Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-25-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
dr8ked
Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

dr8ked has decent reputation
Question Is OKC a Complete team after this Draft ??

They Drafted 3, 7 feet tall Centers and have a future 1st pick from the Hornets. Looking at their roster when they made the Playoffs, it was obvious they were lacking length as bynum and gasol were getting key Offensive rebounds. Does the picks in this draft answer their major concerns ???
dr8ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #2
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Is OKC a Complete team after this Draft ??

Should be fun. I can't wait to see what they look like come opening night.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
EarlTheGoat
Banned

EarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this boardEarlTheGoat has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Sorry I missed the draft, somebody knows who they drafted exactly? Names and positions.
EarlTheGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:32 AM   #4
Hiei
Local High School Star

Hiei has decent reputation

You can't expect rookies to fit in right away. While some presence in the paint is better than none, what they can do remains to be seen.
Hiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:36 AM   #5
dr8ked
Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

dr8ked has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlTheGoat
Sorry I missed the draft, somebody knows who they drafted exactly? Names and positions.

The drafted Cole adrich, some guy they have to keep in Europe to develop. and i forgot the last guys name but he will be playing.. Cole Aldrich is ready to play in the NBA. They won't ask alot from him, just grab rebounds and clog the lane.
dr8ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:38 AM   #6
I am that I am
Banned

I am that I am has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr8ked
They Drafted 3, 7 feet tall Centers and have a future 1st pick from the Hornets. Looking at their roster when they made the Playoffs, it was obvious they were lacking length as bynum and gasol were getting key Offensive rebounds. Does the picks in this draft answer their major concerns ???
Last I remember Ibaka was getting boards and swatting shots left and right over Bynum and Gasol
I am that I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:40 AM   #7
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr8ked
The drafted Cole adrich, some guy they have to keep in Europe to develop. and i forgot the last guys name but he will be playing.. Cole Aldrich is ready to play in the NBA. They won't ask alot from him, just grab rebounds and clog the lane.

pleiss i think wil be in nba next season, usually guys who attend the drafts in 2n round comes over, barring buyout issues(which isnt the case here)
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #8
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
pleiss i think wil be in nba next season, usually guys who attend the drafts in 2n round comes over, barring buyout issues(which isnt the case here)
That French guy they got Kevin something was there, but they said he'll probably stay in Europe.

Aldrich is a good fit. They don't need their bigs to do very much on the offensive end. Durant and Westbrook have that covered. They just need them to defend.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #9
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am that I am
Last I remember Ibaka was getting boards and swatting shots left and right over Bynum and Gasol

and how did that turn out?

This does make them a complete team with Aldrich being a true C and guy who can protect the paint and board... but they aren't getting past the Lakers for at least a couple years. You can have guys who can board and protect the paint, but no matter who your big men are, Gasol and Bynum are taller, longer, and way more skilled than any other frontcourt you are going to play. You have to be able to defend one on one in the post against the Lakers and then make sure you box out and get the board.

OKC should be a 55 win team next year... I mean shit they have a very good PG, good developing SG in Harden, top 10 player in Durant, versatile player in Jeff Green, and Ibaka and Alrich now to crash the boards and protect the paint... Yes they look like they are going to be a very good team... but the key to winning in the NBA is having big men who can score... and they still won't have them. Ibaka has a chance cus he has a pretty nice jumper, but Aldrich will never be that guy.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:58 AM   #10
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Didn't OKC trade the rights to one of them away?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:04 AM   #11
I am that I am
Banned

I am that I am has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
and how did that turn out?

This does make them a complete team with Aldrich being a true C and guy who can protect the paint and board... but they aren't getting past the Lakers for at least a couple years. You can have guys who can board and protect the paint, but no matter who your big men are, Gasol and Bynum are taller, longer, and way more skilled than any other frontcourt you are going to play. You have to be able to defend one on one in the post against the Lakers and then make sure you box out and get the board.

OKC should be a 55 win team next year... I mean shit they have a very good PG, good developing SG in Harden, top 10 player in Durant, versatile player in Jeff Green, and Ibaka and Alrich now to crash the boards and protect the paint... Yes they look like they are going to be a very good team... but the key to winning in the NBA is having big men who can score... and they still won't have them. Ibaka has a chance cus he has a pretty nice jumper, but Aldrich will never be that guy.
How did it turn out? Ibaka was a beast and put up career numbers and the young OKC team took the Lakers to 6, it turned out rather well I'd say
I am that I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #12
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For OKC's and his own sake, I hope Pleiss is gonna get some minutes in their rotation, he's a very talented 7-foot center.. if things turn out the way they should be, you're gonna be very lucky with him.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:45 AM   #13
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

They need still need a veteran Guard(SG) who can guard the likes of wade and kobe.

Shane Battier to OKC would be awesome.
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:25 AM   #14
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i dont think they have or will develop anyone soon who can replace jeff green as the pf, so they are always gonna have a non rebounding/shotblocking 4. ibaka looked great last year at centre tho but is it enough?
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #15
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbugz
They need still need a veteran Guard(SG) who can guard the likes of wade and kobe.

Shane Battier to OKC would be awesome.

what? sefolosha will do. he doesn't have shooting touch, but he's good enough of a piece
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: