Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star
 
Buffalobraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wide Right City
Posts: 1,292
Default Offseason Ideas

Watching college ball always gets me excited for the draft and the offseason. We look really good this year but with a good offseason and draft I think we could become a legit contender next year and for years to come.

Ill keep updating this as the year goes on.

Sign Durant and Westbrook to contract extentions


Free Agents:

Re-sign:
Nobody

Dont re-sign:
Kevin Ollie: All washed up and I think Westbrook is past the point where he needs a veteran to show him the ropes.

Etan Thomas: There just isn't any room for him.



Sign:
Tyson Chandler

We should have gotten Chandler from the hornets in 09 but better late than never Chandler comes to OKC. He would be the defensive presence at center that the Thunder have been looking for. Chandler could also be good for the pick and roll with Westbrook, a similar role to what he did with Chris Paul in New Orleans.

Raja Bell

Raja will be coming off a season ending wrist injury last season but I think he would be a great addition to the Thunder because he is such a great 3 point shooter. Bell would get some playing time coming off the bench as a shooter.

Draft (Using Draftexpress.com's order)

Round 1 (Pick #18)- James Anderson SG/SF

Anderson would have to play SF for OKC when Durant and Green are on the bench and would provide good scoring off the bench. I think he could have a rookie similar to Marcus Thorton, they seem very similar to me. Anderson needs to improve his defense to get minutes with the Thunder and has a good enough athletic ability to become a decent NBA defender.



Round 1 (Pick #21)- Hassan Whiteside C


Whiteside has really fallen on a lot of draft boards and hopefully he falls in the draft too because at #21 I think he would be a steal for the Thunder. Whiteside could develop behind Chandler who was a very similar player to Whiteside when he entered the league.


Round 1 (Pick #26)- Stanley Robinson SF

Even though I hate Uconn I was always liked Robinson. I love the energy this guy brings when he comes into the game. Robinson is really a great athlete and I think he has great potential to become one of the best defensive players in the league. If Robinson can work on his shooting I think he will become the type of player that fits right into coach Brooks' system.


Round 2 (Pick 48, from Portland): Nemanja Bjelica, PG/SG/SF, Serbia

This guy is so intriguing. He is a 6' 10" PG with excellent ball handling and passing skills. He also rebounds well. Here's his draftexpress profile, he is truly one of a kind.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Bjelica-5510/

Depth Chart:

Westbrook/Maynor
Sefolosha/Harden/Bell
Durant/Anderson/Robinson
Green/Ibaka/Collison/Brackins/
Chandler/Whiteside/Krstic/Mullens

Thats a team thats a year or two away from a championship and could even make it to the conference finals this year.

Westbrook
Sefolosha
Robinson
Ibaka
Whiteside

That would be such a ridiculously athletic line up to have in the game

Last edited by Buffalobraves : 06-24-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:52 AM   #2
el gringos
Decent college freshman
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,725
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

I was almost sure okc had your own and phoenix's 1st- before the season maybe some thought that meant 2 top 10 picks, now it looks like 2 picks in the teens
You'd love for monroe to be one of those picks, but I don't see him lasting that far-
I think its most likely that with.2 picks okc has to go big guy and a pg- for one there's not a lot at sg/sf anyway- or its go with 2 big guys
Best case is win a top.2 pick, go with motiejunas and then take willie warren or shved type backup pg or aldrich/robert sacre type big- I think you end up with warren or shved and aldrich or sacre
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star
 
Buffalobraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wide Right City
Posts: 1,292
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I was almost sure okc had your own and phoenix's 1st- before the season maybe some thought that meant 2 top 10 picks, now it looks like 2 picks in the teens
You'd love for monroe to be one of those picks, but I don't see him lasting that far-
I think its most likely that with.2 picks okc has to go big guy and a pg- for one there's not a lot at sg/sf anyway- or its go with 2 big guys
Best case is win a top.2 pick, go with motiejunas and then take willie warren or shved type backup pg or aldrich/robert sacre type big- I think you end up with warren or shved and aldrich or sacre
I agree that Monroe at 15 is a stretch and that we should go with a PG and a big man in the first round. Id be okay with taking both firsts and trying to trade up into the top 10. Maybe Utah would trade their first that belongs to the Knicks for our 2 firsts and a player (Collison, Ibaka, White).
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star
 
Buffalobraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wide Right City
Posts: 1,292
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

Updated (12/25)
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator
 
wally_world's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dancing with Miley
Posts: 7,671
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

how much cap does OKC have?
what do you reckon Lee's and Haywood's contract would be like?

i feel we shouldnt commit long term to Haywood (not young, not old either), he's pretty much maxed out his potential and he doesnt really fit in a developing young ball club like the Thunders

how about someone like Marcus Camby? at his age he wouldnt be asking for a big contract, he's still productive, and he's a vet who can help the growth of the team
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star
 
Buffalobraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wide Right City
Posts: 1,292
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
how much cap does OKC have?
what do you reckon Lee's and Haywood's contract would be like?

i feel we shouldnt commit long term to Haywood (not young, not old either), he's pretty much maxed out his potential and he doesnt really fit in a developing young ball club like the Thunders

how about someone like Marcus Camby? at his age he wouldnt be asking for a big contract, he's still productive, and he's a vet who can help the growth of the team

I'm not really sure on how much cap space. I heard around 9-12 million over the summer but things have changed a lot since then.

I like Camby too. Honestly I could care less if which one we signed just as long a we got a big man that will play defense.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #7
TheTicketStub
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

Shouldn't they like save to lockup Durant, Green and WB? I agree though, they lack a true C. Nenad Krstic.... lol

Sefolosha's good. Knows his role, they need him on this team and meshes well with the starting unit.
TheTicketStub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star
 
Buffalobraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wide Right City
Posts: 1,292
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTicketStub
Shouldn't they like save to lockup Durant, Green and WB? I agree though, they lack a true C. Nenad Krstic.... lol

Sefolosha's good. Knows his role, they need him on this team and meshes well with the starting unit.
I think they will have enough to keep Westbrook and Durant. If we can I'd rather have Haywood and Lee than Green. I don't mind Krstic off the bench because he has a pretty good offensive game but he gets destroyed every night by whoever he is covering.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #9
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star
 
Buffalobraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wide Right City
Posts: 1,292
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

Just updated this. Any thoughts?
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #10
D-Rose
#88
 
D-Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9,688
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

monroe is def out of the question since okc won't be in the lottery. Haywood would def be a great acquistion. Maybe Jermaine O'Neal for cheap, would add vet presence and D.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:23 PM   #11
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star
 
Buffalobraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wide Right City
Posts: 1,292
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
monroe is def out of the question since okc won't be in the lottery. Haywood would def be a great acquistion. Maybe Jermaine O'Neal for cheap, would add vet presence and D.
I agree, getting a vet on D is a priority for the Thunder. I made a trade to get us the Wizards first
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
TRADE with the Wizards:

They Get:
Thunder First
Sun's First
DJ White
Kyle Weaver


We Get:
Wizards First

Why?
Thunder would be better off with one top ten pick then two firsts. I think were at the point where we have too many young prospects and we can get rid of two of them here. The Wizards would accept this because they need to re-build their team. The get two solid young players in White and Weaver and can add two more with the two picks.

Maybe it could happen.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #12
Keepin it REAL
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 24
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

Lebron, LeBron, Lebron
Keepin it REAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #13
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star
 
Buffalobraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wide Right City
Posts: 1,292
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepin it REAL
Lebron, LeBron, Lebron
???
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #14
veilside23
alternick = loser :D
 
veilside23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: P.I.
Posts: 3,330
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

what pick does the thunder have?

am thinkin are you guys willing to part ways with jeff green.

i know he has been solid but with harden starting at two . kd at 3 . and westbrook at 1.. your team needs a legit pf and a c.

you willing to package green and the pick for a pf?

boozer ? amare? or bosh or maybe david west?

any of these guys would be good playing alongside KD and westbrook.

i know it maybe a long shot. but i think OKC has a good market right? if yes then i dont see anyreason why stat or boozer wont play for the thunders.. you have green and the pick as a bait for this off season ..
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #15
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star
 
Buffalobraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wide Right City
Posts: 1,292
Default Re: Ridiculously Early Offseason Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
what pick does the thunder have?

am thinkin are you guys willing to part ways with jeff green.

i know he has been solid but with harden starting at two . kd at 3 . and westbrook at 1.. your team needs a legit pf and a c.

you willing to package green and the pick for a pf?

boozer ? amare? or bosh or maybe david west?

any of these guys would be good playing alongside KD and westbrook.

i know it maybe a long shot. but i think OKC has a good market right? if yes then i dont see anyreason why stat or boozer wont play for the thunders.. you have green and the pick as a bait for this off season ..
Thunder have their first and the suns first which should both be late teens or early twenty picks.

The Thunder probably wouldn't part with Green, you really have to watch a full Thunder game to appreciate this guy. He plays bigger than he is. He is a great rebounder and uses his quickness as an advantage on guys that are bigger than him. Also, I don't think the Thunder would make a huge change in their nucleus, its been working out for them pretty well this year.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy