Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
a rock
I airball my layups

Default Wanting to go to a basketball camp or something to work on my game in LA.

Hey.

I need to work on my skills a lot, especially if I plan on starting next year. I am in LA and want to go to a basketball camp. I am 15, and it looks like there are many options... but I have no idea what is a good one.

I keep looking at the Kobe, Jordan, and Fisher ones... but they all seem to be targeted at people who want to meet the players and bullshit as opposed to working on fundamentals. I wanted to go to the Byron Russel one, but upon looking at pictures, it is a mountain of 10 year olds and 5 guys in my age group.

What should I do? If you are in LA and do this sort of thing (helping younger players with their game) then feel free to post your price/location. You can also email me at sashakanji @ gmail.com. If you have recommendations on a camp, please post em here.

Thanks.
a rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

Default Re: Wanting to go to a basketball camp or something to work on my game in LA.

if you dont see any camps that you like then you should look into some DVD's or something that focuses more on what you want.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
a rock
I airball my layups

Default Re: Wanting to go to a basketball camp or something to work on my game in LA.

I have looked into DVDs and other things. I have books about basketball, among other things. I need a coach or people to tell me what im doing wrong, or how to do additional things.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

Quote:
Originally Posted by a rock
I have looked into DVDs and other things. I have books about basketball, among other things. I need a coach or people to tell me what im doing wrong, or how to do additional things.

yea i work out with a guy 6 days a week who used to play at Cal and was a scout for a couple teams in the league. we just work on fundamental things like ball handling, defense, shooting, offensive counters and such. it really has helped my game a lot. people are out there, you just have to find them. i would ask your high school coach if he knows anyone
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
a rock
I airball my layups

Yeah, I have tried but I can't seem to get ahold of him.

The other coach is good, but pretty clueless when it comes to this type of thing.
I just wanted to know if anyone here had reviews/reccomendations of camps, because there are NONE on the internet.

I also wanted to see if anyone on here could help me with my game and shit, and is good with helping people with it. I would ofcourse pay them and do this in place of basketball camp.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
DevDaAllstar
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Try colleges in your area. They are a great way to get tips from established coaches and play against players your age
DevDaAllstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

Look into the Nike Kobe skills academy. It's different from the Kobe academy because this is an elite level camp. If you attend this camp (It might be invite only), you pretty much know you're going to go D1.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
DevDaAllstar
Can barely lace up my sneakers

You also have to factor in the costs of the camp too. IDK what your (or parents) money situation is like
DevDaAllstar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: