Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-16-2006, 01:01 AM   #16
WAGNAtheoriginal
I brick open layups

WAGNAtheoriginal has decent reputation

50's first album was truely a classic. Since then, I've seen alot of hype and alot less quality material.
WAGNAtheoriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:02 AM   #17
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
my point was made in this post... people mocking his popularity. If he was still underground, people would be all over the place talkin about how tight his music is.

50 was hot but after his first album i started to dislike his stuff. I like Emimen but i hate his subject matter usually. Cant stand DMX anymore although i loved his first album, he used to be mad funny to me.

But back to the point: G-Unit is wack.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:12 AM   #18
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
50 was hot but after his first album i started to dislike his stuff. I like Emimen but i hate his subject matter usually. Cant stand DMX anymore although i loved his first album, he used to be mad funny to me.

But back to the point: G-Unit is wack.

u mean G-U NOT... hahaha. I wonder how long it took Game to think of that lame nickname. I dont particularly care for all of G-Unit either, but 50's always gonna be tight and Yayo is alright. Banks is so-so and Young Buck is pretty weak though... If Nas ever came out with his own video game, everyone would be sayin the same stuff about him on this board that they say about 50.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:31 AM   #19
Chachi-in-Charge
ILLest EVA!

Chachi-in-Charge has an OK reputation so far

50 dropped 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' and we thought he was hot
Now the same n*gga wanna take us to the 'Candy Shop'
:rollingeyes:

What happened?

50 fell off, showed his lack of skill with a piece of steel.

50 dont rap, he sings too much now

Rakim has real skills, he would crush 50

Only punk ass little kids rep 50, them and button down thirty something white collar types who wanna be hard.

It's like my boy Fat Joe said "f*ck 50"

Yeah 50 got 65 brothas on his team
but their not from South side jamaica Queens
they're the boys in blue
Im just speakin the true
now we all see the b*tch in you

50 meet 50, he's the fakest thug you've ever seen.
Curtis Curtis Jackson you know you can never ever be mean.

Since when did it become cool to be shot?
Chachi-in-Charge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:41 AM   #20
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi-in-Charge
50 dropped 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' and we thought he was hot
Now the same n*gga wanna take us to the 'Candy Shop'
:rollingeyes:

What happened?

50 fell off, showed his lack of skill with a piece of steel.

50 dont rap, he sings too much now

Rakim has real skills, he would crush 50

Only punk ass little kids rep 50, them and button down thirty something white collar types who wanna be hard.

It's like my boy Fat Joe said "f*ck 50"

Yeah 50 got 65 brothas on his team
but their not from South side jamaica Queens
they're the boys in blue
Im just speakin the true
now we all see the b*tch in you

50 meet 50, he's the fakest thug you've ever seen.
Curtis Curtis Jackson you know you can never ever be mean.

Since when did it become cool to be shot?

50 did have a few "soft" songs on his massacre album but "Im supposed to die tonight" and "piggy bank" were both tight. And off his 1st cd, "Heat" "u not like me" "patiently waiting" & "many men" to name a few were classic 50. He also had some good songs on the get rich or die tryin soundtrack... who else gets shot 9 times and survives? Not Fat Joe
Old 11-16-2006, 01:46 AM   #21
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
If 50 wasn't so popular, he'd be at or near the top of everyone's list of best rappers out right now. But because Dre/Eminem made him blow up, everyone acts like he sucks. Look at this $hit... Everyone on this board is afraid to admit that they like 50 cuz everyone else is like "dude is wack" "ban this guy" "co-sign"...

You said it. Dre made him blow up. I wouldnt go near 50 Cent's material if it wasnt for the production he recieves. He is a pretty ordinary rapper(there are worse but he hasnt said a thing worth while) he is the guy you can bare listening to because the beat behind it is great, he is like the complete opposite of Canibus.

Also... the creator of this topic should be banned for immense amounts of stupidity, no good can come from someone that stupid, not even the entertainment of stupid things.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:50 AM   #22
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
You said it. Dre made him blow up. I wouldnt go near 50 Cent's material if it wasnt for the production he recieves. He is a pretty ordinary rapper(there are worse but he hasnt said a thing worth while) he is the guy you can bare listening to because the beat behind it is great, he is like the complete opposite of Canibus.

Also... the creator of this topic should be banned for immense amounts of stupidity, no good can come from someone that stupid, not even the entertainment of stupid things.

And everyone that hates on 50 is basically hatin' on Eminem because he's the one that brought him to Dre and Dre signed him. Dre knew he'd blow up if he signed him cuz he's off the hizzle fo rizzle, u can even ask sizzle. dizzle fizzle... nuff said
Old 11-16-2006, 01:51 AM   #23
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
who else gets shot 9 times and survives? Not Fat Joe

Being stupid enough to get shot does not a good rapper make. It just makes an idiot.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:56 AM   #24
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Being stupid enough to get shot does not a good rapper make. It just makes an idiot.

That's somewhat disrespectful to Pac/Biggie, but oh well...

I never said getting shot makes a good rapper... but he's got a whole lot more street cred than 99% of the rappers out right now. What has Fat Joe done? Whats the most "street" thing Nas did? Get Kelis tat'd on his arm... I wouldnt have even known that if 50 hadn't made it known. See, u can learn lots just from listening to him. And people talk about 50 being soft and singing too much.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:09 AM   #25
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

Is this a serious question? 50 cent is a straight bum, Rakim created stage charisma, had a unique rhyme style, and cranked out classic records, all 50 cent did was get shot rely a short white guy named eminem to make him famous.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:12 AM   #26
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

by the way, has Mase joined G-Unit yet? I know Puff is going straight gangster as far as the paperwork goes...

and to all you kids who think 50 is nice, do yourself a favor and listen to ...
Step Into The Arena, Illmatic, The Big Picture, Reasonable Doubt, 36 Chambers, Like Water for Chocolate, Blackstar, and if you need more hit me up, these albums will change the way you look at rap.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:13 AM   #27
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

RAP = CRAP.

Pure and simple. A bunch of ebonics speaking no-talent ass-clowns who squander their millions of dollars on jewelry, rims and Cristal. I dont even consider this genre to be music. All it does is glorify the thug life, degrade women and encourage drug use among youth.

You want some real music? Look no further than:

JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:17 AM   #28
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq
Is this a serious question? 50 cent is a straight bum, Rakim created stage charisma, had a unique rhyme style, and cranked out classic records, all 50 cent did was get shot rely a short white guy named eminem to make him famous.

Eminem isn't the one doing all the rappin' on 50's albums. He helped Dre produce most of the songs and appeared on some of the songs but thats it. I dont know the #'s but im guessing if u look at every rappers last 2 albums that 50 ranks somewhere near the top in total amount of records sold. Rakim's old school, 50 leads the new school.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:21 AM   #29
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
RAP = CRAP.

Pure and simple. A bunch of ebonics speaking no-talent ass-clowns who squander their millions of dollars on jewelry, rims and Cristal. I dont even consider this genre to be music. All it does is glorify the thug life, degrade women and encourage drug use among youth.

You want some real music? Look no further than:

Green Day is tight too... but too many people take some rap songs too literally. There's quite a few rap songs by 50, Eminem, Obie, Luda, Pac, & plenty others that send positive messages as well. U gotta be smart and know the difference when rappers are talkin outta their @ss and being serious...
Old 11-16-2006, 02:56 AM   #30
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
If 50 wasn't so popular, he'd be at or near the top of everyone's list of best rappers out right now. But because Dre/Eminem made him blow up, everyone acts like he sucks. Look at this $hit... Everyone on this board is afraid to admit that they like 50 cuz everyone else is like "dude is wack" "ban this guy" "co-sign"... Instead, everyone rides Nas' nuts .

that's because nas actually has talent, a concept foreign to 50
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: