves Episode 3: Revenge of the Shit.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
Peteballa
Go Gators

Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster

Flynn is better than anything the Pacers can get with the 10th pick.

Only way I could see this happening is if the Wolves got something other than the 10th pick in return. Maybe... TJ Ford? They could have taken Xavier Henry with the 10th.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
Flynn is better than anything the Pacers can get with the 10th pick.

Well, Knicks101 is right. No way Flynn is a Top 10 pick if you redo last years draft. He'll be in that 15 range.

This 2010 draft is supposed very deep. So how is the 10th pick not better than Flynn?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

This.

Flynn = #10 & #4 Pick.

Minnesota could've turned the #4 & #10 Picks to acquire Evan Turner from Philly.

I really like Jonny Flynn but he will never be a Top 10 PG in the NBA. I think he'll end up a guy who starts for some years but finds a niche for his career as a rotational PG. Basically another Raymond Felton/Andre Miller/TJ Ford/Luke Ridnour type of guy.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well, Knicks101 is right. No way Flynn is a Top 10 pick if you redo last years draft. He'll be in that 15 range.

This 2010 draft is supposed very deep. So how is the 10th pick not better than Flynn?
Exactly.

If you redo last years draft.

Evans
Curry
Collison
Lawson
Rubio
Jennings
Holiday

All 7 of those guys are going to go before Flynn at the PG position. Its 50/50 between who goes first between Flynn & Beaubois due to Robo's high upside.

You're telling me Minnesota isn't holding onto Rubio's rights, and signing Ramon Sessions to a multi-year deal because they belive Flynn is their future at PG.

Minnesota continues to go about making stupid decisions.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #9
Knicks101
Retired

Didn't Hahn say that they didn't need the #1 pick at the draft lottery? What a moron. I feel bad for T-Wolves fans.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #10
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Give it time you never know. Flyn averaged 11/5/4 type numbers in his first year in the league. Bynum averaged less than that and the Lakers rejected an offer for Kidd by the Nets. Almost made kobe run off to the Bulls and look how that turned out.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Didn't Hahn say that they didn't need the #1 pick at the draft lottery? What a moron. I feel bad for T-Wolves fans.

and isnt it "Kahn"??
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #12
zORi
National High School Star

zORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this board

Quote:

Yeah, that team is run by idiots.

I wouldn't be surprised if the franchise has to relocate in a couple of years.
zORi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #13
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
Give it time you never know. Flyn averaged 11/5/4 type numbers in his first year in the league. Bynum averaged less than that and the Lakers rejected an offer for Kidd by the Nets. Almost made kobe run off to the Bulls and look how that turned out.

Jonny Flynn is a PG while Andrew Bynum is a legit 7'0 C. A good C is rare to find in the NBA, while PG's literally are a dime a dozen.

Flynn plays in the triangle offense. You do realize the triangle isn't meant for a PG to excel, right? Hes basically playing a Derek Fisher-role without a Kobe-type at the 2 or 3 to make plays and score. They spent the #6 pick on a guy they want to spot up. As far as I know he's one of few starting PG's to not record a double double this season.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #14
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Yeah, I think the T-Wolves are dead set on having Johnny Flynn be their Franchise PG. Nothing wrong with that. I think Flynn is alright.

I keep hearing rumors though of my Spurs getting that #10. Talk of us moving Tony Parker or George Hill. I don't know what to think of it. I seriously just want Thursday to come already.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #15
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zORi
Yeah, that team is run by idiots.

I wouldn't be surprised if the franchise has to relocate in a couple of years.
LA?

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: