Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation
Default Derrick Favors and Damion Jones?

Opinions?
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Derrick Favors and Damion Jones?

I wanted Crawford... Damn.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
I wanted Crawford... Damn.
I wanted him too but we have to many swingmen already. I like the trade for another big.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

F+
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 AM   #5
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
I wanted him too but we have to many swingmen already. I like the trade for another big.
I like Damion from what I see. though i was also wanted Hassan whiteside(31).
whatever the most important part is that Favors is a net.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:40 AM   #6
KiddToCarter
I airball my layups

KiddToCarter has an OK reputation so far

yea i think too... that this draft was poor... well derrick and james are ok.. but we could do much better... like ebanks or stephenson... in the second round.. its just im whitout words....

edit: why didnt we trade that wii i mean YI guy.. for somethink.. cuz no one knows how old he is and how much potencial is in him... damn.. im so...

Last edited by KiddToCarter : 06-25-2010 at 04:46 AM.
KiddToCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Derrck Favors was a great pick IMO

#27 - i was like YESSSS when they said Jordan Crawford...but then it was Damion James. I dont know anything about him so i dont have an opinon on it yet, i have to see what he can do

#31 - Now this had me a little pissed, that we didnt get anyone really. Passed up on guys like Mikhail Torrance who could have been a backup PG, Devin Ebanks, Gani Lawal, alot of talented guys

however overall im very happy with our draft mainly because of Favors and i think he is going to be great for our ball club. I hope Damion James is good as well. He was pretty high on most mock drafts and should provide some good defense from what i read about him.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #8
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
F+

LOL!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #9
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
LOL!
We picked an unskilled project when the best and third best prospects in the draft were available(Cousins and Monroe).

Then we picked a SF without any range on his jumper.

With the 1st pick in the 2nd we reached for a player who only has a passing interest in the NBA and is a stiff.

It was on a F+ because ISH will not let me post one letter replies. Rod Thorn should be fired. This team got worse in the draft.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #10
BALLin01
Local High School Star

BALLin01 has decent reputationBALLin01 has decent reputation

I wish we kept Crawford. Also Monroe>Favors
BALLin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #11
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
We picked an unskilled project when the best and third best prospects in the draft were available(Cousins and Monroe).

Then we picked a SF without any range on his jumper.

With the 1st pick in the 2nd we reached for a player who only has a passing interest in the NBA and is a stiff.

It was on a F+ because ISH will not let me post one letter replies. Rod Thorn should be fired. This team got worse in the draft.

i def can see where ur coming from, but i think i have the exact opposite opinion of you and Ballin01. As far as the Favors pick. Cousins and Monroe might be the better short term fixes but i really believe Favors is the better long term solution. He is a game changer and can contribute right away on the defensive end. The offensive end not right away but we need a moose that can rebound and block shots and change games. Favors is it, and he wants to be here. I think we should revisit this in 2 years and see who the better player is. I believe many opinions will change.

As far as Damion James, after reading up on him and seing some clips, stats, and analysis about him, i think this is a steal. "Then we picked a SF without any range on his jumper" But in defense, let me add that we also picked a SF that is defensive minded. That can rebound and block shots and has an all around game, and is also probably the toughest SF in the draft physically and mentally. offense will come. I see the trend or mentality now that we are goin with Avery Johnson as head coach. That mentality is defense. Its wat changes games, its wat wins games, and its what we didnt have last year. James brings a toughness and defensive attitude that we just do not have. Yea i like crawford, dont get me wrong but hes ben gordon basically. Offensive we can always get. IN FA, we will get offense without a doubt, Defense was the aim of the draft and IMO i would give it an A....although im sure everyone else here will probably disagree with me.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:05 AM   #12
Dasher

I watched Favors last year, he did not change games. He is passive, and plays with no fire. Cousins on the other hand impacts the game as soon as he touches the floor. Demarcus rebounds like a mad man and hustles on D. Favors is a poor longterm fix and he has no short term value. Big men generally have it at a young age, or they never get it. The Jermaine O'Neals of the world are exceptions.

Efficient offense wins games. Spacing makes efficient offense possible. Damion does not provide it. This was a horrible draft.

Last edited by Dasher : 06-26-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #13
Puretalent365
I airball my layups

Puretalent365 has an OK reputation so far

There was nothing wrong is the Nets draft. Theses two pieces will be fine. Favors played on a piss poor Tech team. If he played with Wall or any other above average point he would have had better numbers.He played the role he was asked to by his coach. Which is almost what he ll do with the Nets. Provide Defense, Rebounds and comp the other post player.
Now Jones looks like a good off the bench player.He s give you energy,huslte ,rebound , defense and 10 to 12 pts.

But like they say you wont tell until 3yrs down the road about a draft class. My money is on the Nets on this one.
Puretalent365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #14
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Favors was a fine pick. I'm not a fan of James though, but he's just a typical utility guy. Poor man's Jeff Green basically.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #15
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

Damion James

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=883CVmCru7k
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: